Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#948092 - 09/23/09 02:52 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: LisaT]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
If not for the speculation, this board would be a dreadfully boring place.

#948093 - 09/23/09 02:54 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: JFish26]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Ok Negative Ned

#948094 - 09/23/09 02:54 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: LisaT]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Ok Negative Ned

One of my favorite board fallacies...too many people around here think:

Realistic = Negative

#948095 - 09/23/09 03:01 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: JFish26]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Ned

#948096 - 09/23/09 03:03 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: mdfraz]
IEtherTigers Offline
Lawrence Legend

Quote:

Yeah, apparently I completely missed all of those disrespectful posters, Ether.

Meh, I don't see what makes Southern Miss that much better than UTEP. We'll dispatch them handily.

We agree, UVA is frickin horrible...SMiss will NOT be a challenge...I anticipate more vanilla...

Kansas wins by twenty. Were at home no way we lose.

don't want to be a homer, but no team that falls behind UVa and has to play catch up is going to keep the game close. KU will not implode like UVa. Oh, by the way, we have defended tall receivers before.

For nothing? No - you have the second longest winning streak by playing Alcorn St. type teams. Rice, UTEP (who you lost to), East Carolina, SMU.....how many ranked teams have you faced in the last year? I'll give you that you did barely beat a good Troy team in a bowl game. Trust us, here at KU we know quite a bit about padding the schedule to make a season look good.

Yeah, but that was in 2004 against a 5-6 bugeaters team who lost by 60! to Texas Tech later on. Not exactly world beaters.

I've got 25 women with full sweaters and empty heads!

#948097 - 09/23/09 03:05 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: IEtherTigers]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Exactly, I am telling you guys UVA is horrible.

#948098 - 09/23/09 03:06 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: LisaT]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Nancy.

#948099 - 09/23/09 03:06 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: LisaT]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Quote:

Exactly, I am telling you guys UVA is horrible.

Lost at home to William and Mary. It was 11 on two, and one of the two was a girl.

#948100 - 09/23/09 03:09 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: jayhawk1996]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

I was at the Alabama /Tech game and someone wrote on the back of a poster the UVA/W&M score and laughter errupted...was embarrassed for them.

#948101 - 09/23/09 03:09 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: IEtherTigers]
Rivethead Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Austin, TX USA
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, apparently I completely missed all of those disrespectful posters, Ether.

Meh, I don't see what makes Southern Miss that much better than UTEP. We'll dispatch them handily.

We agree, UVA is frickin horrible...SMiss will NOT be a challenge...I anticipate more vanilla...

Kansas wins by twenty. Were at home no way we lose.

don't want to be a homer, but no team that falls behind UVa and has to play catch up is going to keep the game close. KU will not implode like UVa. Oh, by the way, we have defended tall receivers before.

For nothing? No - you have the second longest winning streak by playing Alcorn St. type teams. Rice, UTEP (who you lost to), East Carolina, SMU.....how many ranked teams have you faced in the last year? I'll give you that you did barely beat a good Troy team in a bowl game. Trust us, here at KU we know quite a bit about padding the schedule to make a season look good.

Yeah, but that was in 2004 against a 5-6 bugeaters team who lost by 60! to Texas Tech later on. Not exactly world beaters.

You seriously believe that what I wrote (my comment above is about the winning streak being against weaker teams) is disrespecting USM?

Well.....you're entitled to your opinion.

#948102 - 09/23/09 03:18 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: Rivethead]
mdfraz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
Uh, most of those posts are factual. A few may be SLIGHTLY disrespectful/ignorant of USM, but even then, not really anything to get all up in arms about.

For instance, calling someone out for relying on a USM win in Lincoln in 2004.......legitimate.

Believing that KU is good enough, especially at home, to win by 20......legit, if a bit optimistic in my personal opinion. Just because some people expect to win, and even win handily, doesn't necessarily disparage USM; it more shows what people think of KU's potential.

The post about KU not imploding like UVA and noting that UVA is a bad team? Legit. Noting that we have faced talented/big receivers before? Legit.

Even the post downplaying their winning streak notes that they beat a good Troy team in their bowl game. How is that not respect?

If there are a few disrespectful or ignorant comments, that would be about it. Pointing out facts is not disrespectful. It's logical.

#948103 - 09/23/09 03:20 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: mdfraz]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Here's what I've learned from this thread: There's far too much time between football games.
Can't wait for the two-week gap between USM and ISU.

Edited by jayhawk1996 (09/23/09 03:21 PM)

#948104 - 09/23/09 03:23 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: jayhawk1996]
mdfraz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
Hell, as far as I'm concerned, two days (Tuesday and Wednesday) is too long btw. football games on TV. I say we petition ESPN to show at least one game every single night of the week.

#948105 - 09/23/09 04:02 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: jayhawk1996]
IEtherTigers Offline
Lawrence Legend

Quote:

Here's what I've learned from this thread: There's far too much time between football games.
Can't wait for the two-week gap between USM and ISU.

This.

I've got 25 women with full sweaters and empty heads!

#948106 - 09/23/09 05:08 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: IEtherTigers]
KMan_24 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

The smack talk has gotten pretty serious. And I honestly don't understand where Southern Miss is coming from. Central Michigan came in here a couple years ago, and everyone thought it would be an absolute shootout. I think our local KC guy, Brady Mac even picked us to lose. I expect the result will be somewhere between there and the beatdown we put on Toledo a couple weeks later. I don't see this team being any better than the UTEP team we just took apart on the road. I was much more concerned with that game coming into this season.

Our offense is going to click this weekend, and that is not good news for USM.

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 >

Preview