Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#973439 - 10/19/09 03:52 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: larryb]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
The ill advised break with 20 seconds left in regulation is what is refered to as nearly losing the game, which is correct.

#973440 - 10/19/09 03:54 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: Geezer]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
Context.

#973441 - 10/19/09 03:54 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: Geezer]
IdiotWind Offline
IdiotWhine

Quote:

The ill advised break with 20 seconds left in regulation is what is refered to as nearly losing the game, which is correct.

Thanks! Many have long forgotten that. 2ND POST!!!!

#973442 - 10/19/09 03:58 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: IdiotWind]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

Quote:

We knew how our season would end last year, and it happened just as we expected.

Who is "we" and how did "we" know how our season would end last year? Are you insinuating Collins lost the game for us with "ill-advised shots" and "bullrush drives". I agree with most of your post - Collins is a loose cannon and nearly cost us the '08 NC, but "we" doesn't know anything the rest of us don't..

I think that most people who followed Kansas basketball very, very closely last season saw the handwriting on the wall about how the season would end. There just wasn't enough around Sherron and Cole for them to keep it going forever. Given Sherron's propensity for forcing the action--especially late, and especially when challenged by another elite guard--it was obvious all year long that Sherron getting wild was going to be a little problematic.

#973443 - 10/19/09 03:59 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: Geezer]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Danny Manning missed 11 shots in the 1988 Championship game. The bum almost cost us the game.

#973444 - 10/19/09 04:01 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: IdiotWind]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

The reason Sherron had so many poor games is very simple. He was the only option for generating offense during the first half of the season and even great players have off nights let alone college juniors asked to carry that big an offensive burdon.
This year we should have many more scoring options and on those nights when sharron can't throw it in the ocean he won't have to shoot as much.

#973445 - 10/19/09 04:20 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: Geezer]
IdiotWind Offline
IdiotWhine

Quote:

The reason Sherron had so many poor games is very simple. He was the only option for generating offense during the first half of the season and even great players have off nights let alone college juniors asked to carry that big an offensive burdon.
This year we should have many more scoring options and on those nights when sharron can't throw it in the ocean he won't have to shoot as much.

I didn't say Sherron had a lot of poor games. I was simply agreeing with most of what JFISH was saying - Sherron is a loose cannon. A loose cannon who is very capable of taking over a game, for better or worse.

5decade -- You're bat-[censored] crazy if you weren't cussing Sherron when he tried to drive through several defenders with 20 seconds left only to be rejected. The stars were aligned that night and luckily we came out on top - only a complete homer forgets stupid mistakes like that.

#973446 - 10/19/09 04:31 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: IdiotWind]
SashasVodka Offline
JohnBrownWithARifle

Loc: KC
I cussed sherron one way or another about 25 times in the last 7 minutes of the NC game.

Without him we wouldn't have won it.

And while he is a better player today, he is not a different player.

#973447 - 10/19/09 04:34 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: SashasVodka]
HawkRawker Offline
Eunuch

Loc: Jayhawk Nation
This team will play it's best when it's smashing opponents by 10-20 points. I agree Sherron came up short in key situations last year, then again he was 1/2 the reason we won the National Championship game.

#973448 - 10/19/09 04:44 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: HawkRawker]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Sherron won way more games than he lost last year. If he hadn't returned for one reason or another, what would our record have been?
He's a great college player and I'm damned glad he's ours.
I hope he has a great year this year and ends up in the conversation of the best guards in KU history.

#973449 - 10/19/09 04:58 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: Geezer]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Sherron is not perfect and never will be. We are still damn fortunate to have him.
His mama is in town - it's all good in the hood in terms of 'ron.
Should be a great year for not just him but all of his teammates and the KU family.

#973450 - 10/19/09 05:06 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: IdiotWind]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Quote:

5decade -- You're bat-[censored] crazy if you weren't cussing Sherron when he tried to drive through several defenders with 20 seconds left only to be rejected. The stars were aligned that night and luckily we came out on top - only a complete homer forgets stupid mistakes like that.

I remember the play. I simply do not over-react to a single mistake and act like the player has never done anything to make up for their mistakes.

EVERY PLAYER makes mistakes.

As I previously posted, Danny Manning missed 11 shots in the 1988 championship game.

Keith Smart missed 6 shots in the 1987 championship game.

Nobody plays perfect. The measure of a great player is their ability to OVERCOME MISTAKES AND WIN ANYWAY.

#973451 - 10/19/09 05:14 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: RussianHawk]
TAXMAN Offline
(~_o)

Loc: Mesquite, TX
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wall might possibly put up better numbers, but I'm sure Sherron doesn't care who is scoring when April rolls around.

Maybe this is true. I believe that Sherron doesn't care who's scoring if we're up ten. But I get a feeling that in close-and-late situations, he might think our only play is to clear out with 12 seconds on the clock and let him go to work.

This is exactly the play you want with 12 seconds left.. Sherron was nothing, but amazing last season driving at the end of the half and either laying it in, or kicking out for a three.

+1 We did score almost EVERYTIME before intermission last year. Did the media ever pick up on it? I think it might have made a neat little story.

And i'm with you, I want the ball in his hands with 12 seconds to go. He's our man, he really is the true key.

Fish made a good point also: If he's improved even a little (esp. turnovers,) then we're better than 07-08.

#973452 - 10/19/09 05:23 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: IdiotWind]
TAXMAN Offline
(~_o)

Loc: Mesquite, TX
Quote:

Quote:

We knew how our season would end last year, and it happened just as we expected.

Who is "we" and how did "we" know how our season would end last year? Are you insinuating Collins lost the game for us with "ill-advised shots" and "bullrush drives". I agree with most of your post - Collins is a loose cannon and nearly cost us the '08 NC, but "we" doesn't know anything the rest of us don't..

I don't think JFish is bagging on Collins, or blaming Collins for anything. To summarize: I think Sherron makes him a little nervous when he takes the "ill-advised shots" and "bullrush drives." I think we all get a little nervous when he is barreling in the lane at 20mph!

#973453 - 10/19/09 05:24 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: TAXMAN]
hawks82 Offline
Baby Jay

I honestly think John Wall is a scary good slasher, and a great passer to boot. But what happens if he cant drive? Thats what I wanna know, I just dont see how you can pick a kid with HYPE and no proven college experience if you watched the OU game last year and keep a straight face....

You wanna see how retardly biased this report is, the number 1 overall guard in 2009 isnt even on the list, and neither is willie warren....both arent even in the top 25.

Edited by hawks82 (10/19/09 05:26 PM)

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview