Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#567908 - 08/26/08 10:56 PM C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!!
blearned69 Offline
Big Dipper

#567909 - 08/26/08 10:57 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: blearned69]
FSCHawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: Nailin' Palin
We've landed on the moon!

#567910 - 08/26/08 10:59 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: FSCHawk]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Loc: North Dakota
Is it really a big set back that Kansas didn't sign a guy who has spent the last, what, 3 years playing baseball instead of basketball? Probably still be a great player, but has a little catching up to do.

Of course that's just my opinion and I don't follow the recruiting process as close as some of you. I check the posts here and stuff, but don't go google to see if any new news on Lance Stephenson has come up or anything.

#567911 - 08/26/08 11:01 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: FSCHawk]
Str8balliN Offline
str8 d0uch3

Quote:

Incredible

#567912 - 08/26/08 11:02 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: NDballer13]
PaperLantern Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

Is it really a big set back that Kansas didn't sign a guy who has spent the last, what, 3 years playing baseball instead of basketball? Probably still be a great player, but has a little catching up to do.

Of course that's just my opinion and I don't follow the recruiting process as close as some of you. I check the posts here and stuff, but don't go google to see if any new news on Lance Stephenson has come up or anything.

I think you've missed the point.

#567913 - 08/26/08 11:03 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: PaperLantern]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

That moon landing was BS.

#567914 - 08/26/08 11:04 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Hawklin]
blearned69 Offline
Big Dipper

Agree!

#567915 - 08/26/08 11:05 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: PaperLantern]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Quote:

Quote:

Nah, the point was that CJ signing with Memphis is a reason people think Xavier won't go to Kansas. Again this is just a personal opinion, but I'm assuming growing up he was always CJ's little brother. So maybe he thinks going to the same school as him would bring that back, so he goes someplace else (Kansas for example) to make his own history.

#567916 - 08/26/08 11:14 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: NDballer13]
Str8balliN Offline
str8 d0uch3

What a story the couldn't make it in pro ball big bro goes to the fall back school that couldn't win a NC. The real deal lil bro goes to the real deal big boys school that won and will win another NC.

#567917 - 08/26/08 11:16 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: NDballer13]
PaperLantern Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence, KS
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nah, the point was that CJ signing with Memphis is a reason people think Xavier won't go to Kansas. Again this is just a personal opinion, but I'm assuming growing up he was always CJ's little brother. So maybe he thinks going to the same school as him would bring that back, so he goes someplace else (Kansas for example) to make his own history.

Ok my bad. In your post it seemed like you were completely unaware that this guy was X's bro.

#567918 - 08/26/08 11:24 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: PaperLantern]
NDballer13 Offline
kusports.net

Lol, no I understand that. Just think that some people look a little to deep into who signs with other teams.

#567919 - 08/26/08 11:37 PM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: NDballer13]
Ryan2845 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Still, with as many times as X has said that he liked memphis because "it felt like family" I would have to imagine that having actual family there could only sweeten the deal...

#567920 - 08/27/08 12:08 AM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: FSCHawk]
Z8RR8 Offline
Max Falkenstien

Loc: Derby, Kansas
Quote:

WHEN THE HELL WAS THIS?!

SOMEONE IS FIRED FOR NOT TELLING ME!

lol

#567921 - 08/27/08 07:26 AM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Z8RR8]
jaybird Offline
Baby Jay

KU will not land some of these "STARS" because HCBS won't kiss their butts or blow smoke up it. Also they would have to earn their spot on the starting 5 and not be guaranteed it just for showing up. Also they have to go to class.
Maybe someone needed a job at FEDEX.

Edited by jaybird (08/27/08 08:05 AM)

#567922 - 08/27/08 10:00 AM Re: C.J. Henry to Memphis!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: jaybird]
pnasty Offline
Baby Jay

I would think this whole C.J. thing is a bit of a sticky wicket for HCBS. With a limited number of scholarships for '09, I doubt he wanted to use one on C.J. given the uncertainty of his abilities after his years of just playing baseball. However, Self does run the risk now of losing X because he may have (may have) turned CJ away to try to keep his powder dry for the targets he has his sights on (X, Robinson, Wall, Hamilton, Orton, etc). Let's just hope that X makes an independent decision and keeps KU in the mix. We'd love to have him.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Preview