Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#925498 - 08/18/09 12:26 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. *DELETED* ** [Re: WaHawk04]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
Post deleted by DCHawk1

#925499 - 08/18/09 12:32 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: DCHawk1]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

why not. None of you really knew him in real life and if you did you wouldn't give a sh!t about what some anonymous internet message board poster said about him. your memories of him would completely outweigh anything said here.

#925500 - 08/18/09 12:33 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: WaHawk04]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

To add to my last post, I'm a big believer in celebrating a mans (womans) death, so here is to you pom..

Cheers brother.

#925501 - 08/18/09 12:47 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: WaHawk04]
jhawk0097 Offline
Baby Jay

Wow. Language is an inadequate instrument to express emotions/thoughts in this sort of situation. RIP Pom.

#925502 - 08/18/09 06:41 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: jhawk0097]
JHAWKinKY Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Back Where I Belong
I've only been around for a short time, but Pom was always willing to mix it up with me at the drop of a hat. Admittedly, I was unaware that Pom was who Pom was. For those of us who don't know each other, we seem to put some sort of image to those posters that we engage with, at least I do. I always imagined Pom as a very highly educated, witty, and thoughtful, woman. Turns out I was only wrong about the last part.

#925503 - 08/18/09 07:37 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: JHAWKinKY]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

I saw this story on the news and thought it was a pretty horrific event. Now that I learn it was Pom... it strikes closer to home.

I can't say I knew Pom particularly well. The only contact I had with him was his postings on this message board. We argued a few times on some issues, and we agreed on other issues. He was one of the only posters here that would actually thank someone for sharing a new piece of quality information, sometimes even if that new information was something he didn't like.

It appears that Pom's last act was a heroic attempt to rescue his wife. While I don't want to trivialize the obvious pain and suffering from the incident, clearly he gave his life in an act of honor.

So long Pom. You fought the good fight until the end.

#925504 - 08/18/09 07:39 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

#925505 - 08/18/09 08:08 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
I disagreed with him on almost everything, but I didn't actively dislike hiim.

I'm very sorry to hear of his and his wife's horrible deaths.

#925506 - 08/18/09 08:33 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: RManFlint]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
He will be missed. My condolences to the Schweder family, extended family, and friends.

#925507 - 08/18/09 08:50 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: larryb]
minhin Offline
Uh Oh

Loc: ...in the warm sun
I don't often post on this board, but I read it a lot.
The loss of Pom will leave a large hole in discussions.
My condolences also to family and friends.
I know he will be missed here.

#925508 - 08/18/09 09:11 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: minhin]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Words escape me....sigh

#925509 - 08/18/09 09:29 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom
It appears that Pom's last act was a heroic attempt to rescue his wife. While I don't want to trivialize the obvious pain and suffering from the incident, clearly he gave his life in an act of honor

Absolutely stunning. Good lord, what a horrible end.

In defense of those who spent the majority of their time on this board battling with him, he took it and gave it right back. He knew this was all just a silly game. I doubt he even had any personal ill will against their likes.

I only hope this is not true. Please just be a sick joke or a horrible coincidence.

#925510 - 08/18/09 09:43 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: WaHawk04]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Quote:

Can I be the [censored]?

I wish it was copper or 5-10, at least pom was coherent.

I'm saddened by a loss of a fellow Jayhawk, but I'm a firm believer in Karma.

I'm glad you believe in karma.

#925511 - 08/18/09 10:34 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: seahawk]
parkhawk3319 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Bohemia
Horrific news. He will be missed here. Rest in peace Pom.

for Pom

#925512 - 08/18/09 10:39 AM Re: I'll admit that I'm ashamed of myself today. [Re: parkhawk3319]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Perfect sendoff, Park.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Preview