Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#974119 - 10/20/09 08:19 PM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: sensei]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Quote:

Quote:

Along what LVC said.

Kid has speed, and can get up to finish. I think hes great. I think hes going to be great. You know I was guaranteed to be one of his first supporters. I do not see him as a first round pick. I think he was out of control a lot of the time. I thought he was the most selfish player weve had on the floor in a while. I cant remember his shooting last season at all.

All the flaws in his game can be changed. I just havent thought of him and 1st round pick ever. Shooting and passing are usually important for that in the NBA. Hes certainly not finishing at the rim in the land of giants.

shut your [censored] mouth!

Technically my mouth was shut. I was typing with a keyboard on the information superhighway. Unless you are calling me a mouth breather. And thats total BS.

I take everything back about TT, if you take back calling me a mouth breather. Hes the f*ucking man. That block he had against Washington was boner city.

All Im saying is I didnt see it coming. Not that I dont buy it. Admitting that this is one that got past me.

#974120 - 10/20/09 10:03 PM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Hawklin]
Sparko Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: NJ
I predicted that TT would be a star until I read a disturbing article by the Journal World. It involved social networking, roguishness, and cultural tensions. Then I realized that he couldn't be as a good as I thought.

And the weird thing? I knew Tyler Hansbrough would find that damned puppy. He had to. It was his destiny.

#974121 - 10/21/09 12:34 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Sparko]
Hinrichisgod Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: The Phog
I have a problem with uk's backcourt being ranked #4. Someone tell me exactly what patrick patterson has done during his uk tenure.

#974122 - 10/21/09 12:37 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Hinrichisgod]
Hinrichisgod Offline
Baby Jay

Oh that's right. I guess he, cousins, and orton have the POTENTIAL and POSSIBILITY of doing something.. ok I got ya, Winn...

#974123 - 10/21/09 12:39 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Hinrichisgod]
Hinrichisgod Offline
Baby Jay

Patterson really played awesome last season. He really made a run for the gold taking his team straight to the NIT last season.

#974124 - 10/21/09 07:15 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: killabees]
MarineHawk Offline

Loc: Washington, D.C.
Quote:

For the record I think of them as part of the back court.

Me too.

Marcus is a 3/4 = front court.

Xabier is a 2/3 = back court.

#974125 - 10/21/09 07:38 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Hinrichisgod]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Back Where I Belong
Quote:

I have a problem with uk's backcourt being ranked #4. Someone tell me exactly what patrick patterson has done during his uk tenure.

I know, being in KY makes it hard to like any of these guys. However, PP is a stud. I agree with later comments about Cousins and Orton, but this guy is a proven talent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36191

#974126 - 10/21/09 07:47 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Hinrichisgod]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Quote:

Their BACKcourt isn't ranked #4 and Patterson is a forward. As far as what has he done - look at the stats KY provided the link for and you tell me who on KU put up those kind of stats.

#974127 - 10/21/09 08:29 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: larryb]
Hinrichisgod Offline
Baby Jay

1000 apologies, Larryb, I meant frontcourt. Stats are misleading. His team went to the NIT. And lost. My point is this - I have a hard time with patterson, who led his team to an NIT loss, and cousins, who has yet to play a second of college basketball, being ranked at #4.

#974128 - 10/21/09 09:17 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Hinrichisgod]
HunterThompson Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Woody Creek, CO
Quote:

Patterson really played awesome last season. He really made a run for the gold taking his team straight to the NIT last season.

I like that t-shirt that says, "The Department of Redundancy Department".

#974129 - 10/21/09 09:32 AM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Hinrichisgod]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Quote:

1000 apologies, Larryb, I meant frontcourt. Stats are misleading. His team went to the NIT. And lost. My point is this - I have a hard time with patterson, who led his team to an NIT loss, and cousins, who has yet to play a second of college basketball, being ranked at #4.

I know what you meant. Stats can indeed be misleading but the "experts" (we all know what that means) are all over his jock. The Patterson thing and leading the Cats to the NIT is similar to the Wall thing that was discussed yesterday. It's hard to fault a guy for what his team does or does not do. Believe me, I hear what you are saying. I think these rankings are based on projections and assumptions more than they are based on the past. Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I hope there Frontcourt plays like the 104th Frontcourt in the country. My guess is by the end of the season they will be playing like a top 10 if not top 4 Frontcourt. Let's hope I am wrong.

#974130 - 10/21/09 04:27 PM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: larryb]
Tuskin Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Alaska
Withey's not in SI's frontcourt list. Does that mean we'll be moving up from #5?

#974131 - 10/21/09 08:06 PM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Tuskin]
HawkRawker Offline
Eunuch

Loc: Jayhawk Nation
I'm sure Wall and Patterson will have great stats next year. Both Wall and Patterson had great stats last year and both led their team to dismal records.

#974132 - 10/21/09 08:59 PM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: HawkRawker]
Hinrichisgod Offline
Baby Jay

Case and point.

#974133 - 10/21/09 09:14 PM Re: SI: #5 frontcourt, #1 backcourt [Re: Hinrichisgod]
TAXMAN Offline
(~_o)

Loc: Mesquite, TX
Lets all hope they just dogpile the basketball for individual credibility. God, I want this UK house of cards to come tumbling down.

UK fans are the most arrogant besides Duke's.

Watching an arrogant powerhouse fall is great. Although Sampson's re-dismantling of Indiana wasn't that great for me. I like Bobby Knight too much. Also, we haven't played Indiana for anything recently besides the 1991 Sweet 16.

Which led to this game: www.ncaaondemand.com/clips/30699006_0229

The game after that sucked.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview