Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#947857 - 09/20/09 04:38 PM Will the Chiefs win a game this year?
rockymtnjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Colorado
Haley was a bad hire. He blows. It was also foolish to give Cassel so much $. He blows too. The Chiefs may have just blown their best chance to win a game this year. Boy they are awful.

#947858 - 09/20/09 04:39 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: rockymtnjhawk]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS
well at least there will be one good football team with kansas in the name this year

#947859 - 09/20/09 04:42 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: theno1kufan]
rockymtnjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Yes, given the choice, I will take the Jayhawks having an outstanding year first. Of course, it would be nice to have both winning.

I don't think the Chiefs are going to the playoffs for a number of years. Haley & Cassel are not the answer.

#947860 - 09/20/09 04:44 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: rockymtnjhawk]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS
it's been 2 games under the new regime give it some time

#947861 - 09/20/09 04:45 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: rockymtnjhawk]
and_one Offline
Max Falkenstien

when will the Chefs win? Easy answer - when they play the Broncos

#947862 - 09/20/09 04:49 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: and_one]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Not if Eddie has anything to say about it.

#947863 - 09/20/09 04:51 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: theno1kufan]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Quote:

The guy you're responding to didn't think Bill Self was the guy after the Bradley game. Keep that in mind.

#947864 - 09/20/09 04:51 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: and_one]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
Defense played pretty well today, granted it was JaMarcus Russell. They someday will settle down with the revolving door at WR.
They win 3 or 4.
And yes it is premature to throw Pioli and Haley under the bus.
Do you want more Herm?

#947865 - 09/20/09 04:53 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: hasbeen]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Quote:

The guy you're responding to didn't think Bill Self was the guy after the Bradley game. Keep that in mind.

You are like a master zen score/grudge match keeper...Iknow where to go if I need info....or a reminder of what I said...lol

#947866 - 09/20/09 04:56 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: LisaT]
JZHawk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: The 'Dot
Quote:

Not if Eddie has anything to say about it.

Maybe Brandon Flowers will have something to say about it?

#947867 - 09/20/09 05:18 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: JZHawk]
holidaysmore Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Denver, Colorado
If not Haley and Cassell then who might I ask?

We build up our offensive line and add another down field threat at WR we might have something.

I knew this season was going to be tough. It wasn't like we were going to the Super Bowl or even the playoffs. The next year or so are going to be tough but it will get turned around, eventually.

#947868 - 09/20/09 05:27 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: holidaysmore]
BigTamale Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Kansas City
Totally unrelated but Todd Haley talks toooooo sloooooowwww.

I think the Chiefs are a big work in progress. That O-line is definitely the biggest concern. Cassel is gonna get hurt.

I say 2 or 3 wins is about right.

#947869 - 09/20/09 05:29 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: holidaysmore]
vmlb Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Pioli made a great trade getting Cassel. Then he should have traded Cassel for Cutler and 2nd round pick. Then traded Cutler to Bears like Broncos did. Then next year drafted a QB.

#947870 - 09/20/09 05:32 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: BigTamale]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Quote:

Totally unrelated but Todd Haley talks toooooo sloooooowwww.

I think the Chiefs are a big work in progress. That O-line is definitely the biggest concern. Cassel is gonna get hurt.

I say 2 or 3 wins is about right.

+1

I like the fact that Haley has some fire on the sideline. I got so annoyed by Herm's confused expression.

#947871 - 09/20/09 05:35 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: hasbeen]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

1 win, two if they are lucky. The Chiefs are worse than Detroit.

I am, regrettably, a Chiefs fan.

#947872 - 09/20/09 06:24 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: WaHawk04]
NotAPuke Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Kansas
Cleveland is the absolute dregs. Unfortunately, they aren't on the schedule.

#947873 - 09/20/09 06:25 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: WaHawk04]
OSTKU1 Offline
Prairie Warrior

being a browns fan, i think i've got it worse...

that will be one win for the chiefs...

the browns out of their last 10 or so games have one offensive TD.. that is definition of horrible

#947874 - 09/20/09 06:25 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: OSTKU1]
pnasty Offline
Baby Jay

no. the end.

#947875 - 09/20/09 06:26 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: OSTKU1]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
Quote:

being a browns fan, i think i've got it worse...

that will be one win for the chiefs...

the browns out of their last 10 or so games have one offensive TD.. that is definition of horrible

The Chiefs have won just 2 out of their last 27 games.. I think you are mistaken. JMO

Edited by tyler (09/20/09 06:26 PM)

#947876 - 09/20/09 06:29 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: tyler]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
I heard Haley is a drunk. It would explain a lot.

RCJHKU!

#947877 - 09/20/09 06:33 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KUHawkhead]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

I know it's only two weeks in, but the fact that Denver is alone in first place in the AFC West tells what a f ucked up, weak assed conference it is!

RCJHKU!

#947878 - 09/20/09 06:55 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KUHawkhead]
holidaysmore Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I never buy when people say that the Chargers are going to the be class of the AFC.

I was wrong about the Donkeys. They have a solid team. Shut down corner in Champ and adding Dawkins is a plus. Moreno, Stok, Royal and B on offense plus a decent o-line. If they didn't have noodle arm Orton as their QB I would say they might be a sleeper in the AFC.

#947879 - 09/20/09 09:32 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: holidaysmore]
Judy_Jayhawk Offline
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Loc: Kusports.net
They will be like the Royals. They will start winning when they have no chance to go to the playoffs and it hurts their draft choice!

#947880 - 09/20/09 09:33 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KUHawkhead]
and_one Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

I know it's only two weeks in, but the fact that Denver is alone in first place in the AFC West tells what a f ucked up, weak assed conference it is!

My Donks are # 1 .... hhahaha they have played Cincy and Cleveland. They are halfway to their 4 win season....

#947881 - 09/20/09 10:40 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: rockymtnjhawk]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

Haley was a bad hire. He blows. It was also foolish to give Cassel so much $. He blows too. The Chiefs may have just blown their best chance to win a game this year. Boy they are awful.

Honestly, what do you expect this year? DId you expect the Super Bowl? AFC West title? Wild card? .500? None of them will happen and they won't be close. It's funny how after two games, Haley is a bad hire and after one game, Cassel sucks.

#947882 - 09/20/09 11:43 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: jaihaux]
KCTee Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Malaysia
Let's be honest, the defense can not stop anybody. No pass rush = no defense (sounds familiar?). Don't let the stats fool you. The Raiders made our defense look good because their QB did not throw the ball well most of the game. Before the game I was thinking Russell was going to have a career day.

The offense is not good. Not many weapons in the passing game other than Bowe and Wade. Passes to the tight end and to 3rd receiver are clearly missing. Glad to see that the RB are involved in the passing game. Did Bradley and Charles play today? Did not hear their names. The offense line is going to struggle the whole year. Thank god Cassel has good pocket awareness. I am not sure if Cassel is the solution at QB but let's give him more time.

#947883 - 09/21/09 11:18 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KCTee]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Not a Chef Fan....the exact opposite BUT to my Chef fan pals. Chill out. Your team is already better than last year. You likely in terms of record will be taking it in the chin with the NFC teams you have to play in the coming weeks. That said it appears to me you have a good young coach who knows what he is doing, an organization willing to cut and add players regardless of name, and a fantastic facility. Chefs will be good again soon just take this year for what it is. It pains me to say this but Chefs are back on track for the long run.

#947884 - 09/21/09 11:25 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KCTee]
heycobo Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
Quote:

Let's be honest, the defense can not stop anybody. No pass rush = no defense (sounds familiar?). Don't let the stats fool you. The Raiders made our defense look good because their QB did not throw the ball well most of the game. Before the game I was thinking Russell was going to have a career day.

The offense is not good. Not many weapons in the passing game other than Bowe and Wade. Passes to the tight end and to 3rd receiver are clearly missing. Glad to see that the RB are involved in the passing game. Did Bradley and Charles play today? Did not hear their names. The offense line is going to struggle the whole year. Thank god Cassel has good pocket awareness. I am not sure if Cassel is the solution at QB but let's give him more time.

charles was listed as inactive. i don't know about bradley. i think cassel can be the answer at qb but they obviously need more help on the oline.

i think it's kind of unfair to say the d can't stop anyone. they have 2 solid young corners and i still think flowers is going to become a star. they need some better defensive ends. the jared allen trade still pisses me off. anyway, the defense has definitely shown some improvement and they will continue to do so. they definitely won't be as crappy as last year. didn't they finish in the bottom 3 teams in total defense?

as far as the question, i still think the chiefs can win 6 games this year. they still play denver twice and oakland again. also i think they can take one from san diego and probably beat the browns and cincinnati. you never know, they might win a game they really shouldn't as well.

#947885 - 09/21/09 11:29 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: heycobo]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
Quote:

didn't they finish in the bottom 3 teams in total defense?

Bottom 2 in YPG. 31 out of 32. Only the Lions were worse.

#947886 - 09/21/09 05:43 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: oreadical]
prairie_dog Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Shawnee, Kansas
I watched the KU game live last weekend, then TT/TX, then KSuck/UCLA.

All six college teams executed better than the Chiefs (and the Raiders for that matter). I have never seen a pro team that cannot consistently snap the ball without a penalty (9 in all, 3 by our 1st round draft pick LT, 2 false starts and 1 hold).

The Chiefs insisted on losing; the Raiders required penalties to keep their last drive alive what with Russell throwing the ball all over Jackson County but seldom to his receiver. Finally, they got the Raiders in the end zone for the winning score, the Chief's only accomplishment for the day.

If it hadn't been for the $9 beers, it would not have been any fun.

#947887 - 09/21/09 05:48 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: prairie_dog]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

They will win 4 games

#947888 - 09/21/09 06:00 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: jayhawks14]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
LOL at throwing the Head Coach under the bus after 2 games and the QB under for 1 game.

Biggest problem for the Chefs on both sides of the ball is the line. LB then the next problem.

The whole franchise went into rebuilding mode - best case scenario = 2011 is when they'll be truly be competing.

Any rash judgements (i.e. fire Haley, Fire Pioli, dump Cassel) before then is LOL.

Edited by EastCoastJHawk (09/21/09 06:00 PM)

#947889 - 09/21/09 08:28 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
rockymtnjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Let's just say they have a lot of rebuilding to do. Now that I'm less pissed than yesterday, I suppose Cassel is fine. Still think the Chiefs were foolish to dole out that much $ for a guy who only has one season under his belt (and that at the helm of a team that was 18-0 the previous year).

No problem with the GM other than the overpayment to the QB and the Haley hire. Haley has a lot of work to do to win me over. He can start by winning home games against division rivals. Especially the Raiders, the NFL equivalent to Mizzou.

#947890 - 09/21/09 08:37 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: prairie_dog]
Sparko Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: NJ
Flowers dropped a sure Pick-six. Cassel threw short of the end zone and screwed up the end of the First Half. Incidentally the man ran a route short of the end zone. I was thinking last week that clock discipline was at least in place after the Herm era. But nope. The key drive of the game started with one time out at the end of the First Half. And Haley went nutless on the first field goal too. This team is afraid of losing, and can't shake its losing shadow.

Both of the last two games were winnable. But there were break-downs in execution and coaching. And sorry, why is Croyle even on the Freaking roster? Four QBs? Haley better wake the heck up. I think Herm has gotten into his head. . .

#947891 - 09/21/09 09:21 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: rockymtnjhawk]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

Still think the Chiefs were foolish to dole out that much $ for a guy who only has one season under his belt (and that at the helm of a team that was 18-0 the previous year).

As opposed to giving a rookie who has never thrown an NFL pass the same amount of money?

#947892 - 09/21/09 09:26 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: jaihaux]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

What does Josh Freeman have to do with this conversation?

RCJHKU!

#947893 - 09/21/09 09:27 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KUHawkhead]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Quote:

RCJHKU!

#947894 - 09/22/09 02:30 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KUHawkhead]
NJhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: California
Quote:

RCJHKU!

+1

#947895 - 09/22/09 04:28 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: jayhwk01]
tsveach Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

Not a Chef Fan....the exact opposite BUT to my Chef fan pals. Chill out. Your team is already better than last year. You likely in terms of record will be taking it in the chin with the NFC teams you have to play in the coming weeks. That said it appears to me you have a good young coach who knows what he is doing, an organization willing to cut and add players regardless of name, and a fantastic facility. Chefs will be good again soon just take this year for what it is. It pains me to say this but Chefs are back on track for the long run.

I agree. Also not a Chiefs fan (I'm very amused by you all though), but Cassell will be fine. He needs an O-Line and a big-play receiver.

I honestly think the Chiefs collapse is directly related to their problems with the line. There was a time shortly after the turn of the century when they had one of the best o-lines in football. They never had an amazing quarterback or all-pro supporting cast (other than Holmes whose success was directly correlated to the strength of the line). Then the line got old and they replaced the players with more old players, then with crappy ones. That didn't work out so well. They've got a talented QB if he can stay healthy and some potentially good (but young) defensive players.

Give their defensive talent another year of development under a new coach and they probably won't be terrible. Get a couple guys either from the draft or free-agency to protect Cassell and a guy to complement the current receivers. Then draft a guy who is a decent running back and isn't a lunatic like LJ and they'll be on track. Rebuilding takes time. Your GM has only had one draft. Give him a couple years.

#947896 - 09/22/09 09:03 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: tsveach]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
after hearing some of the comments on message board/radio and then the fact that there was only 50k against the biggest rival on opening day makes me believe the only thing that sucks worse than the chiefs are chiefs fans

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Preview