Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#951826 - 09/24/09 09:38 PM Re: If you blitz early and often.... [Re: Jphog]
hawkinTexas Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Houston, TX
He sure got some good tackles against missou last year.

#951827 - 09/25/09 02:13 AM Re: If you blitz early and often.... [Re: kswanzy]
trojanhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: LA, CA
Quote:

"I agree with the sentiment that Southern Miss will hang around for a half, but in the end, they will not be able to keep up. "

Tell me whats your reasoning for this. I am curious to know. Please dont say depth! If you say that, then you havent done your homework.

Why do you need him to explain? You already said KU has the edge everywhere except for RB and LB.

#951828 - 09/25/09 10:56 AM Re: If you blitz early and often.... [Re: trojanhawk]
max4 Offline
spacey

Loc: North Mexico
I think KU will get a few stops on defense and I don't think USM will get many, it's that simple. It will be high scoring but KU will get more stops on defense.
KU 45 USM 24

#951829 - 09/25/09 12:40 PM On the offensive line. [Re: kswanzy]
John_Brown Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Newton Kansas
Depending on how you score Missoura/Okie State, KU probably has the 3rd or 4th best O line in the Big 12 (OU/Tejas are lights out in this area). They are young but they are in rock solid shape and have all been in the program 3 to 5 years. Outside of some bad snaps w/ the #2 center in the UTEP game (#1 center was barfing on the sideline w/ the flu), those guys have graded very high. And their coach, the Buddha, is obsessed w/ his offensive lines. He knows what he's doing. When he was the O line coach at Ksuck, he had one starting group where all 5 made NFL rosters and a couple of those guys are still playing for money 12 years later. If USM's O line grades out like the Red Leggers in the trenches tomorrow, I'll be impressed.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Beat Mizzou

#951830 - 09/25/09 08:49 PM Re: On the offensive line. [Re: John_Brown]
yovoy Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: running amok
i think usm's speed will be the great equalizer, and that speed makes me nervous about this game. their speed had me calling this game a toss-up 2 weeks ago.

that said, sparky has had 2 kind of ugly games the last couple of weeks, and he hasn't looked like himself. i doubt he'll look that way 3 times in a row. i look for him to have a good game. usm still has lots of speed, so i'm still scared.

hope we start showing up ready to play. we haven't looked that hot as of late.

#951831 - 09/25/09 08:57 PM Re: On the offensive line. [Re: yovoy]
rockymtnjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Colorado
I do think future KU recruiting classes have to continue to get faster, but we are further along with the speed than we have been.

We should be ok. Focus, execute, and take care of the ball. If we do that, we will be good.

#951832 - 09/25/09 09:08 PM Re: On the offensive line. [Re: rockymtnjhawk]
yovoy Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: running amok
i think we've been faster the last couple of years (overall), than we are right now. our lb are su-lowwww! patterson is our only hope on a breakaway, as we saw last week.

you are correct, we are really going to need to uprade our speed to stay competitive.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Preview