Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2034506 - 10/19/18 06:09 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: KUHawkhead]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
ISU and KU has never really been a rivalry. Maybe some now with Huskers and Tigers gone.

#2034510 - 10/19/18 09:45 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: 58hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: 58hawk
ISU and KU has never really been a rivalry. Maybe some now with Huskers and Tigers gone.
Agreed, but don't tell that to this guy!

#2034511 - 10/19/18 10:11 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: KUHawkhead]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Yeah I remember that. Guy could pass for a K-Fake fan as well.

#2034943 - 11/01/18 09:00 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: KUHawkhead]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Is just not very good. We have maybe three decent teams, but anyone that thinks the conference "champion" belongs in the BCS Final Four is truly mistaken. Let's assume Tejas wins it. I would give them even LESS of a chance of being successful against any of the other three that will make it than Notre Dame (who will be ran off the field like they were the last time their easy schedule, non conference affiliation, and ratings drive landed them into Alabama's hands for an absolute beatdown.

I think OU is still probably the best team in our conference, but they may stub their toes at least one more time, West Virginia is who we thought they were (and seem to be every third year) good QB who somehow gets hyped up to be a Heisman contender then shows that maybe he even isn't a good college QB, TCU has no offense, Tejas is a talented team that seems to be gelling, but the injury bug is biting hard, Okie Light will cut their hair at the end of the season (maybe he'd like Lawrence?), Baylor, KSU, and KU fill out the suckittude portion of the conference. Iowa State looks currently to be the giant killer of the conference. I really enjoyed watching the game last night with WVU, but found myself depressed once the game ended, remembering what it was like to get an upset win, rush the field, and tear down goalposts-like we used to when we had an actual program. It's fun to watch, but I predict their coach will get a real offer after this season, given his winning record against ranked opponents. That doesn't bode well for him staying at a place like Ames.

How long until we can watch this product without just knowing something bad is going to happen?

At a place like Ames? Really? In what way is Lawrence a better place? NONE. Ames is a great place and has many advantages over Lawrence starting with decent housing. I lived in lawrence 2 years and was glad to move back to Iowa. Lower cost of living, Better Highways, better water, lower taxes, and more down to earth people. MUCH, better High School athletics, bigger high school lineman, better HS wrestling, The only thing I miss about Lawrence is the traffic and HWY 10 LOL.

We pay Campbell very well. It will take a BUNCH of money to lure him away. Cost of living in Ames is much less than any school in BIG 10. He won't go to any other Big 12 school. Maybe SEC but Alabama's already locked up! IB

Edited by iowaboy (11/01/18 09:02 PM)

#2034945 - 11/01/18 09:09 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: KUCO_VOC]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: MICHHAWK
Good idea. Lets bash isu because they support their football team. Good idea.
I think a good idea is for KU football to improve so the rivalry between ISU & KU becomes a real thing again. But, yes, the fanbase for both ISU major sports, football and basketball, is filled with unrealistic fans who don't know a cornhole from an a..hole.

WE have better and more LOYAL fans than KU. We put 55,000 plus for all football games win or lose. Our mens BB team is about 2,000 less than Allen ONLY because we are maxed out and can't fit more in, and our Womens team is one of the top 4 or 5 in attendance every year averaging almost 10,000 per game. SO we have more fans at games than you do if you include womens BB. As far as being poor fans, don't let the FACTS get in your way of spewing Bullshit! IB

#2034946 - 11/01/18 09:52 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: KUHawkhead]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Dude, Iowa is a [censored] joke on the national stage. It's beyond laughable that you are trying to paint it as some magical wonderland.

"Bigger high school lineman"?!?! lolx1000

#2034957 - 11/02/18 09:43 AM Re: Our conference... [Re: JimWest]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: JimWest
Dude, Iowa is a [censored] joke on the national stage. It's beyond laughable that you are trying to paint it as some magical wonderland.

Its true that we make em bigger up here. Olathe North years ago won State Championships with 190-200 lbs lineman. Really? We routienly have 280-300 lbs lineman easily on certain teams and in some cases more than 2-3. Also 6'5". I noticed that when I lived down there and mentioned that. My co-workers like you laughed at me so when I moved back I sent them a roster of a high school here and they about [censored]. Kansas has some good talent for sure, but usually skill positions as opposed to linemen.

As far as Iowa not being on a national stage, if you are referencing BB, I think you are about to get all the "National attention" you care to receive and I don't mean about how successful you are this season. It's about where you have been and what you have agreed to and said. I hope for our Conference you didn't Crap down your legs. I noticed how you steered away from the statements about the NUMBER of fans that attend our games compared to yours. You see, you reap what you sew.

You had some really good Coaches in football, one who took you to the Orange Bowl but your players were too tender to maintain his style. The success of your BB program has hurt the football team BUT the fans let it happen. You live and die by the BB teams influence and Football suffers. Then you have the audacity to slam us here at Iowa State for having ignorant and stupid fans? Really? Pot meet kettle perhaps? IB

#2034970 - 11/02/18 04:28 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: iowaboy]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
Originally Posted By: iowaboy
Originally Posted By: JimWest

Its true that we make em bigger up here. Olathe North years ago won State Championships with 190-200 lbs lineman. Really? We routienly have 280-300 lbs lineman easily on certain teams and in some cases more than 2-3. Also 6'5". I noticed that when I lived down there and mentioned that. My co-workers like you laughed at me so when I moved back I sent them a roster of a high school here and they about [censored]. Kansas has some good talent for sure, but usually skill positions as opposed to linemen.

As far as Iowa not being on a national stage, if you are referencing BB, I think you are about to get all the "National attention" you care to receive and I don't mean about how successful you are this season. It's about where you have been and what you have agreed to and said. I hope for our Conference you didn't Crap down your legs. I noticed how you steered away from the statements about the NUMBER of fans that attend our games compared to yours. You see, you reap what you sew.

You had some really good Coaches in football, one who took you to the Orange Bowl but your players were too tender to maintain his style. The success of your BB program has hurt the football team BUT the fans let it happen. You live and die by the BB teams influence and Football suffers. Then you have the audacity to slam us here at Iowa State for having ignorant and stupid fans? Really? Pot meet kettle perhaps? IB

At first glance, I tend to agree with you about the "National Attention" that will soon focus directly on HCBS and the Hoops program. I too hope we didn't crap on ourselves. That said, if Adidas really was helping us land kids, they completely forgot about the grid program! grin

#2035004 - 11/03/18 01:41 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: iowaboy]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Its true that we make em bigger up here.

No one is questioning that Iowans are incredibly obese.

Quote:
Olathe North years ago won State Championships with 190-200 lbs lineman. Really? We routienly have 280-300 lbs lineman easily on certain teams and in some cases more than 2-3. Also 6'5".

You say this like someone is supposed to care.

Quote:
I noticed that when I lived down there and mentioned that.

Uh, ok. Not everyone is as obsessed about high school boys' bodies as you are.

Quote:
My co-workers like you laughed at me so when I moved back I sent them a roster of a high school here and they about [censored].

They were laughing at you because no one cares about this and it is hilarious that you do.

Quote:
Kansas has some good talent for sure, but usually skill positions as opposed to linemen.

??? SO WHAT

Quote:
As far as Iowa not being on a national stage, if you are referencing BB,

lol

Only a ruralite would think that I am referencing sports when I mention a state. I'm talking about your joke of a state.

Quote:
I think you are about to get all the "National attention" you care to receive and I don't mean about how successful you are this season.

lolwat

KU basketball being under investigation has nothing to do with Iowa being a shitty state.

Quote:
It's about where you have been and what you have agreed to and said.

I'm guessing this means something in tractor country. Here in civilized society, this is vapid tripe.

Quote:
I hope for our Conference you didn't Crap down your legs.

Is there a hidden meaning with the capital Cs?

Quote:
I noticed how you steered away from the statements about the NUMBER of fans that attend our games compared to yours.

lol

Bragging about attendance only indicates that there is nothing else to do in your state. Nevertheless, you clearly are having an impossible time keeping up with a simple conversation since you think that what I am saying has anything to do with what you are talking about.

Quote:
You see, you reap what you sew.

There it is - the farm analogy we knew you would resort to. You ruralites can't get your heads out of the fertilizer stores.

Quote:
You had some really good Coaches in football, one who took you to the Orange Bowl but your players were too tender to maintain his style.

No, the administration was too tender to maintain his style. The players loved him.

Quote:
The success of your BB program has hurt the football team BUT the fans let it happen.

This is nonsense. The success of the basketball program has not hurt football. The small mindset of ruralites, like yourself, has hurt the university as a whole.

Quote:
You live and die by the BB teams influence and Football suffers.

The basketball program does have significant influence. Its influence does not hurt football, however.

Quote:
Then you have the audacity to slam us here at Iowa State for having ignorant and stupid fans?

No, I'm slamming your entire state as being full of moronic ruralites. Iowa State fans are a subset of the larger class of stupidity.

Quote:
Really? Pot meet kettle perhaps? IB

And there we go, another farm reference.

#2035046 - 11/03/18 10:10 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: JimWest]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

My Goodness you are bitter. I have been on this forum for 16 years and you what? 2? You are so far down in a hole but you insist to keep digging. I could rebut all of your blather but lets suffice to say you can't fix stupid and you are really well, hmmmmmmm uh dare I say STUPID! IB

#2035048 - 11/04/18 01:08 AM Re: Our conference... [Re: iowaboy]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

My Goodness you are bitter. I have been on this forum for 16 years and you what? 2? You are so far down in a hole but you insist to keep digging. I could rebut all of your blather but lets suffice to say you can't fix stupid and you are really well, hmmmmmmm uh dare I say STUPID! IB

k

#2035114 - 11/04/18 11:09 PM Re: Our conference... [Re: KUHawkhead]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Its Ok Iowa .

I think most on here would admire what Iowa St has done in the last 20 years in how they continue to make decent hires in all major sports programs. I have been to Ames for a football game and can say that I really enjoyed the experience not to mention the Long Island ice tea's!

Your hires in football have never really killed the program. The cupboard wasn't bare for Campbell. Rhodes left some talent on the roster. KU has failed to hire or retain a coach long enough to establish any kind of relevance. You have to allow a coach enough time to get talent first, then let him coach it up. I think our biggest mistake was firing Turner Gill after two years. He may never have done a great job, but he would have done better than Beaty by a mile.

Now realistically, we all know that Campbell is going to be a very popular name in coaching searches in the near future. The good thing is right now, those jobs won't be available right now unless Urban leaves Ohio St

#2035121 - 11/05/18 09:00 AM Re: Our conference... [Re: KUHawkhead]
tophawk87 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Dallas, TX
Big 12 has become more of a Basketball conference.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview