Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#947645 - 09/20/09 01:42 AM Whitlock does it again...
kuME10 Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence, KS
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1456611.html

I can't believe how pessimistic he is towards KU fb. I am boycotting whitlock until basketball season. That is unless Mizzou has a new starter that scores more than 15 points the first game and Whitlock falls in love.

#947646 - 09/20/09 01:50 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: kuME10]
DETHAWK81 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Michigan
Not sure why you are upset with whitlock. This team is very unimpressive so far.If you think diff you are simply a homer. Yes we are competitive, but as of now Nebraksa looks better than us. Not impressed at all with the last two games. Looked good if you did not watch the game, if you watched it we really looked average.

#947647 - 09/20/09 02:11 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: DETHAWK81]
YoungJedi Offline
Prairie Warrior

Oh no big deal...Whitlock is just trying to rile up readers. I'm not worried what the media thinks. He's seen one game. He wants to go back and forth all season with the Reesing vs Gabbert debate.

To Whitlock's credit something did look a little out of sync so I can kind of see what he is saying.

I know Big Toben played well, but I thought the offense looked a little out of sync without Jake in for most of the first half. I know he started and played one or two plays and then came back and played for a couple more series later in the game even scoring a TD. It just looked like the offense missed his speed out of the backfield and blocking. He is a 4 year program guy and Toben is in his 3rd week of D1 ball. Toben played great, but I hope Jake gets 100%. It is nice to have both them spelling each other where it looked like today we had to play Toben without a net loose on the high wire.

Whitlock dissing us now reminds me of the KU football commercials where the players say, "They said KU could never be a football school, or win 20 games and back to back bowl games...but we didn't listen".

I like those commercials because it seems to me the KU players who are making things happen are telling the critics and know it all sports media like Whitlock and Kietzman to "Blank Off".

KU just has to keep working hard and not listen to those type of guys. If they don't want to give us respect - screw em. We will go earn it and produce on the field. We are still a work in progress, but I think we have the parts to make a lot of great things happen. I'm not worried what some random media are saying.

#947648 - 09/20/09 02:32 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: YoungJedi]
BetaHawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

just average? you are an idiot. if we had better focus today we probably put a 60 spot on the board. i can't wait to see us clicking on all cylinders if you stupid asses think this team is just "average" and our "average" is good enough to beat teams by a combined 127-26 in 3 games.

#947649 - 09/20/09 02:43 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: YoungJedi]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Whitlock has a point.

Todd hasn't looked like Todd all year. An offense full of veterans should be running more smoothly than KU's now. Where's Jonathan Wilson? Why is Briscoe dropping retarded passes? What's the deal with Reesing missing routine throws?

Defensively, I wasn't expecting much and am okay with where we are now. Watching Springer, it's painfully obvious that he is not 100%. Our corners/db's always forget to look for the ball - - who coaches them? Justin Thorton is playing high.

The single biggest difference between this team and the '07 team is discipline. Too many stupid penalties.

That said, this team has tons of potential and is fun to watch.

#947650 - 09/20/09 05:47 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: kuME10]
dmitch86 Offline
John Brown

Loc: From Ashes to Immortality
Cry some more, faggot. Just watch the [censored] team on the field if you're all butthurt about sports writers.

#947651 - 09/20/09 05:55 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: YoungJedi]
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

I like those commercials because it seems to me the KU players who are making things happen are telling the critics and know it all sports media like Whitlock and Kietzman to "Blank Off".

KU just has to keep working hard and not listen to those type of guys. If they don't want to give us respect - screw em ...

Brav-O!

#947652 - 09/20/09 08:34 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: sevenyearhawk]
KUSPORTSFAN93 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I don't get all the criticisms in that article, we have underachieved, but come on, KU is a good team. Whitlock is a bit of a douche I guess.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!

#947653 - 09/20/09 09:11 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: kuME10]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
He's probably still pissed about my daughters and I laughing at him when we walked by him at the ticket window on Saturday. What did he expect? Showing up to a football game in his brown silk pajamas and slippers? The dude is not Hugh Hefner.

#947654 - 09/20/09 09:12 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: KUSPORTSFAN93]
ClintNormore Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: St. Louis
I see JW working - he's riling up KU and MU fans - which doesn't take much. The Gabbert man-love is a bit creepy, however.

The fact that KU is 3-0 by margins of 49-3, 34-7, and 44-16 while not firing on all cylinders bodes very well for the potential of this season.

I have a feeling this column will make the rounds through the KU Locker Room this week. In addition to the Sawin' Wood mentality, MM seems especially talented at playing up the disrespect card with the players.

#947655 - 09/20/09 10:44 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: ClintNormore]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I have to agree with whitlock. I've gotten that same "something is wrong with this offense" feeling in the last two games.

I think a lot of it has to do with actually trying to establish a run game this year. Kind of throws the offense (and I think especially Todd) out of the rhythm that we have grown used to. The good news is we have plenty of games to go through those growing pains, where we can still pull off a big win despite them.

If we can get the run and pass in sync we'll have an even better offense than in the last two years and might actually stand a chance at beating the big teams like OU.

#947656 - 09/20/09 10:47 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: ClintNormore]
HawksFB Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Survive and advance.

Don't put the wagon ahead of the ponies, guys.

Enjoy each win individually. Each one is better than the alternative.

Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!

#947657 - 09/20/09 10:48 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: HawksFB]
joepattern Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: overland park, ks
Yeah... with a true freshman running back in there.. we did look a little off. Too many 2nd and 8s.

Todd looked like his old self again, though. If you think something else.. you're blind.

Thank God he was on or else this might have been a different type of game.

#947658 - 09/20/09 10:52 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: joepattern]
misplaced Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Nebraska
to the poster that said nub looks better than us. you might want to actually watch a game sometime. That is all.

#947659 - 09/20/09 10:56 AM Re: Whitlock does it again... [Re: joepattern]
tbhagz Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Your mom's house
They're getting there. Not there yet, but getting there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview