#988704 - 10/23/09 12:02 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: kufan80]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
let the tea-leaf reading begin

#988705 - 10/23/09 12:05 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: kufan80]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Thanks for locating this. We've all been anxiously awaiting his impressions.

Barnes LOVED Bill Self's house. If he could move in with Bill, I think he'd be ours.

But this was the bottom line:

After three visits its still difficult to compare them. At North Carolina I had only been down there once briefly. Then I went back and I got to see them in action. I saw the alumni, the history and the players and that was a great time. Then I went to OU, who Id never seen before, and everything there was just brand new. I got to hangout with Coach (Jeff) Capel and all the players and that was great. So then I go to Late Night at KU and, even though I had been to it before, it was just great to go back and hang out with the guys. Im getting a lot of different feels about the colleges.

I think this weekend when I go back to Duke its gonna be good for me to hear their last pitch. Its kind of a big deal because Ive been down there so many times and now that Im on an official Im curious to see how it goes. Official visits are gonna be the last thing I remember about the universities since Im signing in November. Im sure that Duke will show me a good time.

I am encouraged that he was glad to come back to KU and "hang out with the guys". He must feel as comfortable at KU as anywhere. I was less comforted by him saying how many times he's been to Duke unofficially, and now they get the last pitch.

Fingers crossed.

#988706 - 10/23/09 12:06 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Yeah, I didn't realize he went to Duke that many times, I had just heard about the infamous one during the Dook/UNC game.

#988707 - 10/23/09 12:08 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
My interest is he talks about Lamb a lot in his OU and KU . I wonder if those two are building a rapport. Just throwing that out there, but I got good vibes from his writings. It's defiantly KU and Duke IMO, and I think it's a good sign he's been to the last two Late Nights.

#988708 - 10/23/09 12:09 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
SashasVodka Offline
JohnBrownWithARifle

Loc: KC
I got to say that I enjoy reading that, all personal bias aside. This smacks of thorough thinking and deliberation, which is hard to find ANYWHERE these days, let alone from a high school senior.

He'll make the right decision for himself, whatever it is.

#988709 - 10/23/09 12:09 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Too bad late night sucked.

Something about women and no school being a real pisser.

Or something.

#988710 - 10/23/09 12:09 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Is Lamb a Duke recruit also?

#988711 - 10/23/09 12:10 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Don't think so.

#988712 - 10/23/09 12:14 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Lamb isn't, but he is an OU recruit. I think Lamb is down to OU, UK, KU. I can't see Barnes going to OU, but I could Lamb at KU easily. But I could see Selby here too, and I don't know of there would be room for both Selby and Lamb.

#988713 - 10/23/09 12:15 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
kufan80 Offline
Big Dipper

I hope the Jayhawks in the NBA video resonated with him at Late Night!

#988714 - 10/23/09 12:15 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Rivals and scout list Lamb for Zona too, but I haven't heard much of that, and may have read that Zona stopped recruiting him.

#988715 - 10/23/09 12:17 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: ZgetZ]
jermio Offline
Big Dipper

Quote:

Quote:

Lamb isn't, but he is an OU recruit. I think Lamb is down to OU, UK, KU. I can't see Barnes going to OU, but I could Lamb at KU easily. But I could see Selby here too, and I don't know of there would be room for both Selby and Lamb.

Being too lazy to look it up, don't Lamb and Selby play different positions? I thought Lamb was more of a 2 and Selby played the 1. I could be EXTREMELY off on this one, but thought I would get clarification. Having said that, if Taylor comes back, I definitely don't see us getting both.

#988716 - 10/23/09 12:24 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: jermio]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

I was thinking more if Lamb and Barnes are a package deal. I was thinking more that we don't lose anything other than Xavier, Cole, Collins, I see Tyshawn or EJ moving to the 1, i.e. the Way Collins took over, thus not being enough room for Selby on the team if Lamb is the first to commit. Selby and Lamb are too high of a recruit IMO to sit behind a few people. I could be totally wrong of course, but just the way I've see it now after seeing Self work a few year.

#988717 - 10/23/09 12:29 AM Re: Harrison Barnes Diary on Kansas [Re: jermio]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

More words about Bills house than late night lol. Easy to see which of the two made a bigger impression lol

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview