Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#2018118 - 06/15/17 01:40 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: Jayhawk1952]
KUCO_VOC Offline
KU1980

Loc: Denver, CO
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
I just finish reading a book that is a tremendous read. Danny Manning says it’s, “A great read,” but it’s even more than that. The Book – PHOG The Most Influential Man in Basketball by Scott Morrow Johnson. It was printed in 2016 and probably supplants the book by Blair Kerkhoff, Phog Allen: The Father of Basketball Coaching published in 1996.

I knew quite a bit about Coach Allen, but learned a lot more through this book. The writer does an excellent job in holding your interest and making Doc Allen come to life. After reading the book, I have no doubt that Phog Allen was the most influential man in basketball as the title attests. He truly was the Father of Basketball Coaching and had a hand in most everything to help bring basketball to what we know it as today. The sad thing is that so many younger people, especially out side of KU fans, have little or no knowledge of the great influence he had on basketball.

I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn’t know much about Allen, knows a lot about Allen or just wants to learn more about the beginnings and development of basketball.
Sounds like an early Christmas present. To myself.

#2018124 - 06/15/17 03:44 PM Re: Self – A Top Notch Tourney/Season Coach [Re: KUCO_VOC]
Jayhawk1952 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Originally Posted By: KUCO_VOC
Originally Posted By: Jayhawk1952
I just finish reading a book that is a tremendous read. Danny Manning says it’s, “A great read,” but it’s even more than that. The Book – PHOG The Most Influential Man in Basketball by Scott Morrow Johnson. It was printed in 2016 and probably supplants the book by Blair Kerkhoff, Phog Allen: The Father of Basketball Coaching published in 1996.

I knew quite a bit about Coach Allen, but learned a lot more through this book. The writer does an excellent job in holding your interest and making Doc Allen come to life. After reading the book, I have no doubt that Phog Allen was the most influential man in basketball as the title attests. He truly was the Father of Basketball Coaching and had a hand in most everything to help bring basketball to what we know it as today. The sad thing is that so many younger people, especially out side of KU fans, have little or no knowledge of the great influence he had on basketball.

I highly recommend it to anyone who doesn’t know much about Allen, knows a lot about Allen or just wants to learn more about the beginnings and development of basketball.
Sounds like an early Christmas present. To myself.

Go for it! Great early Christmas present!

Page 19 of 19 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19

Preview