Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#605491 - 09/30/08 10:35 AM Re: 75 wins [Re: jayhwk01]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
Quote:

Quote:

and what sort of criteria would you suggest to measure a club's success??

I thought most clubs measured success by Championships. I say this BTW as a Cubs and Royals fan...my teams don't have much to crow about.

Would agree to this.

I actually used to like the Cubs as both of my college roommates were from Chicago and Cubs fans.

But after seeing what happened with the "rise of the Red Sox nation" (i.e. obnoxious bandwagon fans) and what is already happening with Cubs fans (before they have actually won squat), I am rooting against the Cubs.

#605492 - 09/30/08 10:40 AM Re: 75 wins [Re: jayhwk01]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
i am being honest in saying no to your question in regards to success. they have been fcuking awful for years...decades even!! i am merely enjoying their recent successes as a life long fan...i think we could all agree that its nice to see the perennial loser come out on top every now and then (barring mizery and kstate of course). i, in no way, am looking down my nose at other franchises given the fact that i have been looking up at them for so long. like i said, its nice when you can actually celebrate the success (given it be recent, or continued) of a team you have essentially watched suck the pipe year in and year out...

#605493 - 09/30/08 10:55 AM Re: 75 wins [Re: digitalkookie]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Oh I am reveling in having a team I follow in the post season for a change don't get me wrong I just think in the grand scheme of things I as a Cubs and Royals fan don't have much to brag about especially in the last 25 years. GO CUBS!

#605494 - 09/30/08 11:04 AM Re: 75 wins [Re: jayhwk01]
EastCoastJHawk Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: On the sofa
digital - for the "TRUE" Cubs fans, I do wish you well.

Unfortunately, I think that will be only about 5 to 10% if they win it all this year. (I would say it's only 50% at best now, as stated before being a Cubs "fan" is more of a fad or the "in thing" than anything else). Again, I see a "Red Sox Nation" bandwagon part deux.

As far as success, your stat is still lame and there have been more than one post on here from the Cubs *cough* fans *cough* "looking down" on the Royals this year.

Thus, the irony.

#605495 - 09/30/08 11:19 AM Re: 75 wins [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

I thought cookie switched to being a Cubs fan after the Royals let him down.

#605496 - 09/30/08 11:19 AM Re: 75 wins [Re: EastCoastJHawk]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

ECJ...thanks, i just cant wait til tomorrow to get this post season started. i am hoping for the best, however, have been down this road before...

i completely understand your sentiments in terms of bandwagon fans, and how said fanbase evolves...its extremely fcuking annoying.

in terms of stats...well, one would be hard pressed to conjure up any legitimate numbers that would paint a rosey picture of the cubs successes over their history...cheers

#605497 - 09/30/08 11:21 AM Re: 75 wins [Re: Hawklin]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Quote:

I thought cookie switched to being a Cubs fan after the Royals let him down.

hawklin...i have not been a royals fan for years. i would rather see them succeed, however, that has not been the case for years as you and i both know

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Preview