Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#897748 - 07/07/09 06:20 AM Trade Meche. Yes or No?
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
I don't think they will.

But should they?

Whatever the "right" answer is, the Royals will fvck it up.

#897749 - 07/07/09 07:10 AM Re: Trade Meche. Yes or No? [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
No untouchables on the team if the deal is right.

#897750 - 07/07/09 07:58 AM Re: Trade Meche. Yes or No? [Re: jammahawk]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
I would argue ZG is untouchable right now for various reasons.

But with what looks like the potential of a good, relatively young core of a staff, if they can get a couple of good young players/"prospects" to help fill the positions (no more 1b/dh's however, thank you very much). I say trade him.

He has a good amount of value right now IMO.

I say if we trade, it'll probably be for something like Pat Burrell the way things seem to be going.

Edited by EastCoastJHawk (07/07/09 07:58 AM)

#897751 - 07/07/09 08:54 AM Re: Trade Meche. Yes or No? [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
jamboslice Offline
John Brown

Loc: Overland Park, KS
ZG is definitely untouchable or I'm giving up all together. ZG is worth alot more than trading him for two power pitching prospects. One will make it and one will blow out his elbow, bringing us right back to where we started except ZG would probably be better. The only player I'd except for ZG would be Stratsburg and then I'd also demand a hitting prospect with that.

If we trade Meche I'd like a descent pitching prospect in return with a sure thing SS prospect.

#897752 - 07/08/09 08:05 AM Re: Trade Meche. Yes or No? [Re: jamboslice]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

ZG is definitely untouchable or I'm giving up all together. ZG is worth alot more than trading him for two power pitching prospects. One will make it and one will blow out his elbow, bringing us right back to where we started except ZG would probably be better. The only player I'd except for ZG would be Stratsburg and then I'd also demand a hitting prospect with that.

If we trade Meche I'd like a descent pitching prospect in return with a sure thing SS prospect.

If someone wants to make a ridiculous offer for Greinke, then I'd be all over it. That's life in the small market.

#897753 - 07/08/09 06:48 PM Re: Trade Meche. Yes or No? [Re: jammahawk]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Any competent GM should have no such thing as an untouchable player.

Regarding Meche...having been out with him in his neighborhood a few times, I know the guy's really happy here. He's a big value for the next few years. It would take a big package.

Preview