Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#911783 - 07/26/09 08:18 PM Blog about rooming with a basketball player
hawkinTexas Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Houston, TX
This is a long series on a blog, but pretty interesting. The speculation is that he's talking about Purdue at the time that Glen Robinson was there.

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2009/06/livin-large-part-1.html

#911784 - 07/26/09 08:21 PM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: hawkinTexas]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

Loc: evansville, indiana
i haven't read the link yet but i met a guy (friend of a friend) that roomed with robinson. he always laughed at the fact that from being from the projects of gary, indiana, robinson had the best stereo system, big screen t.v. and cars that could be had. and also plenty of cash.

#911785 - 07/26/09 08:30 PM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: t_jayhawk]
killabees Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Jayhawk Nation
Quote:

i haven't read the link yet but i met a guy (friend of a friend) that roomed with robinson. he always laughed at the fact that from being from the projects of gary, indiana, robinson had the best stereo system, big screen t.v. and cars that could be had. and also plenty of cash.

That's what happens when you save your money.

#911786 - 07/26/09 08:35 PM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: killabees]
hawkinTexas Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Houston, TX
Robinson isn't the roommate in question. Supposedly it is a guy named Mat den Tam. Still a pretty interesting read. It made me wonder whether it is all big time programs that are doing this.

#911787 - 07/26/09 09:58 PM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: t_jayhawk]
simmons_kent Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Emporia, Kansas
Quote:

I played baseball at a KS Juco in the 80's and saw on numerous occasions members of our basketball team come to school with their rooms already "furnished", out of state players with only warm weather clothes being taken to "The Buckle" for a shopping trip, and what we called "get out of jail free" cards they carried for any incidents they had with the law or to get "fringe benefits" from some local businesses.

It goes on at all levels everywhere.

#911788 - 07/26/09 10:05 PM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: simmons_kent]
kiernan Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: way down in the hole
Basketbawful is a great site. I've found that series rather entertaining.

#911789 - 07/26/09 10:41 PM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: kiernan]
and_one Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Colorado
does your avatar say pr!ck? All things considered, I'll take a scoring system of "nil" versus "love".

BTW - when my kid was on scollly, I bought the car and bid screen for him, not a booster

#911790 - 07/27/09 12:45 AM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: and_one]
kufanboy Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Hipster Brooklyn
F*** me. I just spent 2.5 hours reading that. Awesome, but I should have been asleep 2 hours ago!

#911791 - 07/27/09 01:27 AM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: kufanboy]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
Quote:

F*** me. I just spent 2.5 hours reading that. Awesome, but I should have been asleep 2 hours ago!

Ha, same here, I thought it was going to be some idle antidotes, and maybe 3 parts long, and after 3 parts I was kinda bored, thinking it was just going to be the dorky guy bitching about his roommate having sex all the time, but it's turning out to be a very good story. I wonder how much longer it will be though, it's not even 2nd semester yet.

I'm rooting for Susan, although it sounds like she will be the victor.

#911792 - 07/27/09 01:40 AM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: ZgetZ]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Loc: North Dakota
Quote:

Quote:

Ha, same here, I thought it was going to be some idle antidotes, and maybe 3 parts long, and after 3 parts I was kinda bored, thinking it was just going to be the dorky guy bitching about his roommate having sex all the time, but it's turning out to be a very good story. I wonder how much longer it will be though, it's not even 2nd semester yet.

I'm rooting for Susan, although it sounds like she will be the victor.

No way, Cindy came crawling back. He can't say no twice! Lol.

#911793 - 07/27/09 01:43 AM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: NDballer13]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

God, this is Melrose's Place or something

#911794 - 07/27/09 02:16 AM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: and_one]
kiernan Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: way down in the hole
and_one - yes, it does.

I've been too lazy to go through all of the comments, does anyone know where to find the video of or info on ten Dam as a 'professional ass-beater?'

#911795 - 07/27/09 02:20 AM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: kiernan]
ZgetZ Offline
Baby Jay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKil5Ibrq-8

looks like a lazy fighter, his lefts are weak as hell.

#911796 - 07/27/09 02:49 AM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: ZgetZ]
phineasgage Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: 10th and Illinois
this guys looking at the situation with the completely wrong attitude

"By de way," he began, "de girl who's visiting me, she's bringing a friend. I said you'd sleep wit her."

I skipped a beat. Then, "Huh?"

!!!!!!!!

#911797 - 07/27/09 03:00 AM Re: Blog about rooming with a basketball player [Re: ZgetZ]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Loc: North Dakota
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKil5Ibrq-8

looks like a lazy fighter, his lefts are weak as hell.

Great technique. Dude would've put Tyson down in his prime no problem!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Preview