Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#647203 - 07/06/09 09:54 AM Re: Fire Dayton ***** [Re: abc123]
jaihaux Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Overlook Hotel
Quote:

Quote:

Ha except for the fact Aviles isn't even hurt, they just put him on the fake DL specifically for players that are horrible and can't make contact on the ball below his shoulder area.

Sry, i have to add on to this. So the Royals are making Aviles sit out the rest of the year on a "fake" injury?

Complete with fake surgery.

#647204 - 07/07/09 09:02 AM Re: Fire Dayton [Re: abc123]
jamboslice Offline
John Brown

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Quote:

Quote:

Ha except for the fact Aviles isn't even hurt, they just put him on the fake DL specifically for players that are horrible and can't make contact on the ball below his shoulder area.

Sry, i have to add on to this. So the Royals are making Aviles sit out the rest of the year on a "fake" injury?

Just a frustrated joke... I just really wanted him to be good so we don't have to keep searching for a SS

#647205 - 07/23/09 09:40 AM Re: Fire Dayton [Re: jamboslice]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: KC, MO
Dayton, in this morning's Star:

I go back to the same thing all of the time, he said. If our processes were so poor, how were we able to put together a pretty good team in the off-season?"

You weren't, Dayton, you weren't.

"Our processes are good. Our processes are consistent. Were not right all of the time, but the effort is there, the passion is there and we will get this thing done without a doubt in my mind as we move forward. I believe that with all of my heart.

Fire Dayton.

#647206 - 07/24/09 12:03 PM Re: Fire Dayton [Re: JFish26]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
Quote:

Fire Dayton.

Co-sign.

#647207 - 07/24/09 12:07 PM Re: Fire Dayton [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
theno1kufan Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS
ok look, dm has been here what 2 or 3 years now? the cupboard wasn't exactly full when he got here he needs more time to build up the farm system it just takes time to build a team in baseball more so than any other sport

dm needs at least another 2 or 3 years, th on the other hand....

#647208 - 07/24/09 12:24 PM Re: Fire Dayton [Re: theno1kufan]
abc123 Offline
Baby Jay

so its all Daytons fault that this team has blown a lead in every game in the 2nd half, including four leads in the 8th inning?

might as well fire Trey since he cant ever bring in the right reliever.

Are you telling me if the Royals held on to just all four 8th inning leads, you would have still bumped this thread?

If we started 4-2 against the Rays and Angels, it would be a lot different mood among KC fans

#647209 - 07/24/09 02:21 PM Re: Fire Dayton [Re: abc123]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Quote:

so its all Daytons fault that this team has blown a lead in every game in the 2nd half, including four leads in the 8th inning?

Are you telling me if the Royals held on to just all four 8th inning leads, you would have still bumped this thread?

If we started 4-2 against the Rays and Angels, it would be a lot different mood among KC fans

First of all, the important part isn't when I bumped this thread. What's important (from my perspective) is that I've called for Dayton's firing for many months now.

And yes, the fact that this team is so miserably constructed as to be prone to losing the kinds of games it's losing is directly attributable to Dayton being bad at his job.

#647210 - 07/24/09 09:20 PM Re: Fire Dayton [Re: JFish26]
jammahawk Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: In the Corleone compound
Quote:

Quote:

First of all, the important part isn't when I bumped this thread. What's important (from my perspective) is that I've called for Dayton's firing for many months now.

And yes, the fact that this team is so miserably constructed as to be prone to losing the kinds of games it's losing is directly attributable to Dayton being bad at his job.

It's a waste of time to call for DM's job. A good argument can be made for either keeping him or not. The Royals organization has bought into the strategy of drafting high school players and signing very young Latin players.
If what is perceived to be the Royals future presently in the low minors never materializes, then the organization should remove DM.
The Royals need to get over the idea of firing their way back to respectability. It didn't work when they fired Boone, Muser, Pena, Baird, and it won't work if they fire Moore before his long range plan has been given a chance to succeed.

#647211 - 07/26/09 04:45 AM Re: Fire Dayton [Re: jammahawk]
JFish26 Offline
Max Falkenstien

I don't disagree with you in the slightest that Moore's strength won't be felt for a few years. But it's painfully obvious that he doesn't know what to do with a major league roster, and its not like the young guys he's drafted and signed go away if we fire him. No reason we can't find a competent major league GM and still reap the benefits of the current farm system. It doesn't have to be a tradeoff.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Preview