Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#903079 - 07/14/09 11:11 AM I'm not at all ashamed to admit....
SDakotaJayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: Frost Arena
that I, from now on, am a bandwagon Cubs fan. I love my Jackrabbits and Jayhawks through thick and thin. Part of it is b/c the Cubs play professionally and I just can't really get into professional sports. But the other part is b/c the Cubs are so darn frustrating. I'll always watch their games when they're on (I TiVO almost every game and watch it in about an hour) but I won't get all crazy....unless they win it all.

I loved the team the last two years. I loved the guys on the team. Now we have friggin' Milton Bradley and Soriano and Aaron Miles,etc. Gawd, Bradley and Soriano just kill me....and aint no way we can trade either of those bums...

#903080 - 07/14/09 12:21 PM Re: I'm not at all ashamed to admit.... [Re: SDakotaJayhawk]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom
that I, from now on, am a bandwagon Cubs fan.

Lots of company on that bandwagon.

#903081 - 07/14/09 01:28 PM Re: I'm not at all ashamed to admit.... [Re: chiknbut]
laidbak_bb Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Lawrence
north side > south side...

my dark secret as a royals fan is that i dont hate the cardinals. im in my mid-late 20's and didnt live in kansas during the bad blood of the 70's-80's.

i like the city of st. louis, ive been in Busch Stadium and its really cool, and i think for the most part that the cardinal fans are good baseball fans. last night during the hr derby the commenators were talking about how the cardinal fans virtually never boo and how st. louis is a "baseball city". im really hoping to catch a I-70 series game at the new Busch next year.

im sure some others have plenty of reasons to hate the cardinals, thats just imo.

#903082 - 07/14/09 01:31 PM Re: I'm not at all ashamed to admit.... [Re: laidbak_bb]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

I am a life long cubbies fan, but welcome you SD....I warn you, it can be a bitter roller coaster ride.

#903083 - 07/14/09 01:41 PM Re: I'm not at all ashamed to admit.... [Re: laidbak_bb]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
I am ashamed to admit I am a Cubs fan and continue to be one despite all the heartache.

I am ashamed that as a Cubs fan I am grouped with a bunch of 20 something year olds who's primary purpose in attending games is to get drunk and act foolish.

I am ashamed that I paid money to see the Cubs play back in the days when they didn't give a damn about the team or the product they put on the field and i still continued to support them.

I am ashamed that I supported cheaters such as Sammy Sosa.

I am ashamed that in my lifetime I must have watched at least 1,000 games on television. Figuring that was an average of 3 hours a game it works out to being 125 complete (24 hour) days of my life spent watching a team that has not won a World Series in 100 years - playing close to 1,000 meaningless baseball games.

I am ashamed that I let the Cubs get to me enough that I have yelled obscene and obnoxius things at players and managers while attending games.

I am ashamed that after last years fantastic post season performance I said I was done with the Cubs and will NEVER pay another cent to see the Cubs play and yet I paid to attend 6 or 7 games this season.

I am ashamed to be a Cubs fan.

#903084 - 07/14/09 02:26 PM Re: I'm not at all ashamed to admit.... [Re: larryb]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom
I am ashamed to admit I am a Cubs fan and continue to be one

Well, at least for the next two days.

#903085 - 07/14/09 02:34 PM Re: I'm not at all ashamed to admit.... [Re: chiknbut]
DCHawk1 Offline
Proudly Derivative.

Loc: District of Columbia
I can sum of the Cubs contribution to MLB over the last two decades in two words: Greg Maddux.

Beyond that?

Meh.

#903086 - 07/14/09 02:37 PM Re: I'm not at all ashamed to admit.... [Re: DCHawk1]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
Quote:

Beyond that?

Meh.

zambrano vs barrett??

nothing beats a little teammate on teammate action...

#903087 - 07/14/09 06:10 PM Re: I'm not at all ashamed to admit.... [Re: LisaT]
SDakotaJayhawk Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: Frost Arena
Quote:

I am a life long cubbies fan, but welcome you SD....I warn you, it can be a bitter roller coaster ride.

Oh I have been a Cubs fan for some 20 years, ever since we moved into town, got cable and I discovered Harry. I'll still listen to Pat and Ron (love 'em) and watch on TV and maybe even make more trips to see the I-Cubs, but I'm just saying I'm strictly a bandwagon guy....or so I say.

Preview