Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#988748 - 10/23/09 03:31 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Quote:

Quote:

Well I do too...just didnt know his moms worked for ISU....but they arent even on his short list....Probably Puke or UCLA....

Looks like UNC and Duke are 1a and 1b, and we're after that.

Actually its a safe bet ...I bet him 100 that he would sign with KU and another 100 he would not stay in Iowa...so it will be what they call a wash...or I could make 200....or he could make 200...huh..what..no way ehh...

#988749 - 10/23/09 04:32 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
dodrh Offline
Baby Jay

He really enjoyed hanging out with the team. He mentioned that a lot.

If I was in his shoes the most important thing to me would be my teammates. I would want to feel comfortable. Based on what I read it's looking good.

#988750 - 10/23/09 04:36 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: rhino]
faithful1 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

He isn't taking an official to ISU. He is from Ames, his mom works for ISU (and has for years). He knows everything that he'll ever need to know about the university.

Why waste his time or their recruiting fund?

He's to visit ISU last. I'm only passing on what Harrison himself has said. He can only take 5 OV so he used them all on out of town places but he does plan to take a formalized visit to ISU. He can't, however get wined and dined but he can still visit the business school, the facilites and get the pitch. He sure won't need a hotel room!

I don't know why he would consider ISU. He knows coach McDermott's son and probably the whole team. That might have something to do with it. I heard on the radio that McDermott's son is going to Northern Iowa though and they speculated if McDermott knows that he might not have a job soon.

#988751 - 10/23/09 04:43 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: JFish26]
mjlindsm Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

Quote:

Well I do too...just didnt know his moms worked for ISU....but they arent even on his short list....Probably Puke or UCLA....

This is based on what?

Barnes has certainly never said to my knowledge anything about North Carolina and Duke leading. This is just a bunch of speculation from recruiting services who aren't getting any real information from the player and obviously nothing from the coaches recruiting them.

#988752 - 10/23/09 05:20 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: mjlindsm]
faithful1 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

This is based on what?

Barnes has certainly never said to my knowledge anything about North Carolina and Duke leading. This is just a bunch of speculation from recruiting services who aren't getting any real information from the player and obviously nothing from the coaches recruiting them.

If everybody says it enough times it MUST be TRUE. The Duke/UNC posters are arguing over Harrison 24/7 and are not considering anybody else except them. Other reporters repeat what someone else says to lend credence to the original thought. When Harrison says absolutely nothing to nobody, everyone has taken to filling in the vacuum. He says he want to play for the NC. ALL the elite schools are claiming they can deliver. Harrison says he wants a good education. Duke knows no one else can give him that except them. They are interpreting what little Harrison does say, like what he wore (Duke t shirt at the game), the fact that he visited K for his birthday (I think it just happen to coincide with the UNC/DUKE game he went to see), his quotes on his great relationship with K or Roy (even though he said the same about Self but that gets no run) or that his middle name is after MJ and UNC's 100 year celebration blew him away.

They act like they cracked the DaVinci code and now it is written, those two schools are the only ones. Silence is deafening. Many are in fear (mostly Dookies) so they have to keep repeating they are Harrison's choice. UNC doesn't want/need him so much as they want to foil Duke's plan's. Both UNC and Duke cannot conceive that it isn't going to one of them. IT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE. It's like a divorced couple that are divorced but can't quite let the other go. Sick. At least we had a REAL war with Missouri!!!!!

Edited by faithful1 (10/23/09 05:23 PM)

#988753 - 10/23/09 05:38 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: faithful1]
DrPepper Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Buffalo, NY
My tea leaves say:

Uh oh. He hardly mentioned academics at KU. That is not good.

#988754 - 10/23/09 07:23 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: DrPepper]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
#988755 - 10/23/09 09:14 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
pnasty Offline
Baby Jay

Barnes will likely choose between UNC and Duke. It is almost like he has had too much KU B-ball, so the allure isn't there any more. Coach Kryskusuckzki needs a good recruiting class because Roy has kicked his as$ since he came into the ACC. He will pull out all of the stops.

I don't care at this point. Duke will not win a National C-Ship w/ Barnes. They are too far behind. We have a great chance this year and next, as HCBS will sign Selby, Knight and/or Lamb. We will be fine.

Plus, the one and done talk of X is just that. You never know. Call me crazy, but I'm not convinced that Cole is gone after this year. Way too much fun, and a chance to win 3 NC in 4 years.

#988756 - 10/23/09 10:10 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: pnasty]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Quote:

Call me crazy, but I'm not convinced that Cole is gone after this year. Way too much fun, and a chance to win 3 NC in 4 years.

You're crazy. Cole already threw us a bone. If he doesn't leave after this year, he's [censored] stupid.

#988757 - 10/23/09 11:27 PM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: georgiahawk]
Hinrichisgod Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: The Phog
I wouldn't be surprised if Cole stayed for his senior year. Would it be in his favor to enter the draft after this season? Absolutely. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. He loves being a Jayhawk.

#988758 - 10/24/09 08:55 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: Hinrichisgod]
HunterThompson Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Woody Creek, CO
"I don't care at this point. Duke will not win a National C-Ship w/ Barnes. They are too far behind. "

uhhhhhh.......You're not that dumb, are ya?

#988759 - 10/24/09 09:25 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
PHOGUSHER Offline
Original AFH Gangsta

Loc: Western Kansas Hinderlands
Quote:

ISU is now on his Rivals shortlist....triple dammmmm...in reality who da fuk cares where he goes...we will be fine regardless.....

#988760 - 10/24/09 09:31 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: PHOGUSHER]
HunterThompson Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Woody Creek, CO
I care. Anywhere but douche.

#988761 - 10/24/09 09:59 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: georgiahawk]
TAXMAN Offline
(~_o)

Loc: Mesquite, TX
Quote:

Quote:

Call me crazy, but I'm not convinced that Cole is gone after this year. Way too much fun, and a chance to win 3 NC in 4 years.

You're crazy. Cole already threw us a bone. If he doesn't leave after this year, he's [censored] stupid.

Agreed. No way he's leaving that many millions on the table. Especially when he is GUARANTEED lottery after this year.

#988762 - 10/24/09 10:17 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: TAXMAN]
KEITHMILES05 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

ANY notice Cole is staying another year is one of the most preposterous things I've ever heard. Too damn funny!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview