Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2033203 - 09/03/18 10:26 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
I can guarantee you that we are at least a half a billion lower in ACTUAL revenue than we would be had we capitalized on the success in 07 and not ran the only real coach I've seen in my many years as a KU fan off.

RCJHKU!
"Kansas’ latest embarrassing defeat on the gridiron led to one of the school’s professors suggesting a radical change.

Corey Rayburn Yung, who is a professor at Kansas University’s law school, suggested in a series of tweets that the school should drop the football program entirely."

#2033204 - 09/03/18 10:28 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

"Kansas’ football team has fallen upon hard times and become one of the worst in Division I. Since Mark Mangino was fired after going 5-7 in 2009, the program has gone through three head coaches and hasn’t done better than 3-9 in any given season. Turner Gill and Charlie Weis both flamed out there, and the program has become an utter joke under David Beaty. Beaty is now 3-34 including Saturday’s loss to Nicholls State.

Maybe before giving up the program entirely, they should try to hire a better coach who can at least get them to three wins."- Larry Brown Sports source

#2033211 - 09/03/18 02:31 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
JimWest Offline
))<>((

Yung is a moron - just look at his picture.

#2033212 - 09/03/18 03:00 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

I am sticking with Larry Brown sports over Young suggests that we try new coaching. Just a pro con posts deal Jim.

#2033220 - 09/03/18 09:25 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: Josh2408]
58hawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: KCMO
Originally Posted By: Josh2408
I honestly don't think Beaty will be fired until the last game of the season
Unfortunately that could be very true. I just don't see how Bowen or Meacham can be any better.

#2033244 - 09/04/18 11:47 PM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: 58hawk]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
I bet Meacham would do a better job.

If/when Beaty is let go during the season, I'd prefer the interim coach to be in order of preference,

#1 Meacham
#2 Miller
#3 Hull
#4 Ricker

I think they should let Bowen go the same day they let Beaty go and I could maybe flip flop #3 and #2 in my order of preference. I believe Meacham is actually getting held back by Beaty's input/influence on the O side of the ball right now. I saw it a lot on the sidelines last year too. Though, I'm not sure who was responsible for putting Kendrick in, in OT. That was an extremely predictable situation for their D to defend. We hadn't been able to block them worth a sh|it all game and they think putting Kendrick in, which 100% meant we were gonna try and run it, was going to work?? Yeah, let's let their D know we aren't going to throw it this down, so you all can just pin your ears back and come hard at stopping our run play.

#2033249 - 09/05/18 06:08 AM Re: Last Game For Beaty? [Re: pizzanbeer]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/kansas-a...ocid=spartandhp

This is beyond the "kiss of death" time for current Kansas Head Coach David Beaty. He can no longer be the head of the program day-to-day. His best move for the sake of the program would be to step aside. But whenever major money is involved, it's hard to discontinue slurping the gravy.

At some point in time, even nice guys (DB) know that the party is over and the host (AD Long) wants you to go home. Any accomplishments to remember? If being truthful, the Texas upset was it. I personally enjoyed the Weis Iowa State win MUCH better...

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Preview