Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2035579 - Today at 09:50 AM Re: who is your top coaching choices [Re: moose1]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Would Venables even return a call for $5million at year?

RCJHKU!

Hell yes he would. He hasn't had a head coaching offer before. I am guessing you could get Venables for 2M.

Isn't he getting more than that at Clemson?

#2035580 - Today at 09:58 AM Re: who is your top coaching choices [Re: appyhawk]
Kirk Online   embarrased
John Brown

Loc: Austin
Let me flip that around. How do we know Miles is a real candidate at all? Isn’t it all conjecture based on his previous association with Long?

And if the unemployed Miles was always in the works, what’s the holdup? Wouldn’t they want to get onto recruiting for a program that has like, nobody coming in?

I’m not saying it absolutely won’t or can’t be Miles...but it’s starting to sound a little dubious. Hope I’m wrong!

#2035584 - Today at 05:56 PM Re: who is your top coaching choices [Re: DrGreydog]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Miles could have any job open now if he wants it. Knowing Long is a plus because everyone wants a boss they have a good relationship with. KU is the most difficult rebuild of the current openings but has a lot of potential. Anyone who succeeds will attain status as the best program builder since BS in Mancrappy.

Then again, he could just be fulfilling the terms of his buyout with LSU.

#2035585 - Today at 06:12 PM Re: who is your top coaching choices [Re: DrGreydog]
Kirk Online   embarrased
John Brown

Loc: Austin
It's a doable rebuild though. I mean, it's going to be sucky for the first two years, really sucky, but after that we could be looking at .500 seasons and up. OU, UT and possibly WVU will be practically unbeatable (for us), but these days, teams who looked like they were going to stay heavyweights (TCU, Baylor), aren't. Strong teams like Texas Tech and OSU never seem to get over the hump blocking them from the top tier, and while ISU is looking more competitive, bless their little hearts, they're definitely within range of what we can accomplish. KState may be headed back down the toilet forever, who knows.

KU has money, the most beautiful fcuking campus in the world, a marvelous place to raise kids, and there's no reason some strong coach can't eat sh!t for a couple crummy years in order to grab some greatness. Even though Beaty was unable to recruit more than a singe GD kid.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Preview