Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#989415 - 10/25/09 10:45 AM Re: Adreian Payne cuts KU, cancels visit [Re: ku_painter]
swishymcjayhawk Offline
get off my lawn

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

Or if we get Barnes, he might be our starting 4. From what I've seen, he's better as a post player than Julian Wright. More importantly, he's big, strong, and athletic enough to defend most 4s other teams would throw at us.

Barnes is playing either the 2 or the 3. He's said as much on several occasions.

...that is unless he ends up at Duke and they play at the 4 or 5, which they seem to do with all taller players they acquire.

#989416 - 10/25/09 11:57 PM Re: Adreian Payne cuts KU, cancels visit [Re: swishymcjayhawk]
mjlindsm Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

Quote:

Or if we get Barnes, he might be our starting 4. From what I've seen, he's better as a post player than Julian Wright. More importantly, he's big, strong, and athletic enough to defend most 4s other teams would throw at us.

Barnes is playing either the 2 or the 3. He's said as much on several occasions.

...that is unless he ends up at Duke and they play at the 4 or 5, which they seem to do with all taller players they acquire.

Yes, Kansas never puts guys around 6'5"-6'7" who are truly small forwards at the 4. Tell that to Nash, Galindo, Julian, Little, and Marcus.

And where has Harrison Barnes said he will play the 2 or 3 in college? Isn't that for his coach to decide?

#989417 - 10/26/09 12:05 AM Re: Adreian Payne cuts KU, cancels visit [Re: mjlindsm]
swishymcjayhawk Offline
get off my lawn

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes, Kansas never puts guys around 6'5"-6'7" who are truly small forwards at the 4. Tell that to Nash, Galindo, Julian, Little, and Marcus.

And where has Harrison Barnes said he will play the 2 or 3 in college? Isn't that for his coach to decide?

he feels he is best suited for the 2. personally, i think he'll play the 3. i don't see him playing the 4 at all. he's just not that type of player, plain and simple. just because he has a similar height with other players who played the 4 doesn't mean he will play the 4 at all.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview