Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035597 - 11/14/18 11:26 AM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Having grown up in Lawrence my entire juvenile life, then graduating from there against some tough odds of paying my own way (zero debt after),
Come on now, your tuition was only about $280 per semester back then. Even adjusted for inflation that's nothing compared to the cost of tuition these days. My pops paid both his way as well as my mom's way through school at KU with zero debt. Virtually no way in the world could someone do that today.

#2035598 - 11/14/18 11:44 AM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kirk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Austin
Oh yeah, the list goes on and on. I wish I could have seen Jaynes and Riggins.

Sayers as your grad assistant? Wow! A greek deity on the field and off. My grandparents knew him well, as he was quite involved with the athletic programs of course. I never met him.

Bball today for me is like a remarried ex-girfriend. The hots are long gone. I’m not entirely sure why, but “love has a nasty way of disappearing overnight.” One and done was big; it made the teams feel to me as indistinguishable and uninterersting as corrugated cardboard.

But KU football is a sloppy mistress for whom I have an irrational, ill-advised passion that mystifies my friends, who can clearly see: that dog is “fugly.”

#2035599 - 11/14/18 12:05 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Having grown up in Lawrence my entire juvenile life, then graduating from there against some tough odds of paying my own way (zero debt after),
Come on now, your tuition was only about $280 per semester back then. Even adjusted for inflation that's nothing compared to the cost of tuition these days. My pops paid both his way as well as my mom's way through school at KU with zero debt. Virtually no way in the world could someone do that today.
I truly appreciated the in-state tuition rates back in the day. It was affordable but I had no assistance handout from the gov or parents financial, just alot of emotional support.

FYI - my daughter has just begun a $20K approx. program locally in Denver for cosmetology. Even technical schools these days are getting outrageously high.

#2035612 - 11/14/18 07:14 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
That's crazy for a cosmetology school. No wonder woman's hair appointments often cost more than $100.

#2035615 - 11/14/18 08:25 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: DrGreydog]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: DrGreydog
Jedd Fisch or Troy Calhoun....
Who was being interviewed?

Fisch for Miles OC.

#2035616 - 11/14/18 08:28 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: KUCO_VOC]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kirk
Wow, good thoughts. I love KU. I’m fortunate that my childhood and youth were populated with superheros like Nolan Cromwell, Laverne Smith, Norm Cook, Darnell Valentine, then Ron Kellogg and Calvin Thompson and many others. Those early tailgates, the Kansas relays always in the rain watching those athletes from everywhere wearing all those different colors of track uniforms. I remember the moment when Nolan got hurt and the heartbreak of the whole stadium. And the gift of watching every move of the transcendent Danny Manning. Watching the OSU coach pull his defenders off of Archie Marshall so he could attempt a couple of missed long distance shots, coming off the bench in his leg brace. That was honor right there. And my dad and his friends who went to school with Wilt, saw his team fall to UNC in three OTs in Kansas City, saw John Hadl, Gale Sayers, Jim Ryun, John Riggins. All that tradition. I guess I loved Allen Fieldhouse as much as the football tailgates, about equal, and the glory was greater, but it was the tailgates that contained all the extended family and friends and passers by and all their stories and talk — that was unsurpassable in my memory, even if we lost most of the time.

Having grown up in Lawrence my entire juvenile life, then graduating from there against some tough odds of paying my own way (zero debt after), and surviving the sixties turbulence, I too say I love KU. One thing Kirk, you missed cheering on Mason in the backcourt recently. I've said this before, but having Sayers as a GA teaching me how to climb the rope in the gymnasium was special memory to never be forgotten. David Jaynes as a QB was another special time for us fans. Nolan's injury was a serious blow during that season, as well.

I had Delvin Williams assistant teaching in my gym class once in junior high. I played him some one on one B-ball. He smoked me. Cat had serious hops for a football player. He had a very nice pro career.

#2035618 - 11/14/18 09:49 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: Kman_blue]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
That's crazy for a cosmetology school. No wonder woman's hair appointments often cost more than $100.

I got a $8 haircut and Great Clips once and got a bottle of shampoo to boot. The haircut wasn't bad, but it felt like she was attacking my hair with a weed wacker!

#2035621 - 11/14/18 11:25 PM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: tophawk87]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
What give me some hope is the fact that KSU with Snyder turned things around now for nearly 30 years. Find that right guy, and we could be that team now heading into the future. This is my sole reasoning for not wanting Miles first off. I think we get the guy now for the long haul. If that means we have a couple of seasons like what we have witnessed, it might be worth it. There has to be another Snyder, Stoops x2, Mangino, and Leavitt group out there. It took all of those guys in the early years to make KSU .

#2035625 - 11/15/18 05:57 AM Re: Seth Littrell a "top candidate" [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Currently a master stylist can does a woman’s hair style at $165 a pop. Before $20 tip minimum. They aren’t considered that level at a men’s place like Great Clips. Women get a color and cut for that.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview