Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#947757 - 09/20/09 12:11 PM College Football is Officially a Joke
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Washington at #24. Seriously? Could you overreact anymore?

#947758 - 09/20/09 12:19 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: WaHawk04]
tigerman81 Offline
moonshine muddled but still conscious

They won't lose another game this year .... (Crickets sounding loudly in the background)

#947759 - 09/20/09 12:25 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: tigerman81]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

I think it's a great win for them, but this is the same team that struggled to beat Idaho at home last week. They will probably lose their next two games. @ Stanford and @ Notre Dame. And both of those teams suck too.

#947760 - 09/20/09 12:30 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: WaHawk04]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

Loc: evansville, indiana
it's the voters who are a joke.

#947761 - 09/20/09 01:03 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: t_jayhawk]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Quote:

it's the voters who are a joke.

Probably a more accurate statement then mine, but still, what a joke.
It's a direct result of the arrogance of college football writers/voters. None of them want to admit that they were wrong about USC. Both USC and Ohio State are the two most overrated teams in the country right now. Should be ranked no higher than 18th right now.

#947762 - 09/20/09 06:59 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: WaHawk04]
mdfraz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
I don't think I'd put Washington in the top 25, but they did play LSU very tough at home in week one. This was not a fluke. I think more than anything it's a reaction to how good people thought USC was rather than how good people really think UW is.

Polls are really fairly meaningless until mid to late season anyway.

#947763 - 09/20/09 07:14 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: mdfraz]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Quote:

The only meaning polls have is publicity and recruiting. Being ranked means your highlights will get more time on SportsCenter and viewed by more recruits.

The only time polls have any tangible meaning is the week before BCS selection day, and there are plenty of people that would argue that process is meaningless itself.

#947764 - 09/20/09 07:48 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
CaptainClarkeMUMU Offline
MUMUMUMUMU

Loc: Nice Language Stay Classy Mods
Quote:

Quote:

The only meaning polls have is publicity and recruiting. Being ranked means your highlights will get more time on SportsCenter and viewed by more recruits.

The only time polls have any tangible meaning is the week before BCS selection day, and there are plenty of people that would argue that process is meaningless itself.

Unfreakingbelievable! 5Decksmissing and I have finally found common ground. The rankings only are for BCS bowl bound teams.

KU should concentrate on winning the North.

#947765 - 09/20/09 09:19 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: WaHawk04]
namohcan_99 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Wichita, KS
Quote:

Washington at #24. Seriously? Could you overreact anymore?

Well, you could put Appalachian State into the Division I-A rankings. Ooo.... too soon?

#947766 - 09/20/09 09:22 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: namohcan_99]
BigD Offline
Lawrence Legend

Tech dropping out of the 25 on a tight game on the road is a joke as well. The Red Raiders looked like they haven't dropped off much at all against Texas without Crabtree and a new QB. Our game in Lubbock will be tough. Our best chance at beating a south team may be OU at home.

#947767 - 09/20/09 09:23 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: namohcan_99]
Judy_Jayhawk Offline
Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Loc: Kusports.net
Look at the bright side. According to CBS Sportsline that will put USC and KU in the Pacific Holiday Bowl!

#947768 - 09/20/09 09:57 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: Judy_Jayhawk]
Wickedson Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: New York, NY
That USC QB was shook. Half the teams in Div 1A coulda beat them yesterday.

#947769 - 09/21/09 09:43 AM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: Wickedson]
Code_2008 Offline
WBB Moderator

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I am still trying to see how the writers and 'experts' at Fox Sports use their mind...

Kansas blasts duke, yet falls out of the Top 25 power rankings.

Nebraska loses to Virginia Tech yet jumps 8 spots???

Mizzou is ranked 13?

Oklahoma destroys whoever and drops 10 spots...

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/powerRankings#tb

Anybody want to figure this out for me?

#947770 - 09/21/09 09:49 AM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: Code_2008]
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Keep sawin wood

#947771 - 09/21/09 09:52 AM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: t_jayhawk]
oreadical Offline
Resident Duck

Loc: TJ's Fanny Pack
Keegan has Washington at 11. Only John Adams (Knoxville News Sentinel) had them higher (10).

Pollspeak - Washington (AP)

#947772 - 09/21/09 09:56 AM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: oreadical]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

There is a reason that Sports Journalist Polls are a complete joke.

INCOMPETENCE.

Can you imagine what the NCAA Basketball tournament would look like if one third of the selection committee were made up of Tom Keegans?

*shudder*

#947773 - 09/21/09 06:45 PM Re: College Football is Officially a Joke [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

Loc: evansville, indiana
the only worse polls are the ones that involve coaches. i have heard several interviews where they ask the head coach about their voting in polls. most have the sid's vote for them because they don't have time or the desire to watch other teams beside their own and their future opponents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview