Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#586665 - 09/11/08 04:47 PM Cubs may be playing Ball in October.....
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
in Houston. First two games of the weekend series are canceled. Cubs come home tonight instead of heading to Houston. Will 2 days off help or hurt them? Will the games NEED to be made up?

#586666 - 09/11/08 05:26 PM Re: Cubs may be playing Ball in October..... [Re: larryb]
jayhawks14 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

More than likely I don't think the games will need to be made up. They are 4.5 up in the Division so I think they'll be fine and as for the two days off, it will give them healthy legs and they'll get to practice up in Chicago. Don't think they'll lose too much because of it IMO.

#586667 - 09/11/08 05:30 PM Re: Cubs may be playing Ball in October..... [Re: jayhawks14]
larryb Offline
Gutter

The only way they may be able to fit them in before the end of the season is a double header on Sunday and a single game on Monday which is an off day for both teams. Leave it to a Hurricane for Cubs fans to blame the Cubs not making the World Series.

Edited by larryb (09/11/08 05:31 PM)

#586668 - 09/11/08 05:49 PM Re: Cubs may be playing Ball in October..... [Re: larryb]
tyler Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Lawrence
The only way the games are needed, is if the 'Stros are in th race by the end of the year.

#586669 - 09/11/08 05:56 PM Re: Cubs may be playing Ball in October..... [Re: tyler]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
cubs still have a rough schedule to play...four with st louis, six with the brewers, four with the mets, and possibly three with houston...all potential playoff teams (whether it be pushing for a wild card, or winning the division)...still plenty of time for the cubbies to fcuk this up...

#586670 - 09/11/08 05:59 PM Re: Cubs may be playing Ball in October..... [Re: digitalkookie]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Quote:

cubs still have a rough schedule to play...four with st louis, six with the brewers, four with the mets, and possibly three with houston...all potential playoff teams (whether it be pushing for a wild card, or winning the division)...still plenty of time for the cubbies to fcuk this up...

Cubs will miss or make the Playoffs by a game or 2. Just a prediction of course but one I feel is a very good possibility.

#586671 - 09/11/08 06:11 PM Re: Cubs may be playing Ball in October..... [Re: larryb]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
i am not overly worried about st louis, given their recent string of injuries and lack of pitching. its a possibilty we face sabathia or sheets twice...that being the case, i would take a split with the milk. the mets, by the time we see them could be out of contention (see epic collapse of last year), however, i think they will stay in the hunt. houston is hot, so if we could avoid them i would not mind one bit...

Preview