Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#925558 - 08/19/09 10:13 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. ** [Re: RManFlint]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom
Quote:

Quote:

In defense of those who spent the majority of their time on this board battling with him, he took it and gave it right back. He knew this was all just a silly game. I doubt he even had any personal ill will against their likes.

BINGO! That's how I felt about him.

Heck, I'll bet we could have had some interesting discussions about Bulgakov over an AB's beef-and-pork sammich, fries and a red cream.

Not so much.

#925559 - 08/19/09 10:16 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: copperhead]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Quote:

And it would be swell if, in the future, the locals took the time to report some hillbilly who abandons his house and a couple of dozen un-neutered and spayed dogs - before they turn feral and someone gets killed - as well as the dogs most likely being destroyed.
If the poms were familiar with this property, I can't imagine for the life of me why they'd want to bring a leashed dog anywhere near it. Just viewing the news video of the dog pack is horrifying.
So many questions.

No [censored].

How can a dozen feral dogs run around loose? I guess there aren't any ranchers in that part of Georgia. They have a habit of taking care of feral dogs real quick.

#925560 - 08/19/09 10:20 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: RManFlint]
jayhawk96 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Denver
I haven't been able to stop thinking (and even dreaming) about this. The cruel irony of how 2 pet lovers died is gutting me.

#925561 - 08/19/09 10:22 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: jayhawk96]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Strange... night before last I had a dream many of us were gathering for Pom's funeral. I guess my subconscious has an image, however erroneous, of what some of you look like.

It was a beautiful service.

#925562 - 08/19/09 10:24 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: seahawk]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Quote:

Word, copper. I was thinking that if I'd been the poms I would have planted a whole row of Castor Beans. Or not gone outside without a tazer.

"Sometimes the pack mentality can play a role. One dog gets aroused and that revs up his buddies," Goldfarb said.

All it takes is one Alpha male in a pack of otherwise docile feral dogs.

There are a number of packs of feral dogs in KCK, especially around the woods in Argentine and Armourdale. I had a pack of about six rather large dogs coming at my when I was getting in my car about five years ago.

Like the quote says, all a pack needs is one vicious leader.

#925563 - 08/19/09 03:26 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: RManFlint]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Free State Lobby
I just ran across this thread--haven't been around much lately. I am terribly saddened by the story, as the rest of us are. Just awful, awful news.

Thoughts and prayers.

#925564 - 08/19/09 03:42 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: jayhawklaw]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Tragic news to say the least.

Don't be a stranger over here.

#925565 - 08/19/09 03:48 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Free State Lobby
I posted on election night that I probably would wait for the first 100 days of the Obama administration before coming back around.

It's been wonderful. I do miss the cast of characters sometimes, though.

I never met Pom and my low-brow take on politics was probably beneath his mention most of the time, but I still feel a great sense of loss over this story.

#925566 - 08/19/09 04:13 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: jayhawklaw]
MrSaturday Offline
Prairie Warrior

Quote:

All it takes is one Alpha male in a pack of otherwise docile feral dogs.

Dogs are very similar to people, only they are more direct. Usually their alpha is a genuine alpha, and is actually leading his mob. In people, they are usually actual cowards who hide behind a microphone or a radio program, inciting the weak-willed and easily led. I think they ought to figure out which dog started all this and name him "Glenn Beck" or "Rush Limbaugh" before they euthanize him. I think Pomeranian would approve.

#925567 - 08/19/09 04:18 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: MrSaturday]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Knock it off, shades.

#925568 - 08/19/09 04:25 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
MrSaturday Offline
Prairie Warrior

I'm not shades, I'm Mr Saturday. Nice to meet you.

#925569 - 08/19/09 04:44 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: MrSaturday]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Welcome back shades. You were missed in your prolonged multi-hour absence.

#925570 - 08/19/09 04:47 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: WisconsinJayhawk]
MrSaturday Offline
Prairie Warrior

Sorry...not shades.

#925571 - 08/19/09 04:59 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: WaHawk04]
xapaktep Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Ukraine
This is terrible news. Condolences to the family. "Words matter."

#925572 - 08/19/09 05:09 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: MrSaturday]
WisconsinJayhawk Offline
Rhubarber of Seville

Ah yes... I've now read your 16 posts. Not shades. Like I said, don't be a stranger around here.

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Preview