Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#925528 - 08/18/09 02:30 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. ** [Re: Geezer]
seahawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Thanks, shirley for letting the family know how much we valued pom.

And thank you for taking the time to interact personally with an old guy who must have enjoyed that contact.

#925529 - 08/18/09 02:49 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: Geezer]
jayhawk96 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Denver
Shirley, that was lovely.
And, my condolences, especially to you, as you were the closest of all of us to Pom.

#925530 - 08/18/09 02:53 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: Shirley]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

Well said Shirley.

I may actually include a reference to you in my next prayer in hopes that your grief will be eased.

(not trying to start a fight... feel free to laugh)

#925531 - 08/18/09 02:55 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: Shirley]
hasbeen Offline
Zipper Jiggler

Quote:

Quote:

I scarcely have the will to argue today.

I lost mine days ago, and this isn't going to help.

I just got off the phone with one of Lothar's sons. I told him what a presence pom has been here, and what a void his absence will leave. I took the liberty of expressing all our condolences, and his son was very appreciative.

Thank you for that.

#925532 - 08/18/09 03:27 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: jayhawk96]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Quote:

Shirley, that was lovely.
And, my condolences, especially to you, as you were the closest of all of us to Pom.

Well said....I am still speechless....sending thoughts and prayers to the Pom family....surreal.

#925533 - 08/18/09 03:53 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: seahawk]
Shirley Offline
Pelvic Missionary

Someone's mailbox is full. You know who you are...

#925534 - 08/18/09 04:28 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: Shirley]
seahawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

No longer.

#925535 - 08/18/09 05:29 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: seahawk]
seahawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Okay, since I started this off on kind of a low note, let me suggest that we all do something in honor of pom this week.

Watch a soccer match, then we can all discuss it.

Okay, well maybe I'll send a donation to the ACLU in his name.

#925536 - 08/18/09 05:39 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: seahawk]
and_one Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Colorado
how about an en-mass contribution to a an animal rescue shelter

#925537 - 08/18/09 05:41 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: and_one]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom
Oh goodie! Another attention [censored].

#925538 - 08/18/09 05:49 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: chiknbut]
and_one Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Colorado
Quote:

Oh goodie! Another attention [censored].

According to the reports, Pom and wife would take in strays - my suggestion was meant to be a positive, not a disgusting play on the terrible COD...

#925539 - 08/18/09 05:56 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: and_one]
Geezer Offline
To serve & protect

Loc: JayhawkLaw office Lobby
Has the funeral announcement been posted yet?
That usually contains a statement about donations.

#925540 - 08/18/09 06:03 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: seahawk]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Bohemia
My favorite part of his story; how Pom got to Kansas and why he left. We all knew he could carry a torch.

Their sons - Mark Schweder, who lives in Aiken, S.C., and York Schweder, from Hutchinson, Kan. - could hardly believe such a thing could happen to their parents, animal lovers who adopted several dogs and cats.

The couple divorced when Mark Schweder was 2 years old, he said. Lothar Schweder left the University of Georgia in 1973 and moved to Kansas. He worked for and retired from the Kansas prison system, York Schweder said, while Sherry Allen stayed at UGA, where she started working in 1974.

Mark Schweder said his father, though a thousand miles away, stayed persistent in talking to his mother. Eventually, he won her back.

They remarried in 2000, when Mark was 32, and the couple moved onto seven acres in Oglethorpe County.

With regards to donations and such see below:

On Saturday, Athens-Clarke County Animal Control helped to transport the Schweders' seven cats and dogs to Madison County Animal Shelter, where they are up for adoption.

"If anyone wants to take care of an animal or even donate funds so they can be boarded, they can get in touch with me," said Nan McMurry, who worked with Sherry Schweder in the Main Library (University of Georgia - Athens) for more than 20 years. "There's not much we can do for them now, but I know how much they would appreciate help with their pets."

Madison Oglethorpe Animal Shelter

#925541 - 08/18/09 06:28 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: parkhawk3319]
bpritchett Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Exile
Thanks for posting the link to the animal shelter. They have easy PayPal giving online, and a place to note what it is for.

#925542 - 08/18/09 06:28 PM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: parkhawk3319]
seahawk Offline
Lawrence Legend

Good idea, park.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Preview