Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2028255 - Yesterday at 09:52 AM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: Jaycat92]
Jman1 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Atleast we don't have this guy as our head coach

Sean Miller

Could be some tough sleddin ahead for U of A and Miller Time.

#2028266 - Yesterday at 12:05 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
KU not worried. I mean what are we gonna do....bench Josh Jackson. However Zona and Miller are in some deep doo doo..

#2028267 - Yesterday at 01:09 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

After reading through the Yahoo report again, there's nothing to say that Dawkins didn't make up a phony spread sheet to scam money from Miller and ASM. He was seeking "reimbursement" for these loans from Miller. I guess subpoenaed bank records may tell the story if the FBI pursues. The loans are not illegal so it wouldn't be their jurisdiction. The NCAA doesn't have subpoena power.

#2028269 - Yesterday at 02:21 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: AlOerter]
jahawker2004 Online   happy
Freethinker

Loc: Wherever Freethinkers Gather
Short term, I think all the taped phone conversations of Dawkins, Miller, etc. and various coaches will force the hand of the individual schools themselves. For example, the NCAA said today they would leave it up to Arizona officials to decide whether or not Miller and Ayton should be allowed to participagte in any more games.

Now we know why Ayton ended up at Arizona after promising KU coaches he wanted to be a Jayhawk.

#2028270 - Yesterday at 02:34 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
Freethinker

I rtead an article somewhere this morning detailing allegations one of the apparel companies spent up to $150,000 directing players to certain schools they have contracts with. And I think Bowen's name was mentioned.

That's kinda scary because KU and Louisville have the largest apparel contracts with adidas.

I'm sure nobody is surprised ALL the bluebloods have been stained already (to varying degrees) by results of this FBI investigation. So the NCAA will surely hesitate to come down hard on certain violations, lest they damage their cash cows--March Madness and the traditional powers that bring most the eyeballs to televised regular season games on ESPN, etc.

#2028271 - Yesterday at 02:56 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
moose1 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Wichita
I am a little concerned the NCAA will take away the 2012 Final 4 because of EJ. I am also concerned the wins and conference championships get vacated for the years EJ and Jackson played.

The other thing that is troubling is did Adidas make an offer to the coaching staff that was turned down? If they didn't report that to the NCAA I would think that would cause some problems as well.

#2028272 - Yesterday at 02:57 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
Freethinker

Arizona announces Sean Miller will not be allowed to coach tonight.

#2028273 - Yesterday at 02:58 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
AlOerter Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I guess the big issue their is whether schools/coaches knew about it concerning their particular school.

#2028274 - Yesterday at 03:05 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: moose1]
Freethinker

So far there is no evidence EJ took the loan while attending KU.

#2028288 - Yesterday at 05:37 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
dgless21 Offline
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
So we can be shocked about cheating...what about Sam Gilbert and UCLA?

You can take away UL's title...what about the UCLA issues?

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2028289 - Yesterday at 05:47 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
Jaycat92 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Nebraska
Arizona may be the only one that gets this treatment right now. This is whom they chose to make an example out of so far.

Cocerned......a little bit. Surprised no. College athletics have been ran by money for years, and shoe companies have had there way with basketball for a few decades now.

Arizona may get the death penalty, but its Miller whose going to never coach again in college basketball. He is done. Basketball is different than football. Death penalty won't completely ruin a basketball program. Its far easier to recruit 10 guys for a basketball team, than 40 for football.

#2028293 - Yesterday at 06:01 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: jahawker2004]
oldalum Offline
Lawrence Legend

"I am a little concerned the NCAA will take away the 2012 Final 4 because of EJ."
Everything I've read said EJ got a loan TWO YEARS after he left Kansas. I don't think they can stick us with that one.

#2028334 - Today at 02:07 PM Re: SELF CONNECTED TO SCANDAL? [Re: Jaycat92]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Originally Posted By: Jaycat92
Arizona may get the death penalty, but its Miller whose going to never coach again in college basketball. He is done.

If Steve Fisher can resurrect a career anyone can. Rick Pitino will get another job if he wants one.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Preview