Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#952278 - 09/25/09 12:06 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: max4]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

USM fans you gave up 34 points to a Virginia team that scored 14 vs William and Mary. KU is going to put up some serious points on that defense. USM will score too, but it will not be nearly enough. 45-24 sounds about right

Agreed.

#952279 - 09/25/09 12:50 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: JFish26]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Take a look at the CMU qb's stats againt KU. He was highly touted and didn't do much. No offense, but this isn't CUSA and the game isn't in Hattiesburg.

#952280 - 09/25/09 02:45 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: JFish26]
tsveach Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

Todd Reesing wouldn't go 19-37 with one TD against Kansas.

He might if he had Central Michigan's line blocking for him...of course Rhett Bomar did a number on us last year.

#952281 - 09/25/09 04:14 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: kswanzy]
jhawk0097 Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Reesing is very good....no doubt. I just wonder what you guys are gong to do next year when hes not there. We will lose our best player in Damion Fletcher but everyone knows within the program that we will be even better. You know why? Becuase we have a program(15 consecuitve winning seasons behind Fla, V. Tech and Flas St), not a 4year wonder under Reesing.

Just be careful what you wish for as your much weaker team and our much better team will be playing in Hattiesburg next year! The statement will be made 38 hours!

This isn't year 2 under the Buddha where we're still recovering from Gameball. The cupboard is full. Ask the mildcats what their record 10 years ago means for their current football program.

#952282 - 09/25/09 08:40 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: JLGoldenEagle]
feedback71 Offline
Baby Jay

Guys, I think some of you are being a little dismissive of the USM fans. Most are just excited about their QB and their team. They aren't being disrespectful or anything.

Well, other than that dipshit, kswanzy. Now he's a different story. He's ignorant if he thinks KU is just gonna fall off the map next year after Reesing graduates. Mangino and staff have been doing a marvelous job building up this program from the rubble and ashes it was in when Terry Allen was fired. That idiotic argument sounds like what the Huskers try to throw at us.

#952283 - 09/25/09 08:45 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: feedback71]
Rivethead Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin, TX USA
I think the USM fans here (and even some of our own fans) are completely overlooking what is really going to win the game for us: our D.

This feels exactly like the Orange Bowl to me: everyone talking about KU's offense and how to stop them.

But I tell ya what - we have players on the D too. USM people: we have this kid named Stuckey who's a safety. That kid almost single-handedly shut down MU last season.

I've watched a bit of some USM games this season. You have no one, and I mean no one, who can be that type of impact player on your D.

#952284 - 09/25/09 09:11 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: Rivethead]
jhawked Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: where the buffalo roam
Quote:

I think the USM fans here are completely overlooking what is really going to win the game for us: our D.

BINGO. All season long...

#952285 - 09/25/09 09:13 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: jhawked]
feedback71 Offline
Baby Jay

Good post about the D, Rivethead.

#952286 - 09/25/09 09:16 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: feedback71]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Keep sawin wood - this season looks, sounds and feels a lot like 2007. All the Hawks need to do is stay focused on winning the north.

#952287 - 09/25/09 10:51 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: jayhawk1996]
max4 Offline
spacey

Loc: North Mexico
The bad thing Rivet is that Stuckey has not been near 100% and has not been a factor in either game. I hoping he's feeling better we need him to dominate

#952288 - 09/25/09 10:54 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: JFish26]
xjhawks Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Allen, tx
Reel him in JFish.....he's gettin tired!

#952289 - 09/25/09 11:07 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: max4]
Rivethead Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Quote:

The bad thing Rivet is that Stuckey has not been near 100% and has not been a factor in either game. I hoping he's feeling better we need him to dominate

True, but he started to look like his old self against Duke. 10 tackles I believe.

#952290 - 09/25/09 11:33 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: Rivethead]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Stucky's role has changed significantly this year with the 4/2/5

He now has a lot more run stopping responsibilities. This will result in Stucky getting a lot more tackles this year, but may not get as many opportunities to make the spectacular big plays where he knocks a receiver so hard that he's afraid to come out of the huddle for the next play.

We'll still see plenty of this though.

#952291 - 09/25/09 11:50 AM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: JFish26]
OMGJayhawks Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Texas
ummm, sorry to burst your bubble but I actually think it wiil come down to defense. Which ever defense makes adjustments quicker that team will win. Personally I think KU has the better defense THIS YEAR.

We will see. Who ever gets a 10 pt lead will win. Then again KU has come from behind down by 14 to win.

Any thing is possible. Pretty much both teams mirror each other

#952292 - 09/25/09 06:04 PM Re: Davis Vs Reesing [Re: kswanzy]
mizzouisbad Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

Reesing is very good....no doubt. I just wonder what you guys are gong to do next year when hes not there. We will lose our best player in Damion Fletcher but everyone knows within the program that we will be even better. You know why? Becuase we have a program(15 consecuitve winning seasons behind Fla, V. Tech and Flas St), not a 4year wonder under Reesing.

Just be careful what you wish for as your much weaker team and our much better team will be playing in Hattiesburg next year! The statement will be made 38 hours!

Our program was improving before Reesing. We were 7-5 in 2005 and we lost a few close ones to good team. Reesing definitely helps us out, but he isn't the entire team.

And next year we have this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osjTBWQ9VlQ&feature=related

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview