Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#953070 - 09/25/09 04:49 PM A Friendly Foreword
usmeagle Offline
Baby Jay

Ill start off by saying that I really enjoy watching yall's program play ball when I get the chance. I have been paying attention to it since Mangino arrived; its exciting quality football. Glad to see someone other than the "fan fav's" getting some recognition.

Here are the statics of the match-up this weekend for what its worth in early season ball.

Rock Chalk Talk

We probably have the fastest defense you guys have seen this season and will probably be the fastest until you get into your upper conference play. We are weak against a mobile QB because that tends to open up plays, but we havent allowed more than 100 yards rushing in 8 games and thanks to choke miss we now have the second longest win streak.

The reason for bringing that up we have something to fight for besides "another win." I think its going to be a really good/exciting game where the run game is going to make the difference (ie. TRY to keep that beast of a QB you guys have off the field.) As a side note, if Fletcher (or stud RB) gets 1000 yards this season he will be one of 9 players in NCAA history to get over 1000 yards in 4 straight seasons.

Reesing reminds me of a young Drew Brees. You guys are going to kill us with 7-14 yard slant and in routes over the middle which will also open up the deep ball. In our eyes this game is very winable and in your eyes its probably one that you should never loose given the Qb to seconday matchup.

As i said eariler this should be a great game to watch, exciting for both sides. Good luck to you guys with the rest of your season. Whether we win or loose i hope the best for you.

Edited by usmeagle (09/25/09 04:51 PM)

#953071 - 09/25/09 04:53 PM Re: A Friendly Foreword [Re: usmeagle]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Thanks usmeagle. You are a credit to your fan base.
This is the one and only game I hope your team loses this season. Best of luck to you the rest of the way.

#953072 - 09/25/09 04:56 PM Re: A Friendly Foreword [Re: usmeagle]
phoggystyle Offline
Baby Jay

Welcome. It should be fun. I think "knowing" how to win is very important. Stats, at this point in the year, not so much. I expect to win, being at home and all. I'm sure you've heard how we Hawks are a bit defensive about our "turf".

That being said, good luck and may the better team kick butt.

Preview