Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#988763 - 10/24/09 10:30 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: KEITHMILES05]
HunterThompson Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Woody Creek, CO
But.....if he did.....

*tapping my chin with my forefinger*

He could be considered one of the greatest players in CBB history because he could be....I repeat, could be....part of 3 Final Fours and/or 3 National Championships. Thinking about the greatest college players of all time, I quickly think of bigs like Christian Laettner, Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton and Tim Duncan. Cole could leap Timmay and jump into the top 5 bigs to EVER play CBB because of his teams' success.

#988764 - 10/24/09 11:01 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: HunterThompson]
tylerj Offline
Prairie Warrior

He needs to get to a Final Four this year before he can get to a third next year. There are lots of question marks involved with your logic. If he doesn't get to the Final Four this year and next year do you still think even if he wins poy this year and doesn't next year would he would still be one of the best of all time or would he need to reach the Final Four 3 times to be considered one of the best of all time? How many poys did Hansbrough win and how many Final Fours did he play in? Is he one of the best college bigs of all time? You brought up an interesting debate regarding Cole.

Edited by tylerj (10/24/09 11:03 AM)

#988765 - 10/25/09 10:53 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: HunterThompson]
pnasty Offline
Baby Jay

I may be. I would put money on Duke not winning a National Title just because they add HB. I think our chances are way higher with him than is theirs with him.

#988766 - 10/25/09 12:26 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: DrPepper]
PhogPhanatic Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Practicing "the shot"
Quote:

My tea leaves say:

Uh oh. He hardly mentioned academics at KU. That is not good.

At this point, I don't think academics matter at all...he's always mentioned he's been looking at business schools, and Duke doesn't even offer an undergraduate business program. Plus, he'll only be in college for 2 yrs. max.

#988767 - 10/25/09 02:34 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PhogPhanatic]
pnasty Offline
Baby Jay

I was waiting for someone to mention that small fact. I wonder if Duke has told HB that little factoid?

#988768 - 10/25/09 04:04 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PhogPhanatic]
DrPepper Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:

Quote:

My tea leaves say:

Uh oh. He hardly mentioned academics at KU. That is not good.

At this point, I don't think academics matter at all...he's always mentioned he's been looking at business schools, and Duke doesn't even offer an undergraduate business program. Plus, he'll only be in college for 2 yrs. max.

All the more reason to get to know the folks at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. It may be who you know rather than what you know. Speaking of what you know, the Duke philosophy is that the breadth of a liberal arts degree better serves the undergrad than something as narrow as business. Same reason that law is not taught to undergrads. There is an economics undergrad program at Duke. I don't believe for a second that the academics at Duke is going to be a negative in Barnes's book.

#988769 - 10/25/09 05:24 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: DrPepper]
HawkRawker Offline
Eunuch

Loc: Jayhawk Nation
Harrison's recruitment has been kind of a laugher. I mean at first it was pretty obvious we had a slight lead on Duke, but now they've come back strong. I think if you read all his journals and base his choice on what he wrote, hands down he goes to UNC. But the fact is it's just not going to happen. It's Duke, it always has been. Maybe he sees the player and coach relationships here as the reason to come, but I don't think so. Irving just committed and I think Harrison will follow. Amazing that the last couple years everyone has said K has lost his touch. This year looks like he will land two exeptional players. And Austin Rivers could be joining them at Shooting guard in a couple of years. Imagine a Duke team with that backcourt. Then again Harrison could have his career ruined by going to Duke and being forced to play center. If Duke can land a couple quality big men and keep Irving and Barnes around for a couple years they could be great once more. That's alot of ifs, and it's very possible Barnes decides to go elsewhere. But at this point it seems otherwise. It's Duke.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Preview