Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#887470 - 06/23/09 08:16 PM Steriod list
Topcitykid10 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: Kansas
So we all know about the 104 people who tested positive in 2003 and we know 2 of them with Arod and Sosa, just wondering who you guys think are also on that list?

#887471 - 06/23/09 08:26 PM Re: Steriod list [Re: Topcitykid10]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
What I want to know is how in hell we know anybody on the list. I thought it was supposed to have some kind of privacy rule that applied to it. I am wondering if A-Rod and Sammy have valid legal claims that their civil rights were violated. Not saying they should go for that and it likely is a bad PR move but still private is private.

Fish you have a legal opinion on this one?

#887472 - 06/23/09 10:15 PM Re: Steriod list [Re: jayhwk01]
Merg311 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Hays, KS
I think at some point in the next few years all 104 names will be released to try to put the ***steroid era*** behind, once and for all.

It doesn't seem right that any names have been leaked, it's simply what I see MLB doing to try to put the ugly past behind.

#887473 - 06/24/09 12:28 AM Re: Steriod list [Re: Merg311]
6ROFEOCSIRB Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Unless Obama meddles (chances are 80/20 he will) the names won't be released...at least not by major league baseball. Possible HIPAA violation, and I'm certain it would be a violation of MLB's CBA.

#887474 - 06/24/09 12:50 AM Re: Steriod list [Re: jayhwk01]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

What I want to know is how in hell we know anybody on the list. I thought it was supposed to have some kind of privacy rule that applied to it. I am wondering if A-Rod and Sammy have valid legal claims that their civil rights were violated. Not saying they should go for that and it likely is a bad PR move but still private is private.

Fish you have a legal opinion on this one?

Well, it's absolutely unbelievable that those names came out. As far as a legal claim, you nailed it. Is there a possible cause of action? Sure. But would it serve any good to pursue? Not one bit.

I do think that what happened with that list threatens to bring down the union. Which is why it went with Weiner.

In the bigger picture, I think it's about time we all acknowledged that no one was at any competitive advantage during the steroid era. Everyone should be presumed to have been using. Sucks, but c'est la vie. I don't really care anymore.

#887475 - 06/24/09 09:28 AM Re: Steriod list [Re: Merg311]
georgiahawk Offline
John Brown

Quote:

I think at some point in the next few years all 104 names will be released to try to put the ***steroid era*** behind, once and for all.

Not as long as Bud is still ruining, oops, I meant running, the ship.

#887476 - 06/24/09 09:48 AM Re: Steriod list [Re: 6ROFEOCSIRB]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Quote:

Unless Obama meddles (chances are 80/20 he will) the names won't be released...at least not by major league baseball. Possible HIPAA violation, and I'm certain it would be a violation of MLB's CBA.

Not to get all, you know, "me" on you, but my understanding is that it's been an officer of the court leaking the names off this "anonymous testing" list. If it's a lawyer, he or she will be disbarred--and that will be the easy part.

Preview