Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#865678 - 05/18/09 09:29 PM Parents brawl at the Little K
sevenyearhawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

A ruined photo opportunity at the playground in the new outfield area of Kauffman Stadium kicked off a brawl among several adults Sunday afternoon in front of dozens of frightened children.

http://www.kansascity.com/116/story/1203736.html?storylink=omni_popular

#865679 - 05/18/09 11:28 PM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: sevenyearhawk]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS
people are nucking futs

#865680 - 05/18/09 11:38 PM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: theno1kufan]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

I think the account of the story in the article is as entertaining as the actual story.

#865681 - 05/18/09 11:43 PM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: Hawklin]
Jayhawksfan942 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: I'd rather be in Lawrence

#865682 - 05/19/09 08:43 AM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: Jayhawksfan942]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Freaking parents trying to kill each other in front of their children because someone blocked a photograph and someone mouthed off at them. Makes me want to puke.

#865683 - 05/19/09 08:45 AM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: Jayhawksfan942]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
My wife, kids and some other friends were at the game (damn job kept me home). I'm just glad when they went to the Little K they figured it was too crowded to stay.

#865684 - 05/20/09 12:35 PM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: jaihaux]
laidbak_bb Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Lawrence
this is why we cant have nice things.

#865685 - 05/20/09 02:21 PM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: laidbak_bb]
LisaT Offline
Max Falkenstein

Wow

#865686 - 05/21/09 07:00 AM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: sevenyearhawk]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Who would ever have thought someone could walk in front of a photo op, in the kids area at a crowded stadium? Next thing you're going to tell me is that someone might bump into me and make me spill my beer in a crowded bar.

#865687 - 05/21/09 08:11 AM Re: Parents brawl at the Little K [Re: jammahawk]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
From KMBC:

Witnesses said the foursome began shouting and cursing at each other and then began exchanging blows. One woman was knocked to the ground, where the other woman began kicking her, according to the police report.

We peek around the corner expecting to see kids fighting, but its four adults right on the playground, said Laura Phipps, who witnessed the fight.

Phipps said the fight was going on while her daughter was coming down the slide.

The fight was at the bottom of the slide. She set her feet down to see a gentleman take a head and bang it against the concrete, Phipps told KMBCs Dan Weinbaum.

Phipps said her daughter was knocked down during the melee.

It was beyond a brawl. It started out as four people, and then as kids were getting toppled, those parents came in, the women were fighting, Phipps said. The saddest scene was a girl wrapped around moms waist and saying, Please dont, and shes throwing punches.

From "The Pitch"........

An officer pulled Brooks away and handcuffed her. "She was very loud belligerent and using profane language such as 'bitch and 'mother [censored].," the report says. All the children watching this sad education on racial harmony didn't seem to calm her down. So he took her away.

According to Brooks: Brooks told the officer that she was walking by the playground equipment when a relative of hers heard Erin Mela say, "mother [censored]." Brooks thought Mela was talking to her relative and they confronted her. Brooks claimed Erin Mela called her relative a "nigger." Brooks then claimed that Erin Mela took her sunglasses, and James Mela spit on her. Then the brawl erupted.

According to Erin Mela: Mela told police that she let out an "oh [censored]" when Brooks walked in front of her snapping a photo of her child. Then she claims Brooks attacked her and others attacked her husband. James Mela admitted spitting in Brooks' face after getting attacked by other people.

Moral of the story........ Looks like they may have to segregate all areas of Kaufman. Joke folks - that was a weak joke. Better yet, just kill all the parents involved and give the kids a new set of parents with IQ's over 70.

Preview