Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65098 - 02/22/07 03:27 PM Congrats to Denny Matthews
supermario15 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: KCK
Winner of the 2007 Ford C. Frick award and will be part of the HOF ceremonies in Cooperstown

#65099 - 02/22/07 05:04 PM Re: Congrats to Denny Matthews [Re: supermario15]
gatorhawk Offline
Sheldon Cooper

Most boring announcer I have ever heard. But if doing something forever makes you a hall of famer, so be it.

#65100 - 02/22/07 10:00 PM Re: Congrats to Denny Matthews [Re: gatorhawk]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

Most boring announcer I have ever heard. But if doing something forever makes you a hall of famer, so be it.

Boring announcer? You fancy people like Hawk Harrelson?

Bottom line is Denny Matthews is one of the greatest. He is synonymous with Kansas City baseball, and he is simply great at what he does.

#65101 - 02/23/07 04:40 AM Re: Congrats to Denny Matthews [Re: jaihaux]
supermario15 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: KCK
Quote:

Quote:

Boring announcer? You fancy people like Hawk Harrelson?

Bottom line is Denny Matthews is one of the greatest. He is synonymous with Kansas City baseball, and he is simply great at what he does.

Exactly

#65102 - 02/23/07 05:02 PM Re: Congrats to Denny Matthews [Re: supermario15]
Hawk1990 Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Shawnee, KS
Congrats to Denny, the Royals can use all of the good publicity they can get.

That said, he is just about the most boring baseball announcer around. I don't know how many times I've turned on the radio in my car to catch the game and endured a solid 15-20 seconds of absolute silence, enough to make me wonder if I had the volume adjusted properly, before Matthews would finally say "Ball two, outside", followed by another 20 seconds of silence. Riveting.

I'm not asking for all-energy, all the time, but there is a happy medium between the boredom of Denny Matthews and the over the top schlock of Ken Harrelson.

#65103 - 02/26/07 02:16 PM Re: Congrats to Denny Matthews [Re: supermario15]
Roy_Als Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Congrats to Denny.

Next up Dan Quisenberry. His stats are the same if not better than Bruce Sutter and he's in.

Preview