Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#538253 - 08/13/08 03:34 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Geo Soto - Rookie of the Year
Jim Edmonds - Comeback player of the year.

Nice start to the double header.

#538254 - 08/14/08 09:15 AM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
nice finish to the double header as well...tonight, chubs go for their first season sweep vs braves since 2000. cant seem to gain any ground on the milk though...ever since the "little" fielder threw his dugout tantrum, they have been on fire...go figure. 6 games to go against them (all in the final two weeks of the season), should make for an interesting finish to say the least!!!!!

#538255 - 08/14/08 12:52 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

Pretty interesting that the guy who essentially quit on his first team and pretty much gave up on his season (and maybe career) is leading the pack for Comeback Player honors.

I think that speaks volumes to the guy's character. He's having a terrific season, though. Gotta give Hendry credit for this one.

#538256 - 08/14/08 12:58 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: chiknbut]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Quote:

Pretty interesting that the guy who essentially quit on his first team and pretty much gave up on his season (and maybe career) is leading the pack for Comeback Player honors.

I think that speaks volumes to the guy's character. He's having a terrific season, though. Gotta give Hendry credit for this one.

http://out-of-rightfield.blogspot.com/2008/05/you-better-not-sign-jim-edmonds-jim.html

http://www.gaslampball.com/2008/5/14/509365/jim-edmonds-was-a-clubhous

#538257 - 08/22/08 04:49 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Flubbies were up 4-0 and are now getting their asses kicked. Nice job Bull Pen! Do your husbands play too?

#538258 - 09/03/08 07:29 AM JUNK! [Re: larryb]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Big trouble brewing in Flubbie land. Zambrano may be done for the year and the Flubs are starting to have some doubts they are "all that". I know I am in the minority when I say this but I really don't have a strong desire to see the Flubs make the Playoffs. Why? I don't care to see them not make the World Series YET AGAIN. I fully expect the Cubs to lose in the NLCS. [censored] happens and then you are a Flubs fan. Or should I say your a Flubs fan and then [censored] happens?

Edited by larryb (09/03/08 07:29 AM)

#538259 - 09/04/08 08:09 AM Re: JUNK! [Re: larryb]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

dempster can't get it done at wrigley, zambrano missed his MRI and is out indefinitely, harden has a start pushed back due to "normal" soreness in his throwing arm, sean marshall joins the rotation, kerry wood got rocked for a 2 run dinger in extra innings, all while the cubs lose five straight... yup...sounds like things are going according to plan on the northside...

no need to worry though, ye of little faith...

#538260 - 09/04/08 08:37 AM Re: JUNK! [Re: digitalkookie]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Good morning! Cubs are done. No chance in the post season. Wait till next year!

#538261 - 09/04/08 08:56 AM Re: JUNK! [Re: larryb]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

good morning to you too sir!! cubs will make the post season...mike hart comes in to solidify the rotation, bats heat up, we take 4 of 6 from the milk, and win the division by 5

c'mon jesse.......keep hope alive

#538262 - 09/12/08 06:59 AM Re: JUNK! [Re: digitalkookie]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Last night was a reason for Cubs fans to believe. Of course it was just one game but it was an all around perfect example of what it takes to win in the Post Season. Nice job guys!

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Preview