Page 148 of 301 < 1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 300 301 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4802 - 11/21/05 10:06 AM Re: ...and going and going and going *** [Re: ixamnis]
RManFlint Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Korova Milkbar
Arthur Bryant's is the best BBQ in the world.

Save the Tuby!

#4803 - 11/21/05 10:16 AM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: RManFlint]
billselfistheman Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Golfing with ChiHawk and MJ.
Quote:

I agree, but I like almost any kind of Kansas City BBQ.

#4804 - 11/21/05 01:29 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: billselfistheman]
madcapper Online   content
John Brown

Loc: Ozarks
Arthur Bryants BBQ is way overated.

#4805 - 11/21/05 01:40 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: kansasnation]
SouthwestHawk Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Great Bend, KS
Nation it looks like you are going to end up with a lot more than that this year. We appreciate your work tho. Thanks

#4806 - 11/21/05 01:44 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: madcapper]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

way

#4807 - 11/21/05 01:50 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: Hawklin]
madcapper Online   content
John Brown

Loc: Ozarks
yep

#4808 - 11/21/05 01:51 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: madcapper]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

whoa

#4809 - 11/21/05 04:50 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: RManFlint]
fif Offline
US Marshal, Kansas Territory

Loc: Little Falls, NY
Quote:

Save the Tuby!

Although I have never eaten Arthur Bryants I would have to say that in principle the best BBQ is when you do it yourself.

You get the whole experience. The BBQ t-shirt, the scent of burning charcoal. You massage the meat with that special mixture of rubs as if it were giving an attractive young woman a sensual back massage. An ice cold beer clenched in one fist, a spatula in the other. Flankinng either side of the grill you have your instruments like that of a surgeon. The sweet aromas of the slow cooked meat waft into your nostrils. Finally, when the meat has cooked to your personal preference, that meat is no longer just a piece of meat, it is a masterpiece worthy of a museum. You almost feel guilty to disrupt the work of art as it would be equivelent to Da Vinci burning the Mona Lise upon its completion. But you know that not all masterpieces are to not to be savored with just the eyes and nose, but the tongue and your sense of taste need also be satisfied. Your hours of preparation and work have come this climax as the fork punctures the now ripe juicy piece of meat and the knife saws through the slab as juices protrude. You raise the fork with the neatly cut perfectly square cut piece of art. And when it touches your tongue the masterpiece has been completed. You clamp your teeth every so little against the metal of the fork and slowly unimpale the art from the fork. You chew ever so slowly to absorb the different flavors as to not miss out in any part of the experience. While doing so a small smile cracks as the corner of lips rise due to a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

That is the best BBQ. And I challenge anyone to say it isn't so.

#4810 - 11/21/05 07:14 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: fif]
ixamnis Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:
Quote:

Save the Tuby!

Although I have never eaten Arthur Bryants I would have to say that in principle the best BBQ is when you do it yourself.

You get the whole experience. The BBQ t-shirt, the scent of burning charcoal. You massage the meat with that special mixture of rubs as if it were giving an attractive young woman a sensual back massage. An ice cold beer clenched in one fist, a spatula in the other. Flankinng either side of the grill you have your instruments like that of a surgeon. The sweet aromas of the slow cooked meat waft into your nostrils. Finally, when the meat has cooked to your personal preference, that meat is no longer just a piece of meat, it is a masterpiece worthy of a museum. You almost feel guilty to disrupt the work of art as it would be equivelent to Da Vinci burning the Mona Lise upon its completion. But you know that not all masterpieces are to not to be savored with just the eyes and nose, but the tongue and your sense of taste need also be satisfied. Your hours of preparation and work have come this climax as the fork punctures the now ripe juicy piece of meat and the knife saws through the slab as juices protrude. You raise the fork with the neatly cut perfectly square cut piece of art. And when it touches your tongue the masterpiece has been completed. You clamp your teeth every so little against the metal of the fork and slowly unimpale the art from the fork. You chew ever so slowly to absorb the different flavors as to not miss out in any part of the experience. While doing so a small smile cracks as the corner of lips rise due to a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.

That is the best BBQ. And I challenge anyone to say it isn't so.

You obviously haven't tasted MY BBQ.

#4811 - 11/21/05 07:19 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: ixamnis]
NJhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: California
I just like any BBQ that is palpable and easy to swallow that doesn't leave a bad after taste. Being any more specific from that point on is up to you.

#4812 - 11/21/05 07:20 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: NJhawk]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

Selfs new board should work out nice when hes out surfing with his buddy Tuby.

#4813 - 11/22/05 05:32 AM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: Hawklin]
NJhawk Offline
Big Dipper

Loc: California
What year is that?

#4814 - 11/22/05 11:18 AM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: NJhawk]
jensen Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: Charleston, SC
Posted on Tue, Nov. 22, 2005

Johanna
NORMAN NG/The Kansas City Star

Wes Bergmann of “Real World: Austin” says he has grown tired of the bar scene, although he turns 21 on Thursday.
M O R E N E W S F R O M topix.net
• The Real World
• Reality
• Drama

Television

Hey, Wes, wassup?

Signs point to a ‘Real World’ love match

By TIM ENGLE

The Kansas City Star

Where in the world is Wes Bergmann, the No. 1 party person on “The Real World: Austin”? He was in Australia. For a month. But when we caught up with him last weekend, he was back stateside, in Santa Monica, Calif.

Santa Monica, Santa Monica — hey, isn’t that where fellow “RW” alum Johanna Botta lives? Sure enough. Johanna was also Down Under (as in, ahem, Australia) with Wes. Why? “For unknown purposes” is all he’ll say.

Yes, our Wes — he’s from Leawood — has become a man of mystery.

Nosy reporter: “So if you and Johanna are hanging out, the obvious question is, are you a couple?”

Wes: “The obvious answer is, I can’t tell you right now. I would’ve told you three days ago, but I got in trouble two days ago. So I’m gonna be a good little boy for three weeks.”

Wes, it turns out, was just scolded by MTV for blabbing too much to a radio DJ about the docu-soap’s twists and turns.

But much, if not all, should be revealed on tonight’s finale. Previews show much drama and screaming — some of it starring Wes and roomies Nehemiah and Rachel. (On last week’s episode Rachel said a drunk Wes slapped her.) Wes says some of the housemates left Austin without even saying goodbye to each other.

But back to the possible coupling of Wes and Johanna: They’ve been seen on the show making out a little, but each had other main squeezes.

Keep in mind that “RW: Austin” wrapped filming in May. In early June Wes told us that he and Jo were good friends. And since then they’ve spent a lot of time together, traveling the country making appearances.

The Austin cast’s reunion show, filmed in September and expected to be shown in a couple of weeks, may be when we really learn if Wes and Johanna are an item. Wes says other surprises are in store as well, especially with Nehemiah and Danny. “You’re gonna be shocked,” he promises.

In other Wes news:

&#9632;&#9632;He did not return to Arizona State this fall, and he won’t be there next semester either. (He does plan to finish school eventually.) Instead, he has taken advantage of offers to appear at bars, hosting contests involving bikinis, wet T-shirts and lap dances. Actually it’s hard work, he says, because “there are things that have changed.” Like maybe he has a girlfriend?

&#9632; Back in June when the Austin season was about to premiere, we got the idea that Wes’ parents were none too happy he’d done the show. But his mom is his secretary these days, Wes says; he sends the dough he makes to her. (One bar appearance can pay $1,000, plus free airfare and hotel room.) So since he’s putting money away, “they really can’t be too (peeved), you know.”

&#9632; Here’s a stunner: “I’m basically very, very barred out.” Translation: His days of hitting watering holes regularly and hooking up with random girls are “kinda over.”

Wes turns 21 on Thanksgiving Day, which means he can now drink legally. What will he be thankful for? We’d guess Johanna is on that list. (The two of them will arrive in KC next weekend for a visit.)

What else? Well, despite all his carousing in Austin, Wes never got tossed in jail. For a “Real Worlder,” that’s like a badge of honor.
So long, ‘Austin’

The season finale of “The Real World: Austin” is at 9 tonight on MTV.

#4815 - 11/22/05 11:38 AM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: jensen]
Hawklin Offline
Justin Ray Giddens

See you at Paddy Os Thursday night.

#4816 - 11/22/05 04:29 PM Re: ...and going and going and going [Re: jensen]
ixamnis Offline
Pure Jayhawk

Quote:
....He did not return to Arizona State this fall, and he won’t be there next semester either. (He does plan to finish school eventually.) Instead, he has taken advantage of offers to appear at bars, hosting contests involving bikinis, wet T-shirts and lap dances. Actually it’s hard work, he says, because “there are things that have changed.” ....

Hard work, my ...ah.... foot. Hard work, my foot! Clearly this kid doesn't know what hard work is. When I was his age, I was tossing around 100lb bales of hay. What I wouldn't have done to host contests involving bikinis and wet T-shirts.

For that matter, what I wouldn't STILL do for that kind of "work".

Page 148 of 301 < 1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 300 301 >

Preview