Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#948002 - 09/21/09 04:53 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: somiss87]
edjayhawk1 Offline
I am an idiot

I agree. I think the spread of 13.5 is too much. I think it will be closer then that. I mean you have a built program and reminds me some of Virginia Tech.

#948003 - 09/21/09 04:57 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: haleyd1]
edjayhawk1 Offline
I am an idiot

Spoken like a true traitor. I see you have a grand total of 1 post. You are probably a white-trash Mizzou fan so own up to it.

#948004 - 09/21/09 04:58 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: edjayhawk1]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
So. Miss is NOT to be overlooked. This is a wacky season in college football, and rankings do not mean s hit. If I were in charge of college football, the first poll would not come out until after week five.

BYU/FSU anyone? FSU was a storied program, but BYU was supposed to run them outta their homefield. FSU has speed, and they're a program that BYU is unfamiliar with.

Sounds like So. Miss to me. Hope we play well, So. Miss plays well, the crowd is up, no injuries occur, and BOTH teams gain some valuable experience for the season!

Best of luck So. Miss. Glad to see some civil fans on here from other schools. A giant leap from MU and ksu fans.

RCJHKU!

#948005 - 09/21/09 05:04 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: KUHawkhead]
edjayhawk1 Offline
I am an idiot

Yep, anything can happen on any given Saturday. You better be ready to go every game or else you will be sitting out during the BCS. OU loses to BYU and O-State loses to Houston are two prime examples.

#948006 - 09/21/09 05:06 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: haleyd1]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

We are not where you guys are yet but we are headed in that direction.

No you're not. Sorry.

#948007 - 09/21/09 05:09 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: edjayhawk1]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Quote:

Yep, anything can happen on any given Saturday. You better be ready to go every game or else you will be sitting out during the BCS. OU loses to BYU and O-State loses to Houston are two prime examples.

And USC wins at Ohio State, then loses at Washington. Then BYU lays an egg at home vs. Florida State.
I'd forgotten about Fedora being at Southern Miss. He'll have a better idea of what KU has than Cutcliffe did.

#948008 - 09/21/09 05:16 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: edjayhawk1]
haleyd1 Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Spoken like a true traitor. I see you have a grand total of 1 post. You are probably a white-trash Mizzou fan so own up to it.

Ha. I am from MS so the white trash part may be true, but I bleed black and gold.....Southern Miss black and gold. Former 2nd generation student athlete. Dont know too much about mizzou but I did go hunting one year close to the city they are from.

#948009 - 09/21/09 05:18 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: haleyd1]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Shoulda gone closer.

#948010 - 09/21/09 05:19 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: jayhawk1996]
somiss87 Offline
Baby Jay

Someone mentioned USM playing to their opponent and that has been the case in the past and it's annoying. I really think Briscoe is going to give us fits....Our cornerbacks are small. Our rushing defense is one of the best in the nation but we are suspect in the secondary and I'm sure Reesing will expose us on several plays.

I would put the line at Kansas -6

#948011 - 09/21/09 05:22 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: somiss87]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I'll take a 6pt win. W is a W.

Thanks for the words and insight.

RCJHKU!

#948012 - 09/21/09 05:40 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: JFish26]
haleyd1 Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

Quote:

No you're not. Sorry.

Dont know too much about our program. Thats understandable but go take a look at our recruiting classes the last few years. They are leaps and bounds better compared to what they were. Actually pretty close to Kansas's classes and ahead in one year. Give it time and you'll see. We also knew that Houston would go in and have a shot at OSU. They have been up and coming the last couple of years as well. Big game with them against TT this weekend.

#948013 - 09/21/09 05:42 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: haleyd1]
sdoyel Offline
LIKE A BOSS

Loc: Dallas
IMO, this game will be decided over the first couple of possessions.

Does So. Miss. come out and establish a run?

Can KU avoid a sluggish start?

If So. Miss falls behind by 2 scores, it's going to be tough for them to utilyze their outstanding RB.... My guess is KU comes out attacking early and often in the air. With OR without Sharp playing.

#948014 - 09/21/09 05:46 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: haleyd1]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No you're not. Sorry.

Dont know too much about our program. Thats understandable but go take a look at our recruiting classes the last few years. They are leaps and bounds better compared to what they were. Actually pretty close to Kansas's classes and ahead in one year. Give it time and you'll see. We also knew that Houston would go in and have a shot at OSU. They have been up and coming the last couple of years as well. Big game with them against TT this weekend.

Sorry, still ridiculous. The money's not there for you to be on your way to where we are (let alone where we're heading).

#948015 - 09/21/09 05:49 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: sdoyel]
somiss87 Offline
Baby Jay

Quote:

IMO, this game will be decided over the first couple of possessions.

Does So. Miss. come out and establish a run?

Can KU avoid a sluggish start?

If So. Miss falls behind by 2 scores, it's going to be tough for them to utilyze their outstanding RB.... My guess is KU comes out attacking early and often in the air. With OR without Sharp playing.

I agree that whoever gets off to a good start will have a huge advantage to winning this game.

However we came back on UVA by running the ball and I believe we had somewhere around 175 rushing yards in the last 20 minutes of the game....Granted Kansas is leaps and bounds better than UVA. But we have a very balanced offense and do not turn the ball over very often. Our QB hasn't thrown an interception dating back to last year.

IMO, this game is going to be decided by which team gets the best pressure on the QB.

Edited by somiss87 (09/21/09 05:50 PM)

#948016 - 09/21/09 06:55 PM Re: Damion Fletcher and Southern Miss. [Re: somiss87]
mdfraz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
First, with the way our D line has played so far, I'll venture a guess that we'll get as good or better pressure on you than you on us. And here's the deal, when you pressure Reesing, that's often when he's at his best. So, although it's better not to have a lot of pressure bearing down on your QB, we will be better than your guy at handling it. Don't feel bad, I bet there aren't three QB's in the nation that are better than Todd when he's scrambling.

Our run D has been pretty strong most years since Mangino got here. We haven't seen much of a running attack; mostly spread offenses so far, but we've done a solid job stopping the run. Not saying you won't pick up yards on the ground, but I am not overly concerned with that. We did get exposed a bit against Dook in the middle of the D line with some of their draws up the middle; that concerns me a little.

I know I've been looking to the So. Miss. game as our toughest non-con challenge since well before the season kicked off. I still think it will be a good test for us. However, when it's all said and done, I don't think you will hold us to 30 points as someone posted earlier. If nothing else, we will switch into passing mode very early on, and it's gonna be almost impossible for anyone to slow Reesing, Meier, Briscoe, Wilson and McDougald down too much. Obviously turnovers are a great equalizer and if we have some, it could be a little more interesting than I want it to be, but I'm going to say 38-20 KU.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Preview