Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2026713 - 01/22/18 06:41 PM Re: Billy Preston [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Duuurrhh Danny didn't play for Self nor was he a OAD....try to keep .

#2026752 - 01/23/18 02:34 PM Re: Billy Preston [Re: KUCO_VOC]
imajhawk11 Offline
Baby Jay

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Thanks to Self, we don’t forfeit any 2017-8 wins b/c of Billy’s mommy. That’s the best news.

AMEN!!!!! I just cringe when I think about what would have happened if Preston played any games - especially in the Big 12.

#2026753 - 01/23/18 02:39 PM Re: Billy Preston [Re: jahawker2004]
imajhawk11 Offline
Baby Jay

Originally Posted By: jahawker2004
Originally Posted By: moose1
Where is Dwight Coleby when you need him? I can't believe he left. He would be getting some major minutes at KU, and definitely help out with rebounding.

He didn't leave voluntarily. Self eased him out the door, telling him his playing time would be very limited if he stayed.

Agreed!! He didn't leave voluntarily. Plus, didn't Svi take his scholarship?? While Svi was deciding whether to stay or go, there were no more scholarships. So when he decided to stay, the scholarship had to come from somewhere.

#2026754 - 01/23/18 02:42 PM Re: Billy Preston [Re: PHOGUSHER]
imajhawk11 Offline
Baby Jay

Originally Posted By: PHOGUSHER
Awww...the old and not so original "I told you so". As expected from this not so bright lot. Hell if anything he took my suggestion. Ok chucko....just don't blame the messenger. Hope Billy enjoys driving his Charger on those smooth Bosnia roads. Bottomline is we could have of used his talent. We won't do much in the tournament without him. This is perhaps the biggest swing and miss in Self"s recruiting history. Quite sad actually.

Why is it on Self. He can't control the greed and dishonesty of other people. Preston and/or his family knew the car wasn't purchased legally. Then they tried to hide and bury the paper trail regarding the purchase. I'm just mad at that family for what they put KU through. What if Preston had played Big 12 games!!!! UGH!!!!

#2026901 - 01/26/18 07:57 PM Re: Billy Preston [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Idiot hasnt even showed up for that Bosnia team yet. Of course why would he. Is he still eligible for the NBA draft if he doesn't play Euro Ball. That team only had 12 games left. Preston might be the strangest stories of all of Self's poor choices of recruits. Terrible move on Self.

#2026904 - 01/26/18 09:35 PM Re: Billy Preston [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

You recruit talent. Kid has talent. Sometimes it's hard to know if they're going to be trouble till you get them on campus.

#2026908 - 01/27/18 10:46 AM Re: Billy Preston [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

But with hundreds of individuals on KU's basketball staff I just think that all recruits can be investigated to the fact that there might be something questionable about possible financial favors. Do that before offering . Seems like there would be some red flags before hand.

#2026909 - 01/27/18 11:41 AM Re: Billy Preston [Re: AlOerter]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

True. Maybe saw some red flags they thought they could deal with. Maybe not. Risk/reward. Maybe thought potential reward outweighed potential risk.

I guess we'll never know the details of what happened unless Billy spills it some years from now. Hopefully Self and staff learned from this. At least now they can move on and solidify what remains. This still has the potential to be a special second half of the season.

#2026910 - 01/27/18 12:07 PM Re: Billy Preston [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Yes...the point is moot. Time to move forward.

#2027018 - 01/30/18 11:41 AM Re: Billy Preston [Re: AlOerter]
Topcitykid10 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Kansas
Just curious if anyone knows how much Billy signed for?

#2027019 - 01/30/18 11:52 AM Re: Billy Preston [Re: Topcitykid10]
jahawker2004 Offline
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article195738719.html

Not sure how much, not even sure he showed up. Season almost over.

#2027021 - 01/30/18 11:59 AM Re: Billy Preston [Re: AlOerter]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

He finally showed up. Had 3 pts and 2 boards in his first game. Rumors are he is hating life over there. Better off riding the pine at old KU. The lifestyle would have been far superior if he stayed in Ltown....

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13

Preview