Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2031750 - 06/20/18 05:30 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I don't know how to put it that you would understand it Tim, but for me and the KU fans I know. It is not a big deal. I almost wish it was. If KSU is going to be that good in basketball this year and challenging KU for the title this year it would make it more of a rivalry for this year in particular. Overall I don't get excited for the KSU game weeks in advance. After a KSU game is over I do not think about it that much.

Maybe here is a way to put it in perspective for you. I think of KSU and WSU about the same light, and in about the same way.

To me I look at Kentucky and Duke being more of rivals because we are all blue bloods.

Let me reiterate a prior comment. Competitively this is NOT a rivalry. KSU has destroyed KU in football, and KU is 59 and 5 against KSU in basketball since 1994. Maybe if KU starts winning some games against KSU in football and vice versa in basketball the rivalry will pick up.

Right now it is just not there. Not from KU's perspective. Sorry

#2031770 - 06/21/18 10:54 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: reservation lake, mn
moose, well put. i admit that beating ku in football is no big deal. losing to them would be though, i remember prince. and so it is with hoops on your side. yes, some competitive balance would bring the venom back, methinks.

#2031771 - 06/21/18 11:46 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
There NEVER has been any venom in this secondary rivalry, except from the KU obsessed little brother syndrome suffering pig farmer types.

#2031776 - 06/21/18 03:31 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
There NEVER has been any venom in this secondary rivalry, except from the KU obsessed little brother syndrome suffering pig farmer types.

keep saying that over and over again. it helps you believe it's true. science.

The illusory truth effect is the tendency to believe information to be correct after repeated exposure. This phenomenon was first identified in a 1977 study at Villanova University and Temple University.

#2031783 - 06/21/18 10:55 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

OK denius, lay out some examples of KU venom towards ksu in history. All the examples in my lifetime are from ksu towards KU and none the other way around.

Yip yip yip all you want, still doesn't change the facts about it meaning a ton more to you purple tards than it does to KU fans.

#2031794 - 06/22/18 02:38 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: Kman_blue]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

#2031795 - 06/22/18 03:05 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

LOL

Yeah, so much venom in those drunken students celebrating only the 2nd win in 14 tries against old balls. Nobody likes to lose to anyone that many times.

Doesn't even come close to a sniff of any venom or anything at all like the star trek dick move by the ksu band a couple years ago at a game where you weren't even playing us! Now that's some true venom and obsessive inferiority complex at work there.

Nor even the throwing of batteries at our bball players just after a game a few different years in manshathole or the many other litany of things ksu fans have done over the years of similar ilk.

Try again.

#2031809 - 06/22/18 10:30 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
There’s nothing like cornhole KSU types thinking a jab at KU football is witty.

#2031812 - 06/23/18 09:43 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
beenahawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Topeka, Kansas
I find it hard to forget and forgive the shower of whiskey bottles hurled into our fan section at the hole in the ground back in 82. Dumb ass Cat's though, some bottles were still full. In any event, a bunch of folks got hurt that night. Saw a crazed kittie even steal a KU band members hat. Oh well, it was on nationwide TV so the litterbox wanted the world to see just how classy they are.

82 was a good year for the kitties though, first bowl game ever. Made many in the old Big-8 a bit nervous though, we were afraid that Cat fans would start throwing weedeaters on the field as each season progressed.............. laugh

#2031815 - 06/23/18 03:57 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I think it is funny Timmy thinks KU fans are arrogant and pretentious. Yet he tells us how we should think and feel. Now that is pretentious!

In all seriousness lay off Timmy I think he is going to cry. Let him live in his own world as he always does.

#2031828 - 06/24/18 10:49 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: moose1]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: moose1
I think it is funny Timmy thinks KU fans are arrogant and pretentious. Yet he tells us how we should think and feel. Now that is pretentious!

In all seriousness lay off Timmy I think he is going to cry. Let him live in his own world as he always does.

mancrappin, k-suck, old balls, hole in the ground stadium, and like talk makes one think arrogance of ku fans.

#2031829 - 06/24/18 11:32 AM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: beenahawk]
Goober Offline
Prairie Warrior

Originally Posted By: beenahawk
I find it hard to forget and forgive the shower of whiskey bottles hurled into our fan section at the hole in the ground back in 82. Dumb ass Cat's though, some bottles were still full. In any event, a bunch of folks got hurt that night. Saw a crazed kittie even steal a KU band members hat. Oh well, it was on nationwide TV so the litterbox wanted the world to see just how classy they are.

82 was a good year for the kitties though, first bowl game ever. Made many in the old Big-8 a bit nervous though, we were afraid that Cat fans would start throwing weedeaters on the field as each season progressed.............. laugh

As a kid back in the 70's I went to a lot of KSU games in Manhattan. Most of my friends are KSU alums or fans. I went to two football camps in the Vince Gibson days. I went to the Independence Bowl and the Copper Bowl with my friends. I was in Manhattan for a KSU KU game in Mangino's first or second year. We were meeting our friends in Aggieville like we had dozens of times before. My wife and I got a rude reception in Rusty's while waiting for our friends to arrive. We were wearing our KU gear. Then the game happened. We started having objects land around us. Wadded up paper. Hotdog pieces, etc...We got up and left our friends, rather than me turning into Custer. I haven't been back since. I hope I never see that behavior in Lawrence. I would try to stop it if I ever do.

#2031836 - 06/24/18 05:28 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: Goober]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

clearly, not a rivalry.

#2031850 - 06/25/18 12:23 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: tmcats]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
Originally Posted By: tmcats

mancrappin, k-suck, old balls, hole in the ground stadium, and like talk makes one think arrogance of ku fans.

Accurate descriptions...like saying that pointing out the sky is blue makes you hate us!

RCJHKU!

#2031852 - 06/25/18 01:24 PM Re: big 12 revenue up again should help ku [Re: KUHawkhead]
tmcats Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Originally Posted By: KUHawkhead
Originally Posted By: tmcats

arrogant.

Accurate descriptions...like saying that pointing out the sky is blue makes you hate us!

RCJHKU!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Preview