Page 1 of 266 1 2 3 ... 265 266 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#776251 - 02/27/09 08:49 PM next soccer question ***
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

Loc: evansville, indiana
is freddie adu a bust? or is he still young enough to develop into a premier worldwide soccer star? has he hit his peak?

#776252 - 02/28/09 06:09 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: t_jayhawk]
xapaktep Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Ukraine
worldwide? missed the ship on that one ... can he contribute and help America make noise at South Africa 2010? I believe yes.

#776253 - 02/28/09 11:27 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: xapaktep]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
he's 38...check his papers. lol

he's a bust

#776254 - 02/28/09 07:51 PM Re: next soccer question [Re: digitalkookie]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

what about beasley and dempsey? in the few games i have watched they seem to be prettygood. are they competitive with players at their positions throughout the world?

i know i ask a lot of dumb soccer questions but i like to watch it and want to know more about it.

#776255 - 03/01/09 10:49 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: t_jayhawk]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Don't listen to digitalkookoo, he's jaded towards overly popular players. He would probably tell you that Pele was average at best.

Adu is still only 19 years old and has plenty of time to develop. Some think he's older than 19 and maybe he is, but as of right now, he's believed to be 19. He'll end up being on the 2010 roster and will be a big time player for the US. He is one of those players that could break out at any moment, as he is on the cusp of his prime.

Whether or not he will end up "premier worldwide soccer star", that's hard to say. How many of these players are there world wide? I'd guess around 25-50 and I think Adu could get there. Again, he's only 19.

Dempsey is my favorite player and I think if Beasley and Donovan would play with Dempsey's pride and passion the US would be a much better squad. I just like the way Dempsey plays. Beasley obviously has the speed, but could stand to improve his ball handling skills. A decent ball striker who can get you some goals. I don't think either one are world class players. I'd say Beasley is better physically, but Dempsey is a headier player.

Just give Adu time, he's still a young kid. Him and Jozy are going to be special players, or at least they can be. Time will tell.

#776256 - 03/01/09 12:00 PM Re: next soccer question [Re: WaHawk04]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

thanks guys, i'm sure i'll have some more questions though.

#776257 - 03/02/09 08:09 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: t_jayhawk]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

wahawk...i speak only the truth in terms of football. believe me, i know a thing or two about the game.

just admit it and move on

#776258 - 03/02/09 08:04 PM Re: next soccer question [Re: digitalkookie]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Quote:

wahawk...i speak only the truth in terms of football. believe me, i know a thing or two about the game.

Not the point. I don't doubt your knowledge, but you have proven to be jaded towards 'famous' players. You let your feelings get in the way of your judgment sometimes. It's rare, but is still happens.

#776259 - 03/02/09 09:17 PM Re: next soccer question [Re: WaHawk04]
t_jayhawk Offline
suck it, asswipes

which league do you guys like the most and why?
personally, i like the english premier league.

what is considered the best league in the world?

#776260 - 03/03/09 08:52 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: WaHawk04]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Quote:

Quote:

Not the point. I don't doubt your knowledge, but you have proven to be jaded towards 'famous' players. You let your feelings get in the way of your judgment sometimes. It's rare, but is still happens.

if you think i am jaded towards 'famous' players you've got it all wrong. the only 'famous' player i harbor any ill will toward is david beckham...and i have given you numerous examples of why i have these feelings. he no longer cares about the game. his M.O is to create a media frenzy and bask in the subsequent photo opps to increase his celebrity (see: real madrid, la galaxy and now ac milan). i am not faulting him for the wonderful job his marketing team has done, rather his personal insistence to perpetuate the notion he is still a top class footballer. he has had his time in the sun and its time for him to move on...period

ps...how IS that little stunt at milan working out for him?? going down just as i predicted a few weeks ago...like a ton of fcuking bricks

#776261 - 03/03/09 08:56 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: t_jayhawk]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Quote:

which league do you guys like the most and why?
personally, i like the english premier league.

what is considered the best league in the world?

EPL is far and above my favorite, and imo, the best in the world...which i think is the general consensus.

EPL attracts the best footballers in the world (as a whole) and year in, year out has the most competitive squads top to bottom

#776262 - 03/03/09 09:53 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: digitalkookie]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if you think i am jaded towards 'famous' players you've got it all wrong. the only 'famous' player i harbor any ill will toward is david beckham...and i have given you numerous examples of why i have these feelings. he no longer cares about the game. his M.O is to create a media frenzy and bask in the subsequent photo opps to increase his celebrity (see: real madrid, la galaxy and now ac milan). i am not faulting him for the wonderful job his marketing team has done, rather his personal insistence to perpetuate the notion he is still a top class footballer. he has had his time in the sun and its time for him to move on...period

ps...how IS that little stunt at milan working out for him?? going down just as i predicted a few weeks ago...like a ton of fcuking bricks

Um, no.

You also don't like Adu, Donovan or Beasley. Face it dude, you're a self hating American (makes sense, liberal from chicago....jewish?) that gets off by attacking the 'trendy' and popular players.

You can argue that some of these players are overrated or that they are douches in real life (Beck and Landon) but they are all very good footballers. 3 of them are borderline world class.

Oh well, arguing with you is like arguing with a brick wall. You never listen to the other persons point.

#776263 - 03/03/09 10:08 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: WaHawk04]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

i would not label adu, beasley and donovan as 'famous' players...ask anybody walking the streets of the u.s who these three are and let me know what percentage of americans can tell you with any certainty. the only world class footballer in the aforementioned set of a$$clowns is beckham.

i am more than willing to listen to your point (as i have on every occasion), it just so happens that 80% of the time, that point is wrong!!!!

please heed jim calhoun's advice:

"get some facts and come back and see me"

#776264 - 03/03/09 10:13 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: WaHawk04]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Quote:

Face it dude, you're a self hating American (makes sense, liberal from chicago....jewish?) that gets off by attacking the 'trendy' and popular players

wonderful deductions!!!!! absolutely spot on!!!!!

what makes you think i am even american...or jewish for that matter???

keep up the good work sherlock

#776265 - 03/03/09 11:50 AM Re: next soccer question [Re: digitalkookie]
WaHawk04 Offline
Phog Fanatic

Quote:

Quote:

Face it dude, you're a self hating American (makes sense, liberal from chicago....jewish?) that gets off by attacking the 'trendy' and popular players

wonderful deductions!!!!! absolutely spot on!!!!!

what makes you think i am even american...or jewish for that matter???

keep up the good work sherlock

Care to answer a few questions then?

Are you American?

Do you live in Chicago?

Are you a Liberal?

Are you a Jew?

If Adu, Donovan and Beasley are not 'famous' then what are they.......well known? I mean are you seriously arguing that they are not famous? I knew you were dense, but this is a whole new you.

Page 1 of 266 1 2 3 ... 265 266 >

Preview