Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#947887 - 09/21/09 05:48 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: prairie_dog]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

They will win 4 games

#947888 - 09/21/09 06:00 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: jayhawks14]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
LOL at throwing the Head Coach under the bus after 2 games and the QB under for 1 game.

Biggest problem for the Chefs on both sides of the ball is the line. LB then the next problem.

The whole franchise went into rebuilding mode - best case scenario = 2011 is when they'll be truly be competing.

Any rash judgements (i.e. fire Haley, Fire Pioli, dump Cassel) before then is LOL.

Edited by EastCoastJHawk (09/21/09 06:00 PM)

#947889 - 09/21/09 08:28 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
rockymtnjhawk Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Colorado
Let's just say they have a lot of rebuilding to do. Now that I'm less pissed than yesterday, I suppose Cassel is fine. Still think the Chiefs were foolish to dole out that much $ for a guy who only has one season under his belt (and that at the helm of a team that was 18-0 the previous year).

No problem with the GM other than the overpayment to the QB and the Haley hire. Haley has a lot of work to do to win me over. He can start by winning home games against division rivals. Especially the Raiders, the NFL equivalent to Mizzou.

#947890 - 09/21/09 08:37 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: prairie_dog]
Sparko Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: NJ
Flowers dropped a sure Pick-six. Cassel threw short of the end zone and screwed up the end of the First Half. Incidentally the man ran a route short of the end zone. I was thinking last week that clock discipline was at least in place after the Herm era. But nope. The key drive of the game started with one time out at the end of the First Half. And Haley went nutless on the first field goal too. This team is afraid of losing, and can't shake its losing shadow.

Both of the last two games were winnable. But there were break-downs in execution and coaching. And sorry, why is Croyle even on the Freaking roster? Four QBs? Haley better wake the heck up. I think Herm has gotten into his head. . .

#947891 - 09/21/09 09:21 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: rockymtnjhawk]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

Still think the Chiefs were foolish to dole out that much $ for a guy who only has one season under his belt (and that at the helm of a team that was 18-0 the previous year).

As opposed to giving a rookie who has never thrown an NFL pass the same amount of money?

#947892 - 09/21/09 09:26 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: jaihaux]
KUHawkhead Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Mc to the Pherson
What does Josh Freeman have to do with this conversation?

RCJHKU!

#947893 - 09/21/09 09:27 PM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KUHawkhead]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

RCJHKU!

#947894 - 09/22/09 02:30 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: KUHawkhead]
NJhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: California
Quote:

RCJHKU!

+1

#947895 - 09/22/09 04:28 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: jayhwk01]
tsveach Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

Not a Chef Fan....the exact opposite BUT to my Chef fan pals. Chill out. Your team is already better than last year. You likely in terms of record will be taking it in the chin with the NFC teams you have to play in the coming weeks. That said it appears to me you have a good young coach who knows what he is doing, an organization willing to cut and add players regardless of name, and a fantastic facility. Chefs will be good again soon just take this year for what it is. It pains me to say this but Chefs are back on track for the long run.

I agree. Also not a Chiefs fan (I'm very amused by you all though), but Cassell will be fine. He needs an O-Line and a big-play receiver.

I honestly think the Chiefs collapse is directly related to their problems with the line. There was a time shortly after the turn of the century when they had one of the best o-lines in football. They never had an amazing quarterback or all-pro supporting cast (other than Holmes whose success was directly correlated to the strength of the line). Then the line got old and they replaced the players with more old players, then with crappy ones. That didn't work out so well. They've got a talented QB if he can stay healthy and some potentially good (but young) defensive players.

Give their defensive talent another year of development under a new coach and they probably won't be terrible. Get a couple guys either from the draft or free-agency to protect Cassell and a guy to complement the current receivers. Then draft a guy who is a decent running back and isn't a lunatic like LJ and they'll be on track. Rebuilding takes time. Your GM has only had one draft. Give him a couple years.

#947896 - 09/22/09 09:03 AM Re: Will the Chiefs win a game this year? [Re: tsveach]
CrimsonNBlue Offline
Tee Y

Loc: KC, MO
after hearing some of the comments on message board/radio and then the fact that there was only 50k against the biggest rival on opening day makes me believe the only thing that sucks worse than the chiefs are chiefs fans

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Preview