Gutter

Loc: Work
"and I ain't gonna let no young boy get the best of me."

I like the quote.

#973411 - 10/19/09 01:29 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: JHAWKinKY]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
We'll see. It's entirely possible Wall is better. I don't know if he can shoot.

#973412 - 10/19/09 01:33 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: JFish26]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
What we know about Wall's ability in the college game is zip, zero, nada, zilch. Until proven otherwise give me the experienced senior with the ring.

#973413 - 10/19/09 01:34 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: JFish26]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Loc: Got a gal in Kalamazoo
I just hope Sherron doesn't turn it into another ego thing if we meet Wall & UK, as happened w/ Syracuse & Johnny Flynn.

#973414 - 10/19/09 01:35 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: jayhwk01]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Sherron's got his warts, too. Whether he's just a great guard or an All-American, POY-type guard will depend on how much he has matured since last season.

#973415 - 10/19/09 01:36 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: horton_hombre]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

My guess is SC might have learned something from the Flynn experience. I would rather have a PG with a bit of an ego than one who thinks he is second best.

#973416 - 10/19/09 01:37 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: horton_hombre]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

I just hope Sherron doesn't turn it into another ego thing if we meet Wall & UK, as happened w/ Syracuse & Johnny Flynn.

Happened with Oklahoma and Willie Warren, too.

It's the Sherron Collins Experience.

#973417 - 10/19/09 01:37 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: JFish26]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

Sherron's got his warts, too. Whether he's just a great guard or an All-American, POY-type guard will depend on how much he has matured since last season.

Warts and all I will still take a senior "ranked" as number two and a lot of big game experience over a guy ranked #1 that has not seen the court yet.

#973418 - 10/19/09 01:39 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: jayhwk01]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Back Where I Belong
I'll take the guy that scored 32 in an NCAA tournament game vs. a guy who led his team to a 17-11 record.....in high school.

#973419 - 10/19/09 01:43 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: JHAWKinKY]
ross52066 Offline
Phog Fanatic

It's hard to compare them right now, but I'm guessing that Parrish is making this call based on the coaches. Self will change his coaching style around his team. Self has already stated that Collins will not shoot as much this year as he did last year. On the other hand, Calipari will just give the keys to the bus to Wall and let him play like he did Tyreke Evans last year and Rose the year before that.

Wall might possibly put up better numbers, but I'm sure Sherron doesn't care who is scoring when April rolls around.

#973420 - 10/19/09 01:43 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: JHAWKinKY]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

I'll take the guy that scored 32 in an NCAA tournament game vs. a guy who led his team to a 17-11 record.....in high school.

Taking things out of context is fun, isn't it?

Look...I know I'm coming off as awfully anti-Sherron. I think he's the better college basketball player this season. But I don't think it's patently unreasonable to go the other way. And last year, Sherron scared me as much as he thrilled me. There's still a part of me that can see our season end on a wild shot or ill-advised bullrush drive. We knew how our season would end last year, and it happened just as we expected.

If Sherron learned what he needed to learn from that, he might be the best player in college basketball. I certainly hope this is the case. I am eager to see our performances against Memphis, UCLA, Michigan, Cal, Temple, and Tennessee.

#973421 - 10/19/09 01:45 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: ross52066]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Wall might possibly put up better numbers, but I'm sure Sherron doesn't care who is scoring when April rolls around.

Maybe this is true. I believe that Sherron doesn't care who's scoring if we're up ten. But I get a feeling that in close-and-late situations, he might think our only play is to clear out with 12 seconds on the clock and let him go to work.

#973422 - 10/19/09 01:49 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: JFish26]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Back Where I Belong
Quote:

Quote:

Look...I know I'm coming off as awfully anti-Sherron. I think he's the better college basketball player this season. But I don't think it's patently unreasonable to go the other way. And last year, Sherron scared me as much as he thrilled me. There's still a part of me that can see our season end on a wild shot or ill-advised bullrush drive. We knew how our season would end last year, and it happened just as we expected.

If Sherron learned what he needed to learn from that, he might be the best player in college basketball. I certainly hope this is the case. I am eager to see our performances against Memphis, UCLA, Michigan, Cal, Temple, and Tennessee.

What am I taking out of context?
P.S. You're more Gutter than Gutter on this thread. What gives?

#973423 - 10/19/09 01:50 PM Re: Bring em on says Sherron [Re: JFish26]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Quote:

Quote:

You've long been a Sherron hater. Your posts today have nothing to do with it.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview