Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2020325 - 09/09/17 11:07 PM Mangino
RossChalk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Wichita
Listening to coach Beaty after the game made me want to puke. Coach speak & cliches aren't going to get it done anymore. Time to get the the talent level up & playing good football. Mangino used to throw his players under the bus after losses & fans would complain that he was being too tough on "student athletes". Hogwash! He held his players accountable, was hard on them & they performed. He managed to find QB's that could lead an offense & recruit talent with attitude. This current team has no leaders, no attitude & a coach who can talk a good game - but as of yet - hasn't coached one. And please stop with the flashy uniform combos. It's like the kid in jr high with the Air Jordan's who couldn't make a layup. Embarrassing!

#2020777 - 09/22/17 08:37 AM Re: Mangino [Re: RossChalk]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Finally a fan of Kansas toe-ball that gets it. I call it "toe ball" because Kansas has never put their full weight behind the program except when Mangino was there and his success was in SPITE of Kansas's best lack of support. You had a strong coach but because your players went "soft" after your really great season, and Mangino turned up the heat you all decided to terminate him. You have reaped what you have sowed. Sign of the times I suspect, but I prefer the mean ole bastards that really DO give a sh!tthank you and not have Coaches spending their time on how to cater to pussies and make them feel good about themselves. Opps! Truth alert. IB

Edited by iowaboy (09/22/17 08:39 AM)

#2020792 - 09/22/17 05:38 PM Re: Mangino [Re: RossChalk]
bigdogjac Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Oklahoma
i was just wondering why Mangino was no longer at I-state? Too many pussies?

#2020796 - 09/22/17 05:50 PM Re: Mangino [Re: bigdogjac]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: bigdogjac
i was just wondering why Mangino was no longer at I-state? Too many pussies?
ISU invented poosy patrol!!

#2020799 - 09/22/17 06:04 PM Re: Mangino [Re: iowaboy]
Jman1 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Originally Posted By: iowaboy
Finally a fan of Kansas toe-ball that gets it. I call it "toe ball" because Kansas has never put their full weight behind the program except when Mangino was there and his success was in SPITE of Kansas's best lack of support. You had a strong coach but because your players went "soft" after your really great season, and Mangino turned up the heat you all decided to terminate him. You have reaped what you have sowed. Sign of the times I suspect, but I prefer the mean ole bastards that really DO give a sh!tthank you and not have Coaches spending their time on how to cater to pussies and make them feel good about themselves. Opps! Truth alert. IB

This coming from a guy that supports a football program that, over history, has been equally inept and hapless

All-time ISU FB record: 497-633-45
All-time KU FB record: 524-599-54

We were closing in on .500 until the last 8 years happened, LOL

#2020815 - 09/23/17 04:16 AM Re: Mangino [Re: Jman1]
Kman_blue Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Originally Posted By: Jman1
We were closing in on .500 until the last 8 years happened, LOL
We were above .500 for our entire football history until 5 or 6 years ago actually.

#2020871 - Yesterday at 03:52 PM Re: Mangino [Re: bigdogjac]
iowaboy Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
gain, you Jayhawkers never addressed why you let your piece of crap AD run him out of town. IT didn't happen overnight. You all just stood by open mouthed, drooling, with your thumbs up your a$$eS and allowed it to happen. You reap what you sow. IB

#2020872 - Yesterday at 05:04 PM Re: Mangino [Re: RossChalk]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Lol...ioweeboy trolling.

Preview