Rate This Topic
#517401 - 06/26/08 11:04 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: jayhwk01]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: ATX
AL 139-98 overall

NL 132-104 overall

yup, you pretty much nailed it, the entire NL sucks...get real

talk to me some time after the all star break when your beloved royals are 15 games behind and 15 below .500

#517402 - 06/26/08 11:13 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: digitalkookie]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Loc: Mt. Oread's Shadow
Your right the A.L. is 116-84 in head to head play and only five out of 16 N.L teams even have a winning record and two of those five by only 1 game. The Royals who "suck" so bad are 12-3 vs the N.L. Yep your right the N.L. is just kicking ass. Talk to me when your N.L. can even put up a fight against the sucky Royals.

#517403 - 06/26/08 11:18 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: jayhwk01]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

your guys go 9-10 and sweep the cardinals and you're ready to crown them central league champs?? nice. i have already been through this with outbreakorn, and would offer you the same wager. your royals finish 12 over .500, or less than 20 games out of the AL central and i'll buy you a case of beer...deal???

talk to me when the AL rids itself of the DH and plays some proper baseball...to each their own

#517404 - 06/26/08 11:27 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: digitalkookie]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Ummm did I say anything about being Central champs...No. I was reacting specifically to your the Royals suck post. Pretty easy bet for you btw. The Royals are going to have a lot harder time finishing .500 in the A.L. because it is a tougher division top to bottom. History shows that the Royals play better in the N.L. and there is a reason for that. They are one built like a N.L. team and two the N.L. is weaker as a whole right now. A more proper bet would have been the Royals record vs the N.L. made at the beginning of the season since that is what the argument centers around.

Now as far as the DH goes. I am thinking at this point after what 30+ years the DH is a part of and proper baseball. That is a pretty weak argument anymore. Oh and one last thing.....I don't drink beer.

#517405 - 06/26/08 11:29 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: jayhwk01]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Quote:

Ummm no did not say 10 games made a season. Digital said they suck and I said NOT OF LATE. Pay attention now I hate having to hold your hand on these things.

Alright - Yes, the Royals don't suck as of late. Like you said, as of the last ten games. I said give me the 12 in a row they lost and they sucked 16 inch softballs during that run. I should have realized we were only talking about the last ten games. I suppose I should have just said congrats on the Royals winning 9 of 10 and not sucking as of late. Congrats!

#517406 - 06/26/08 11:33 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: larryb]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

Quote:

Ummm no did not say 10 games made a season. Digital said they suck and I said NOT OF LATE. Pay attention now I hate having to hold your hand on these things.

Alright - Yes, the Royals don't suck as of late. Like you said, as of the last ten games. I said give me the 12 in a row they lost and they sucked 16 inch softballs during that run. I should have realized we were only talking about the last ten games. I suppose I should have just said congrats on the Royals winning 9 of 10 and not sucking as of late. Congrats!

16 inch softballs...generous. I call them both ways. They do not suck of late but during that 12 game losing streak they DID SUCK and I am not sure they could have beat my beer lg. team.

#517407 - 06/26/08 11:43 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: larryb]
heycobo Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Lawrence
it's actually 10 of their last 11. the nl sucks. they will likely get swept or win only one game in the world series yet again. it's easy for gutter to run his mouth now with his cubs tearing it up. wait until september or october and see if he's still around.

#517408 - 06/26/08 11:46 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: jayhwk01]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

jayhawk01...if you can come up with another wager you would like to offer in regards to your royals, i would be more than happy to listen...

and, as i said, to each their own...i am not, nor have i ever been a proponent of the DH.

one more thing...i am with gutter on this one...conrgatulations are in order for winning your 10 game season. dont get me wrong, i grew up in KS and a royals fan, however, after years of less than mediocrity, wasted talent, horrendous trades, etc, etc i had to move on...just sayin'

#517409 - 06/26/08 11:49 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: digitalkookie]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Where do you get this ten game season Sh*t? Whoever said it was a ten game season? Show me the post where that was said. I think I have made it pretty clear I have said THEY DO NOT SUCK AS OF LATE.

To your Royals fan moving on stuff...not buying. Sorry true fans are thick and thin, good or bad. I have rooted for the same teams in every sport since about 6 years old good, bad, or otherwise.

#517410 - 06/26/08 11:58 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: jayhwk01]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Quote:

Where do you get this ten game season Sh*t? Whoever said it was a ten game season? Show me the post where that was said. I think I have made it pretty clear I have said THEY DO NOT SUCK AS OF LATE.

To your Royals fan moving on stuff...not buying. Sorry true fans are thick and thin, good or bad. I have rooted for the same teams in every sport since about 6 years old good, bad, or otherwise.

okay, okay...looking back, it was merely alluded to that the royals were champs of the 10 game season...actually it was the 9-10 comment. i agree they have not sucked as of late, however, plenty of ball to be played.

you dont have to buy my childhood loyalty to the royals...not trying to sell it...merely stating facts. if you wanna talk about sticking with a team thorugh thick and thin, i have been a cubs fan since i could breath!!!!! and, as i am sure you are well aware of, there has been ALOT more thin as opposed to thick...

think of another wager??? dont drink at all, or just no beer??

#517411 - 06/26/08 11:59 AM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: heycobo]
larryb Offline
Gutter

Loc: Work
Quote:

it's actually 10 of their last 11. the nl sucks. they will likely get swept or win only one game in the world series yet again. it's easy for gutter to run his mouth now with his cubs tearing it up. wait until september or october and see if he's still around.

Couple things - The Cubs are the best team in Baseball right now. Probably won't be by the end of the year but it's no different than a KU fan running their mouth in January when things are going well. I assure you I will be around whether it's the Cubs or the Sox in the playoffs. Of course I would prefer the Cubs. Not too sure what you mean by the NL will get swept or win only one game in the WS yet again. Meaning last year? In the last 5 years I watched the Cards beat the Tigers 4-1 and the freaking Florida Fish beat the mighty Yankees 4-2. I can and will agree that the NL is weaker than the AL but the Fresno State Bulldogs were weaker than 82 other teams just a month ago.

#517412 - 06/26/08 12:03 PM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: larryb]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

Quote:

Quote:

Couple things - The Cubs are the best team in Baseball right now. Probably won't be by the end of the year but it's no different than a KU fan running their mouth in January when things are going well. I assure you I will be around whether it's the Cubs or the Sox in the playoffs. Of course I would prefer the Cubs. Not too sure what you mean by the NL will get swept or win only one game in the WS yet again. Meaning last year? In the last 5 years I watched the Cards beat the Tigers 4-1 and the freaking Florida Fish beat the mighty Yankees 4-2. I can and will agree that the NL is weaker than the AL but the Fresno State Bulldogs were weaker than 82 other teams just a month ago.

+1

#517413 - 06/26/08 12:03 PM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: digitalkookie]
jayhwk01 Offline
Timmy's Nemesis

Quote:

Quote:

okay, okay...looking back, it was merely alluded to that the royals were champs of the 10 game season...actually it was the 9-10 comment. i agree they have not sucked as of late, however, plenty of ball to be played.

you dont have to buy my childhood loyalty to the royals...not trying to sell it...merely stating facts. if you wanna talk about sticking with a team thorugh thick and thin, i have been a cubs fan since i could breath!!!!! and, as i am sure you are well aware of, there has been ALOT more thin as opposed to thick...

think of another wager??? dont drink at all, or just no beer??

The irony is that as a lifelong Royals fan am a Cubs fan too. Became one after my first visit to Wrigley. If the Royals and Cubs go head to head I root for the Royals no question but the Cubbies are my N.L. team.

No wager as of yet...I will see what I can come up with and no I don't drink at all. Long story...family history stuff.....just choose not too. I have nothing against those that do and in fact have bought many rounds for my pals.

#517414 - 06/26/08 12:06 PM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: jayhwk01]
digitalkookie Offline
Big Dipper

fair enough 01...let me know if and when you have a juicy offer to throw on the table

#517415 - 06/26/08 12:21 PM Re: The National League Sucks [Re: digitalkookie]
BigTamale Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Kansas City
Where did I see somewhere that apart from the Royals having the best Interleague record in baseball that they have the worst intraleague record?

Royals:
12-3 v. NL
24-40 v. AL

Since then, I think Seattle has the worst AL record.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Preview