Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#827046 - 04/02/09 09:38 AM Saturday's game on CBS College Sports
jayhawk1996 Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Anyone know if it will be streamed online for free? I just switched from DIRECTV to U-verse and don't get CBS College Sports on the new provider.

#827047 - 04/02/09 10:41 AM Re: Saturday's game on CBS College Sports [Re: jayhawk1996]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
Jesse just added it to the front page as well.

#827048 - 04/02/09 11:52 AM justin.tv stream?? [Re: KUColBond]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

If several people post the heck out of this thread asking... maybe someone who has CBS College Sports will stream it on Justin.tv ???

I don't get CBS College Sports, or I would go purchase the hardware today to put it up there for everyone. (I'd probably spend the next 48 hrs trying to figure out how to do it. LOL. My cable provider doesn't offer CBS College Sports at all under any package, so I'm not the answer.

Perhaps someone on this message board already has the equipment and the Channel?

#827049 - 04/02/09 04:13 PM Re: justin.tv stream?? [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
MorehouseHawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: St. Louis, Misery
I have the channel, but what equip would I need

#827050 - 04/02/09 04:27 PM Re: justin.tv stream?? [Re: MorehouseHawk]
5DecadeHawk Offline
Otto Schnellbacher

I'm about the last person to consider an expert on the topic, but I think a TV receiver card for your computer should do the trick.

I bet 13Hawk or KUColBond would be happy to offer advice.

#827051 - 04/02/09 05:10 PM Re: justin.tv stream?? [Re: 5DecadeHawk]
KUColBond Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Westminster, CO
Oh geez. Uhm, typically if you can get the channel to play on your computer, you can then stream that video onto the net. To get the video onto your computer you need either something that will convert video from the output on your digital receiver, or a digital TV tuner. From best buy a digital tuner (PC or USB) is probably a hundred bucks. You can find used or older ones on newegg for less than fifty. The tricky bit is that you can't buy tuners that decrypt digital TV, so if your provider encrypts it, you have to use a "capture card" not a "tuner card". What that does is plug in via PCI or USB and let you hook up to a video source like digital receiver, TV output, etc, and stream. They shouldn't be more than tuners are. If you're interested in one of those, let me know and I'll help you find one.

Then you have to broadcast the video. VLC can stream video from a capture device, but the setup is tricky. VLC is free, so if you want to get a compatible capture card and set it up, but get stuck, let me know and I'll try to help.

I'll dig around and see if I can find one people are having success with and post on here.

PS: obviously limited on time because the game is in 2 days. PM me with an IM account and we can try to get something figured out.

Edited by KUColBond (04/02/09 05:14 PM)

Preview