Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020816 - 09/23/17 04:34 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: track]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: track
Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Well, the consensus is Beaty/Bowen should be fired. Only real question now is, how long can the money gravy train last? Team is really disappointing and nobody can say Weis is the current problem. Can they stumble thru 2017? With this type effort?

Consensus is zenger needs to be fired first then the new ad can hire his loser. That's what we do at ol ku.
Don't think Zenger is in danger of being fired for at least another year and Beaty probably isn't in danger of being fired for at least 2 more years.

Despite the disappointing performance on the field so far this year, I think it'd set KU football back another 3 years if they fired coach Beaty before the end of the 2018 season. This never ending revolving door of head coaches is incredibly destructive and destabilizing to KU football. To continue that trend by yanking the rug out from under Beaty before he's had 4 full years to prove himself would just continue that destructive force and make things even worse than they already appear to be to many fans. Believe it or not.

#2020817 - 09/23/17 06:19 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue
Well, the consensus is Beaty/Bowen should be fired. Only real question now is, how long can the money gravy train last? Team is really disappointing and nobody can say Weis is the current problem. Can they stumble thru 2017? With this type effort?

Consensus is zenger needs to be fired first then the new ad can hire his loser. That's what we do at ol ku.
Don't think Zenger is in danger of being fired for at least another year and Beaty probably isn't in danger of being fired for at least 2 more years.

Despite the disappointing performance on the field so far this year, I think it'd set KU football back another 3 years if they fired coach Beaty before the end of the 2018 season. This never ending revolving door of head coaches is incredibly destructive and destabilizing to KU football. To continue that trend by yanking the rug out from under Beaty before he's had 4 full years to prove himself would just continue that destructive force and make things even worse than they already appear to be to many fans. Believe it or not.

Sounds about right. Next year not this year will determine zenger and beaty fate. We will have a good contingent of juniors and seniors and an experienced QB.

Edited by track (09/23/17 06:20 AM)

#2020818 - 09/23/17 06:34 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: Kman_blue]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Kman_blue

Good analysis kman, but the worst P1 football program in America today has a problem with good analysis. Instead of making the fan experience better right now ($350 redo of facilities announced), Kansas needs to take $x,xxx,xxx (millions) towards improving the players experience first. As we have discussed and re-hashed, players gravitate to winning programs. As much as DB & CB are nice guys, the experiences we as fans see now, remind us of the dog years of decline for many too long suffering HCs (Gameball comes to my mind).
The solution IMHO is to let the AD know now, after West Virginia game debacle, (from the Chancellor, President, VIPs, whoever) that the coaching "Bs" have a short leash of showing improvements on-field in 2017 or someone is announced immediately after bowl season concludes. A former coach? with not too little or not too old that has credentials for a further turn around for my Kansas University program. Again, my opinion.

track's comments above of next year's roster is full again and have played some P1 ball at soph and jr level sort of plays into my opinion in that the new HC doesn't have a bare cupboard in 2018. Fresh blood is a jump start in some cases. If players jump off, it's probably due to them not being P1 level talent to start with.

Edited by KUCO_VOC (09/23/17 06:45 AM)

#2020819 - 09/23/17 06:52 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
That's all fine and dandy, but right now the new Chancellor is 100% backing both coach Beaty and A.D. Zenger. Have heard a few of the top of the top donors are 100% behind them too still.

Don't think either one is in any danger of being canned for at least 2 years after I heard this last night. Originally thought Zenger may be on the hot seat after this year, but not now. Big donors just ponied up several million $$ for KU athletics because they still believe in Zenger.

So, it looks like this gofundme thing is doomed from the get go and all opinions to the contrary are just that, opinions. Zenger doesn't look to be going anywhere for at least 2 more years now.

#2020821 - 09/23/17 07:24 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
I don't read much into what Girod said.

Even the most screwed up families will try to act happy and normal in public.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020822 - 09/23/17 07:56 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Originally Posted By: dgless21
I don't read much into what Girod said.

Even the most screwed up families will try to act happy and normal in public.
+1

But I'm not a big gofundme proponent b/c it's futile and probably illegal to fly banners anymore.

We are all guessing but I'm pressing forward to advocate for change now instead of 5-7 cumulative years. At some point, I would like to see competitive football again.

#2020830 - 09/23/17 09:34 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
track Offline
gale sayers

Loc: Topeka,Kansas
Not exactly an ideal time to be under cutting the AD with 350 million dollar project just getting started. I suspect the chancellor understands that. Upgrade the facilities to make it more attractive to recruits and hopefully the coaching staff can up their game in the process

Edited by track (09/23/17 10:02 AM)

#2020831 - 09/23/17 09:41 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
dgless21 Online   mad
Local Deity

Loc: Lawrence Beer Co.
Your post is the point. You don't want to undercut the AD publicly right now.

We all know we need the renovations. Of course Girod is going to show his support. Do you expect him to say that Zenger is on the hot seat while announcing these renovations?

You also don't want to announce it before the season and recruiting is over because that would be more ammo to negative recruit against KU.

Hail to thee our Alma Mater, hail to old KU!

#2020832 - 09/23/17 09:46 AM Re: Anti-Zenger Gofundme [Re: dgless21]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

It's a reading comprehension thing. No one said to play the "AD is fired" card until at least this season is over. But put the word out to the B's some on field progress in 2017 is expected. Half time = down 22 to WVU. We need on field progress, not regress...

Edited by KUCO_VOC (09/23/17 12:43 PM)

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Preview