Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2044421 - 11/11/19 06:43 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: pizzanbeer]
Yardbirdbob Offline
John Brown

Originally Posted By: pizzanbeer
We are not getting enough of a pass rush or stopping the run with the players we have in the 3-4 defense. Eliot has verbals from a lot of LBs so that will help. I would like to see him add more recruits for DL.

I have wondered about the 3-4 defense all year. I've always understood it takes 3 really good front line guys for this to work well. A stud nose guard and two quick, oversized DE's. Not exactly the words one would use this year.

#2044449 - 11/12/19 07:59 PM Re: DJ Elliot and the D [Re: Yardbirdbob]
pizzanbeer Offline
Max Falkenstien

Originally Posted By: Yardbirdbob

I have wondered about the 3-4 defense all year. I've always understood it takes 3 really good front line guys for this to work well. A stud nose guard and two quick, oversized DE's. Not exactly the words one would use this year.

Eliot is recruiting at nose guard with Terry and Caldwell. He did some recruiting at DE with Harris and Taylor. Maybe Eliot plans to go the JC route for recruiting DE for more depth. I wish he was adding more oversized DEs from high school recruits.

Bowen tried 3-4 when he was the DC and it did not work so he went back to 4-3. I prefer 4-3 as a base defense and mix in some 3-4. Eliot does not have the right sized players with enough experience to run an effective 3-4 right now or for next season either.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview