#988704 - 10/23/09 12:02 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: kufan80]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
let the tea-leaf reading begin

#988705 - 10/23/09 12:05 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: kufan80]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Thanks for locating this. We've all been anxiously awaiting his impressions.

Barnes LOVED Bill Self's house. If he could move in with Bill, I think he'd be ours.

But this was the bottom line:

After three visits its still difficult to compare them. At North Carolina I had only been down there once briefly. Then I went back and I got to see them in action. I saw the alumni, the history and the players and that was a great time. Then I went to OU, who Id never seen before, and everything there was just brand new. I got to hangout with Coach (Jeff) Capel and all the players and that was great. So then I go to Late Night at KU and, even though I had been to it before, it was just great to go back and hang out with the guys. Im getting a lot of different feels about the colleges.

I think this weekend when I go back to Duke its gonna be good for me to hear their last pitch. Its kind of a big deal because Ive been down there so many times and now that Im on an official Im curious to see how it goes. Official visits are gonna be the last thing I remember about the universities since Im signing in November. Im sure that Duke will show me a good time.

I am encouraged that he was glad to come back to KU and "hang out with the guys". He must feel as comfortable at KU as anywhere. I was less comforted by him saying how many times he's been to Duke unofficially, and now they get the last pitch.

Fingers crossed.

#988706 - 10/23/09 12:06 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Yeah, I didn't realize he went to Duke that many times, I had just heard about the infamous one during the Dook/UNC game.

#988707 - 10/23/09 12:08 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
My interest is he talks about Lamb a lot in his OU and KU . I wonder if those two are building a rapport. Just throwing that out there, but I got good vibes from his writings. It's defiantly KU and Duke IMO, and I think it's a good sign he's been to the last two Late Nights.

#988708 - 10/23/09 12:09 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
SashasVodka Offline
JohnBrownWithARifle

Loc: KC
I got to say that I enjoy reading that, all personal bias aside. This smacks of thorough thinking and deliberation, which is hard to find ANYWHERE these days, let alone from a high school senior.

He'll make the right decision for himself, whatever it is.

#988709 - 10/23/09 12:09 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Too bad late night sucked.

Something about women and no school being a real pisser.

Or something.

#988710 - 10/23/09 12:09 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Is Lamb a Duke recruit also?

#988711 - 10/23/09 12:10 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Don't think so.

#988712 - 10/23/09 12:14 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Lamb isn't, but he is an OU recruit. I think Lamb is down to OU, UK, KU. I can't see Barnes going to OU, but I could Lamb at KU easily. But I could see Selby here too, and I don't know of there would be room for both Selby and Lamb.

#988713 - 10/23/09 12:15 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
kufan80 Offline
Big Dipper

I hope the Jayhawks in the NBA video resonated with him at Late Night!

#988714 - 10/23/09 12:15 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Rivals and scout list Lamb for Zona too, but I haven't heard much of that, and may have read that Zona stopped recruiting him.

#988715 - 10/23/09 12:17 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
jermio Offline
Big Dipper

Quote:

Quote:

Lamb isn't, but he is an OU recruit. I think Lamb is down to OU, UK, KU. I can't see Barnes going to OU, but I could Lamb at KU easily. But I could see Selby here too, and I don't know of there would be room for both Selby and Lamb.

Being too lazy to look it up, don't Lamb and Selby play different positions? I thought Lamb was more of a 2 and Selby played the 1. I could be EXTREMELY off on this one, but thought I would get clarification. Having said that, if Taylor comes back, I definitely don't see us getting both.

#988716 - 10/23/09 12:24 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: jermio]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

I was thinking more if Lamb and Barnes are a package deal. I was thinking more that we don't lose anything other than Xavier, Cole, Collins, I see Tyshawn or EJ moving to the 1, i.e. the Way Collins took over, thus not being enough room for Selby on the team if Lamb is the first to commit. Selby and Lamb are too high of a recruit IMO to sit behind a few people. I could be totally wrong of course, but just the way I've see it now after seeing Self work a few year.

#988717 - 10/23/09 12:29 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: jermio]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

More words about Bills house than late night lol. Easy to see which of the two made a bigger impression lol

#988718 - 10/23/09 12:35 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
jermio Offline
Big Dipper

I agree that Selby will not want to play behind Taylor, but if Taylor leaves, there is a chance we could get Lamb and Selby. Selby would likely run point (depending on how much progress EJ maks) and Lamb would play the 2.

#988719 - 10/23/09 12:37 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: jermio]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

I'd rather keep TT and have Selby go wherever. But I would most defiantly take Selby in a heartbeat if TT decided he wanted to go.

#988720 - 10/23/09 12:41 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Also, don't know if it's relevant, but he posted about his UNC visit 25 days after it happened, OU 9 days after it happened, and KU 5 days after it happened. But again, just throwing the info out there.

Kid has his head on straight, wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

#988721 - 10/23/09 02:08 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
DantheMan Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Not enough TV sets
Quote:

let the tea-leaf reading begin

Here's my best shot...

The only thing I can do is compare what he wrote about his UNC and KU visits, and extrapolate something regarding Duke, based on other information. I don't think any other school is in it.

Duke
He has visited them three times, per the "clears up Duke/UNC rumors" article on highschoolhoops. That is a lot of times to pay your own way to the East Coast. Also, he is close to Kyrie Irving, who just committed to Duke.

Here is an excerpt from an interview with Austin Rivers, the #5 prospect, now considering de-committing from Florida in favor of Duke (same site):

HSH: The popular rumor is that Duke is in good shape for both Kyrie and Harrison Barnes. Did you get the impression that the staff was confident about landing them?
AR: Yeah, yeah I think that they feel really good about Kyrie, and I know that Kyrie is really good with them. Obviously, you never know, but I know they feel good about that. With Harrison, I think they feel good about him too, but Id bet there are a couple of schools that feel good about their chances with him. You just never know, but yeah I think they feel good about them both.

The "couple of schools" comment is interesting.

UNC
It seemed like several things made an impression on Barnes, on this visit. Here were the hi-lights:

- (the coaching staff) had some "sweet" experiences to share.
- (the UNC museum) has "priceless" things. A detailed paragraph about this experience. It was a "cool" experience.
- meeting MJ was a great experience; he was one of his favorite players ever.
- it was "just cool" to see how the older NBA stars interacted with recent graduates in the alumni game.
- "thoroughly enjoyed" finding out what his schedule would look like.
- he could tell how much Vince Carter missed UNC, and he was "real aggressive" about why he should want to go to UNC. Got to meet "really important people" like Larry Brown and George Karl.
- Whole paragraph detailing the "most important thing": the ring ceremony. Players are rock stars.

His visit definitely occurred on a best case scenario opportunity for UNC, with the alumni event and the ring ceremony going on.

KU
To me, this whole entry uses more matter-of-fact language. "I did this, it was great". It was nice. I enjoyed it. Here were his KU hi-lights:

- seeing the new facilities was "really a good time"
- Barnes has established a good relationship with the current players. He mentioned several players by name, including X and EJ, who he visited with last year, and hung out with the players a lot. He even summarizes his visit with a comment about hanging out with the guys.
- Enjoyed watching Self coach the team in practice, and how the players respond to him.
- Obviously, he was blown away by Self's house.

If KU gets Barnes, it will be his relationship with Self and the team, and the proximity of the school that gave us the advantage. I think he was awed by his UNC visit, which had a confluence of events to dazzle him with. Duke probably interests him the most, from an education standpoint, and his friend just committed there.

I hope he enjoyed meeting the Dean/Chancellor and the Business School reps more than his journal indicates. He mentioned our Dean is new, and literally said nothing about how his visit with the Business School went. I hope we gave this part of the recruitment enough attention.

If I had to put a percentage on it, I'd say KU has about a 25% chance of getting Barnes. Slightly less than even up with Duke and UNC.

Coach Self is our wild-card. I think he and his family really like him.

#988722 - 10/23/09 04:56 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: kufan80]
tylerj Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

I hope the Jayhawks in the NBA video resonated with him at Late Night!

Me too but it's not like Duke, UNC, OU, and UK don't send kids to the NBA and my guess is Barnes knows he will play in the NBA no matter where he goes.

#988723 - 10/23/09 07:25 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: tylerj]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

He doesnt want to upset Duke or UNC, so he takes us to make a clean break. If he goes to either school there hes going to let down a coach and hear it from fans.

#988724 - 10/23/09 07:38 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: Hawklin]
jensen2 Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: OP
Hinson working the grill. Love it.

#988725 - 10/23/09 08:34 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: jensen2]
Zhawk06 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Washington D.C.
Something tells me we end up with McCallum and Lamb to go along with Woolridge. I think we if anyone is going to the this year's "HCBS Surprise", it'll be Brandon Knight.

#988726 - 10/23/09 08:35 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: jensen2]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

I guess I'm not sure why folks think UNC is out - -

"After three visits its still difficult to compare them. At North Carolina I had only been down there once briefly. Then I went back and I got to see them in action. I saw the alumni, the history and the players and that was a great time."

I would think that receiving a reach-around from M. Jordan would close the deal.

#988727 - 10/23/09 08:49 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: jermio]
Hawkstars39 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa
Quote:

I agree that Selby will not want to play behind Taylor, but if Taylor leaves, there is a chance we could get Lamb and Selby. Selby would likely run point (depending on how much progress EJ maks) and Lamb would play the 2.

I don't think Selby will have to play behind Taylor. Taylor would play the 1 and Selby at the 2 similar to Russ at the 1 and Mario at the 2. Both combo type guards with Taylor taking on more of Russell's role as the distributer and Selby as more of the scorer similar to Mario. Both having the ability to bring the ball up in a combo guard fashion that Self likes. EJ and Lamb would come off the bench.

In my opinion after watching endless videos of all these guys, Selby has to be our top choice, if we got to choice. He reminds me so much of what Mario gave us. Very athletic, fast, can drive, dish, has the floater in the lane, shoots the 3 and is a great on the ball defender. He's my top choice.

A line up of :
1. Taylor
2. Selby
3. Releford
4. Marcus Morris
5. Thomas Robinson or Jeff Whithey

is quite the posibility for next year. Thats a top 15, maybe even top 10 preseason starting lineup.

#988728 - 10/23/09 08:52 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: Zhawk06]
Hawkstars39 Offline
John Brown

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa
Quote:

Something tells me we end up with McCallum and Lamb to go along with Woolridge. I think we if anyone is going to the this year's "HCBS Surprise", it'll be Brandon Knight.

We're not recruiting McCallum any more.

#988729 - 10/23/09 08:56 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: Hawklin]
rhino Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

He doesnt want to upset Duke or UNC, so he takes us to make a clean break. If he goes to either school there hes going to let down a coach and hear it from fans.

If he comes to KU he stays in conference and lets down his hometown. I'd say that is an equally hard proposition. My guess is he ends up out of conference, UNC or Duke.

#988730 - 10/23/09 09:23 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: rhino]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

We're screwed.

#988731 - 10/23/09 09:34 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: georgiahawk]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
I would think that receiving a reach-around from M. Jordan would close the deal.

HA!

Chamillionaire.

Or something like that.

Kid's gonna play for Tuby.

#988732 - 10/23/09 09:41 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: DCHawk1]
hawks82 Offline
Baby Jay

I love how everyone is forgetting we still have a good shot at landing Brandon Knight...not a single mention of the best college player in the country imho.

In all seriousness it would be legendary to shake jordans hand and sit with him at an alumni game...but I think this kid has more on his mind that playing at the same school that jordan did. I still think its really between us and Duke.

Edited by hawks82 (10/23/09 09:42 AM)

#988733 - 10/23/09 09:54 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: hawks82]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Knight is not in college.

#988734 - 10/23/09 10:55 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: larryb]
faithful1 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Very disappointed in that KU write up. He didn't seem enthusiastic about anything in the basketball program. I can just imagine what kind of quotes sports writers are going to get from him in the future! They have their work cut out for them.

He's not coming here. I find it funny he says Duke gets his last visit because he is going to UCLA next weekend. Did he forget about that or did he cancel it? What about his visit to ISU? It all but spells Duke as his choice.

Good luck to Harrison....we hardly knew you!

#988735 - 10/23/09 10:59 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: faithful1]
rhino Offline

He isn't taking an official to ISU. He is from Ames, his mom works for ISU (and has for years). He knows everything that he'll ever need to know about the university.

Why waste his time or their recruiting fund?

#988736 - 10/23/09 10:59 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: rhino]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

Quote:

If he comes to KU he stays in conference and lets down his hometown. I'd say that is an equally hard proposition. My guess is he ends up out of conference, UNC or Duke.

I don't think that's true. Staying in Big XII land would not be an insult to Ames.

#988737 - 10/23/09 11:05 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Loc: Got a gal in Kalamazoo
I think we can land him if we let him live at Bill Self's house.

#988738 - 10/23/09 11:08 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
rhino Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think that's true. Staying in Big XII land would not be an insult to Ames.

I guess I'd worry more about competing against my hometown team versus disappointing the loser between Duke/UNC...if it were me.

Just my opinion, which as we know is worth absolutely nothing related to the outcome. I hope he comes, he'll be a stud and by all accounts is a pretty level headed dude.

#988739 - 10/23/09 11:44 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: rhino]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

When he says the dean does he mean the new chancellor?

#988740 - 10/23/09 12:14 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: horton_hombre]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Why in the world do you FIRST take the kid to meet the new chancellor who really doesn't know squat about KU tradition?

#988741 - 10/23/09 12:17 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Because she left North Carolina to come to Kansas?

#988742 - 10/23/09 12:21 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: horton_hombre]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Unconvincing.

#988743 - 10/23/09 12:25 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Because she is licensed to practice psychology?

#988744 - 10/23/09 03:04 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: rhino]
PHOGUSHER Online   content
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Quote:

He isn't taking an official to ISU. He is from Ames, his mom works for ISU (and has for years). He knows everything that he'll ever need to know about the university.

Whoa is there any chance he might go to the Sucklones...Damm I just placed a bet with a guy from Iowa for 200 bucks that he goes out of state...Did not know the kids mom works for ISU....I was set up ....double dammmm....

#988745 - 10/23/09 03:07 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I think you're safe.

#988746 - 10/23/09 03:09 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
Original AFH Gangsta

Well I do too...just didnt know his moms worked for ISU....but they arent even on his short list....Probably Puke or UCLA....

#988747 - 10/23/09 03:12 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Well I do too...just didnt know his moms worked for ISU....but they arent even on his short list....Probably Puke or UCLA....

Looks like UNC and Duke are 1a and 1b, and we're after that.

#988748 - 10/23/09 03:31 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
Original AFH Gangsta

Quote:

Quote:

Actually its a safe bet ...I bet him 100 that he would sign with KU and another 100 he would not stay in Iowa...so it will be what they call a wash...or I could make 200....or he could make 200...huh..what..no way ehh...

#988749 - 10/23/09 04:32 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
dodrh Offline
Baby Jay

He really enjoyed hanging out with the team. He mentioned that a lot.

If I was in his shoes the most important thing to me would be my teammates. I would want to feel comfortable. Based on what I read it's looking good.

#988750 - 10/23/09 04:36 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: rhino]
faithful1 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

He's to visit ISU last. I'm only passing on what Harrison himself has said. He can only take 5 OV so he used them all on out of town places but he does plan to take a formalized visit to ISU. He can't, however get wined and dined but he can still visit the business school, the facilites and get the pitch. He sure won't need a hotel room!

I don't know why he would consider ISU. He knows coach McDermott's son and probably the whole team. That might have something to do with it. I heard on the radio that McDermott's son is going to Northern Iowa though and they speculated if McDermott knows that he might not have a job soon.

#988751 - 10/23/09 04:43 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
mjlindsm Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

Quote:

This is based on what?

Barnes has certainly never said to my knowledge anything about North Carolina and Duke leading. This is just a bunch of speculation from recruiting services who aren't getting any real information from the player and obviously nothing from the coaches recruiting them.

#988752 - 10/23/09 05:20 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: mjlindsm]
faithful1 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is based on what?

Barnes has certainly never said to my knowledge anything about North Carolina and Duke leading. This is just a bunch of speculation from recruiting services who aren't getting any real information from the player and obviously nothing from the coaches recruiting them.

If everybody says it enough times it MUST be TRUE. The Duke/UNC posters are arguing over Harrison 24/7 and are not considering anybody else except them. Other reporters repeat what someone else says to lend credence to the original thought. When Harrison says absolutely nothing to nobody, everyone has taken to filling in the vacuum. He says he want to play for the NC. ALL the elite schools are claiming they can deliver. Harrison says he wants a good education. Duke knows no one else can give him that except them. They are interpreting what little Harrison does say, like what he wore (Duke t shirt at the game), the fact that he visited K for his birthday (I think it just happen to coincide with the UNC/DUKE game he went to see), his quotes on his great relationship with K or Roy (even though he said the same about Self but that gets no run) or that his middle name is after MJ and UNC's 100 year celebration blew him away.

They act like they cracked the DaVinci code and now it is written, those two schools are the only ones. Silence is deafening. Many are in fear (mostly Dookies) so they have to keep repeating they are Harrison's choice. UNC doesn't want/need him so much as they want to foil Duke's plan's. Both UNC and Duke cannot conceive that it isn't going to one of them. IT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE. It's like a divorced couple that are divorced but can't quite let the other go. Sick. At least we had a REAL war with Missouri!!!!!

Edited by faithful1 (10/23/09 05:23 PM)

#988753 - 10/23/09 05:38 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: faithful1]
DrPepper Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
My tea leaves say:

Uh oh. He hardly mentioned academics at KU. That is not good.

#988754 - 10/23/09 07:23 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: DrPepper]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

#988755 - 10/23/09 09:14 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
pnasty Offline
Baby Jay

Barnes will likely choose between UNC and Duke. It is almost like he has had too much KU B-ball, so the allure isn't there any more. Coach Kryskusuckzki needs a good recruiting class because Roy has kicked his as$ since he came into the ACC. He will pull out all of the stops.

I don't care at this point. Duke will not win a National C-Ship w/ Barnes. They are too far behind. We have a great chance this year and next, as HCBS will sign Selby, Knight and/or Lamb. We will be fine.

Plus, the one and done talk of X is just that. You never know. Call me crazy, but I'm not convinced that Cole is gone after this year. Way too much fun, and a chance to win 3 NC in 4 years.

#988756 - 10/23/09 10:10 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: pnasty]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Quote:

Call me crazy, but I'm not convinced that Cole is gone after this year. Way too much fun, and a chance to win 3 NC in 4 years.

You're crazy. Cole already threw us a bone. If he doesn't leave after this year, he's [censored] stupid.

#988757 - 10/23/09 11:27 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: georgiahawk]
Hinrichisgod Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: The Phog
I wouldn't be surprised if Cole stayed for his senior year. Would it be in his favor to enter the draft after this season? Absolutely. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. He loves being a Jayhawk.

#988758 - 10/24/09 08:55 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: Hinrichisgod]
HunterThompson Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Woody Creek, CO
"I don't care at this point. Duke will not win a National C-Ship w/ Barnes. They are too far behind. "

uhhhhhh.......You're not that dumb, are ya?

#988759 - 10/24/09 09:25 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
Original AFH Gangsta

Quote:

ISU is now on his Rivals shortlist....triple dammmmm...in reality who da fuk cares where he goes...we will be fine regardless.....

#988760 - 10/24/09 09:31 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
HunterThompson Offline
Baby Jay

I care. Anywhere but douche.

#988761 - 10/24/09 09:59 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: georgiahawk]
TAXMAN Offline
(~_o)

Loc: Mesquite, TX
Quote:

Quote:

Call me crazy, but I'm not convinced that Cole is gone after this year. Way too much fun, and a chance to win 3 NC in 4 years.

You're crazy. Cole already threw us a bone. If he doesn't leave after this year, he's [censored] stupid.

Agreed. No way he's leaving that many millions on the table. Especially when he is GUARANTEED lottery after this year.

#988762 - 10/24/09 10:17 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: TAXMAN]
KEITHMILES05 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

ANY notice Cole is staying another year is one of the most preposterous things I've ever heard. Too damn funny!

#988763 - 10/24/09 10:30 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: KEITHMILES05]
HunterThompson Offline
Baby Jay

But.....if he did.....

*tapping my chin with my forefinger*

He could be considered one of the greatest players in CBB history because he could be....I repeat, could be....part of 3 Final Fours and/or 3 National Championships. Thinking about the greatest college players of all time, I quickly think of bigs like Christian Laettner, Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton and Tim Duncan. Cole could leap Timmay and jump into the top 5 bigs to EVER play CBB because of his teams' success.

#988764 - 10/24/09 11:01 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: HunterThompson]
tylerj Offline
Prairie Warrior

He needs to get to a Final Four this year before he can get to a third next year. There are lots of question marks involved with your logic. If he doesn't get to the Final Four this year and next year do you still think even if he wins poy this year and doesn't next year would he would still be one of the best of all time or would he need to reach the Final Four 3 times to be considered one of the best of all time? How many poys did Hansbrough win and how many Final Fours did he play in? Is he one of the best college bigs of all time? You brought up an interesting debate regarding Cole.

Edited by tylerj (10/24/09 11:03 AM)

#988765 - 10/25/09 10:53 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: HunterThompson]
pnasty Offline
Baby Jay

I may be. I would put money on Duke not winning a National Title just because they add HB. I think our chances are way higher with him than is theirs with him.

#988766 - 10/25/09 12:26 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: DrPepper]
PhogPhanatic Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Practicing "the shot"
Quote:

My tea leaves say:

At this point, I don't think academics matter at all...he's always mentioned he's been looking at business schools, and Duke doesn't even offer an undergraduate business program. Plus, he'll only be in college for 2 yrs. max.

#988767 - 10/25/09 02:34 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PhogPhanatic]
pnasty Offline
Baby Jay

I was waiting for someone to mention that small fact. I wonder if Duke has told HB that little factoid?

#988768 - 10/25/09 04:04 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PhogPhanatic]
DrPepper Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:

Quote:

My tea leaves say:

At this point, I don't think academics matter at all...he's always mentioned he's been looking at business schools, and Duke doesn't even offer an undergraduate business program. Plus, he'll only be in college for 2 yrs. max.

All the more reason to get to know the folks at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. It may be who you know rather than what you know. Speaking of what you know, the Duke philosophy is that the breadth of a liberal arts degree better serves the undergrad than something as narrow as business. Same reason that law is not taught to undergrads. There is an economics undergrad program at Duke. I don't believe for a second that the academics at Duke is going to be a negative in Barnes's book.

#988769 - 10/25/09 05:24 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: DrPepper]
HawkRawker Offline
Eunuch

Loc: Jayhawk Nation
Harrison's recruitment has been kind of a laugher. I mean at first it was pretty obvious we had a slight lead on Duke, but now they've come back strong. I think if you read all his journals and base his choice on what he wrote, hands down he goes to UNC. But the fact is it's just not going to happen. It's Duke, it always has been. Maybe he sees the player and coach relationships here as the reason to come, but I don't think so. Irving just committed and I think Harrison will follow. Amazing that the last couple years everyone has said K has lost his touch. This year looks like he will land two exeptional players. And Austin Rivers could be joining them at Shooting guard in a couple of years. Imagine a Duke team with that backcourt. Then again Harrison could have his career ruined by going to Duke and being forced to play center. If Duke can land a couple quality big men and keep Irving and Barnes around for a couple years they could be great once more. That's alot of ifs, and it's very possible Barnes decides to go elsewhere. But at this point it seems otherwise. It's Duke.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview