Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#903239 - 07/14/09 10:50 PM Re: Z in... [Re: WaHawk04]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Not looking for a fight at all. I guess my view of things is that the system is pretty darned fair; smart organizations are rewarded and dumb ones punished. Free agency is no longer the most viable path to success. I'm very confident that baseball's moving the right direction.

In any case, I can sympathize with your frustrations about financial imbalances and the unbelievable strength of the MLBPA--it's the strongest union in the country.

#903240 - 07/15/09 02:13 AM Re: Z in... [Re: JFish26]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Quote:

--it's the strongest union in the country.

Without question.

#903241 - 07/15/09 08:24 AM Re: Z in... [Re: WaHawk04]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

Quote:

--it's the strongest union in the country.

Without question.

As a former member of two different unions, I will agree that it is the strongest, but I will also argue that IMO, MLBPA is the union that offers the least support to it's other union brothers. MLBPA has no problem crossing looking the other way in a labor dispute, just as long as they get theirs.

#903242 - 07/16/09 09:51 AM Re: Z in... [Re: jammahawk]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Zack on the cerebral palsy kid in the wheelchair:

"The neatest part to me was the kind that was in that wheelchair. I was just saying congratulations and everything and he was just normal. Then Derek Jeter came over and he seriously almost jumped out of his chair for Jeter."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview