Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#47932 - 02/06/07 09:47 PM Back form the KU/CU game (brando edition).....
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Loc: anywhere there is beer...
GREAT WIN FOR THE LADIES!!!! Good composure at the end of the game to force overtime....NEVER letting up....

Pretty good crowd. Maybe a dozen students, 1/2 the football team, Julian, Jeremy, Rodrick, all the basketball coaches (Self stayed until the end of overtime)...probably 2000 people all together....but they were LOUD when they needed to be...

REBOUNDING REBOUNDING REBOUNDING.....KU lost the rebounding edge 40-42 (or something close)...alot of missed shots from both teams and not enough second chance points taken advantage of.

17-18 from the free throw line. Bonnie said in her postgame that they have been taking a stronger approach to free throws in practice. Called this team the best free throw practice team, but the worst free throw game team she has had. Very pleased with the preformance from the line tonight.

Shaq was going 90 to nothing tonight. Good shot selection, good assists. Kept Whitney Houston on her toes as if Bobby Brown was after her. (Yes CU has a player named Whitney Houston and most of the fans snickered when they announced her name. Self and Manning got a good kick out of it as well. Next year I think CU signed Britney Spears)...

Sharita Smith had a good game as well. Bonnie said that Sharita could get a speeding ticket if she is not careful...

I was VERY impressed that the athletics department is trying to get students there. At the corner of the tennis courts on Naismith, there was a large easel style sign advertising the WBB game tonight and in big letters KU STUDENTS FREE WITH KU ID....they should probably move it up onto Wescoe for the next 2 games......Mizzou on 2/14 and KSU on 2/18...both of which I think are televised on FSN....

#47933 - 02/06/07 10:26 PM Re: Back form the KU/CU game (brando edition)..... [Re: brando]
hawks1111 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: OP,KS
Brando it was great seein you there with students that actually cared and that got loud.

you were right about all except you didn't mention McCray, she was great at the end of regulation and OT, she played great D and had that drive that tied the game.

Rita and Shaq have stepped up the past 3 games like seniors are supposed to do, Shaq is playin almost like an All Big-12 player, and Rita always plays great D and she starting to find her shot.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, LET'S BEAT MU

#47934 - 02/07/07 12:31 AM Re: Back form the KU/CU game (brando edition)..... [Re: hawks1111]
flange Offline
John Brown

Loc: Folsom, CA
Snicker at Whitney Houston's name all you want, but she was very, very good tonight and we were pretty fortunate to win this game. Houston was great at creating her own shot, and she rarely missed when she was open. We also did not have the post presence that CU had. That we were as close in rebounding as we were speaks volumes about the effort we put forth on the boards. On the bright side, I thought we were much more athletic than CU, and we did very well against them when we pushed the tempo. The tree we've recruited for next season should help us a lot, as we struggled in blocked shots as well.

In summary, this game was a blast to watch, and our women should feel great about walking away with the win. Great game ladies, it's time to start a winning streak!

#47935 - 02/07/07 07:20 AM Re: Back form the KU/CU game (brando edition)..... [Re: flange]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

Houston had some pretty UGLY shots though....

#47936 - 02/07/07 07:35 AM Re: Back form the KU/CU game (brando edition)..... [Re: brando]
hawks1111 Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: OP,KS
We all saw how far back that Shaq played Houston all night, she let her have the 3 a lot and Houston barely hit the rim each time.

#47937 - 02/12/07 12:48 PM Re: Back form the KU/CU game (brando edition)..... [Re: hawks1111]
kuking123 Offline
Multiple Gutter

Loc: 41 N 87 W
Brando - I know we have beaten Texas on the road since but you helped the women to a Big 12 victory. Thanks for supporting the team. You are a true fan. I bet you didn't even need to chant DUI and were smart enough not to chant PMS, ERA, or NOW.

#47938 - 02/12/07 12:57 PM Re: Back form the KU/CU game (brando edition)..... [Re: kuking123]
brando Offline
Max Falkenstein

you are correct gutter...but I got some good signs ready for the KU/KSU game this weekend...

and of course they have nothing to do with Deb's bookmark Christmas presents....

Preview