#538238 - 08/03/08 12:45 AM Re: Nice effort [Re: chiknbut]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Gutter and cookies.

#538239 - 08/04/08 08:36 AM Re: Nice effort [Re: Hawklin]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
So Cubs fans shouldn't be happy and boast that their team has the best record in the NL? Or should they not come back down to reality when they lose and realize this is the Cubs that they support? Maybe it's both or maybe it's neither. I am confused - remember I am a Cubs fan and most of us are confused souls.

#538240 - 08/04/08 02:51 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Im talking about the back and forth opionion of the team.

Same thing when the Bears lose their first game. Best in the world to the worst overnight.

Guess I should blame the media for instilling it in the fans.

#538241 - 08/04/08 06:19 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: Hawklin]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

No, just blame typical Cubs fans like Gutter.

Hey Gutter, when do they hand out "We're in First In August" rings?

#538242 - 08/05/08 07:11 AM Re: Nice effort [Re: chiknbut]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Hawklin - As usual you really do get it. Very true what you say.

chikn - No rings to be handed out in August but tell me how it felt to have the Sox fall out of first place? I have been the same way about the Sox as I have the Cubs. A month ago I thought the Sox were going to the World Series. No Joke. I even will continue to say (well maybe not any more since their starting pitching is pretty much junk) that the Sox may be better than the Cubs.

#538243 - 08/05/08 01:27 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

The Sox falling out of first place in the first week of August means almost the same as the Cubs in first place at the same time.

Not much.

I know White Sox fans are just as bad, but I'm trying to encourage a "stop the hate" movement. It's stilly. It reminds me of the Illinois posters from several years ago who weren't happy just being in the national title game in basketball. They needed something else to bitch about - namely losing the good looking girlfriend in Bill Self.

Something very special going on in Chicago. I just want to make sure you don't miss it.

#538244 - 08/05/08 01:38 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: chiknbut]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Quote:

The Sox falling out of first place in the first week of August means almost the same as the Cubs in first place at the same time.

Not much.

I know White Sox fans are just as bad, but I'm trying to encourage a "stop the hate" movement. It's stilly. It reminds me of the Illinois posters from several years ago who weren't happy just being in the national title game in basketball. They needed something else to bitch about - namely losing the good looking girlfriend in Bill Self.

Something very special going on in Chicago. I just want to make sure you don't miss it.

Tomorrow I will be at both the Cubs and Sox games rooting for each team equally. Need to bring my Slammy Soso Cubs jersey and my Bo Jackson White Sox jersey with me to work tomorrow morning.

#538245 - 08/05/08 01:57 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Might I suggest an update in the wardrobe department?

I dunno, perhaps a Garciaparra Cubs jersey and a Ross Gload White Sox jersey?

#538246 - 08/05/08 03:05 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: chiknbut]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Quote:

Might I suggest an update in the wardrobe department?

I dunno, perhaps a Garciaparra Cubs jersey and a Ross Gload White Sox jersey?

LOL!

I may be better off just wearing a plain Cubs shirt with my Jayhawks National Champions Hat and a Sox World Series hat with a Jayhawks National Champions shirt.

#538247 - 08/06/08 03:08 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Just checked the newspaper, Gutter. Swisher's dinger in the 13th puts the Sox back in first play by a game over the Twinkies.

Still early. Still early.

#538248 - 08/07/08 07:10 AM Re: Nice effort [Re: chiknbut]
larryb Offline
Gutter

chikn - Sox 2-0 with out Ozzie at the helm this year. What to make of that?

I admit yesterday when Marquis looked like crap early that I figured the Flubs were done for the day. Then Cecil Cooper proved he was a brain dead idiot and let Backe give up one of the worst innings I have ever seen a Pitcher pitch with out EVER getting anyone up in his Bull Pen. TYhe Astros conceided the game midway in the 4th innning. If I was an Astros player, I would have told my manager that he is an ass hole for giving away a game.

As far as the Sox game, zzzzzzz. Nice to see they got a decent performance from a starter. If they could get as many decent starts from their Pitchers as the Cubs do - they would win the World Series.

#538249 - 08/07/08 10:07 AM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Was thinking about you last night while watching the Sox game. Great first inning and then pretty much a snooze the rest of the way. Made for a pretty long day, huh?

Speaking of leaving a pitcher in, Verlander through 130 pitches last night and was great to the end. One bad pitch (in the first) and it cost him.

Incidentally, Joey Cora is 3-0 as interim manager. Expect him to get a head job sometime in the off season.

Red Sox in town this weekend. I don't hold out too much hope.

#538250 - 08/07/08 10:17 AM Re: Nice effort [Re: chiknbut]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Quote:

Was thinking about you last night while watching the Sox game. Great first inning and then pretty much a snooze the rest of the way. Made for a pretty long day, huh?

Speaking of leaving a pitcher in, Verlander through 130 pitches last night and was great to the end. One bad pitch (in the first) and it cost him.

Incidentally, Joey Cora is 3-0 as interim manager. Expect him to get a head job sometime in the off season.

Red Sox in town this weekend. I don't hold out too much hope.

It was a long day but since I am not a drinker I felt pretty good. Two years ago I thought Verlander would win a Cy Young at some point in his career. last night he was good but not great.

Cora and Ozzie to me are almost one in the same. Both have good baseball minds and really understand the game but are capable of doing the insane. During the Cubs game they played the radio broadcast. I am amazed that a guy like Ron Santo really doesn't have a clue about the game sometimes. He was saying things that were humorous. Such as, they are pitching around him when the count was 3-0 and then when it went to 3-2 he said, well obviously they are not pitching around him.

Red Sox / White Sox may be an ACLS preview. Let's hope so.

#538251 - 08/10/08 11:39 PM Re: Nice effort [Re: larryb]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

#538252 - 08/11/08 07:59 AM Re: Nice effort [Re: Hawklin]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Hawklin - Can't access it on my computer at work. I am sure it is a doozy.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview