Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#469893 - 04/18/08 11:58 AM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton ***** [Re: chiknbut]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Loc: Got a gal in Kalamazoo
C'mon, chiknbut, what do you need to be Bon Jovi for? You're already a rock star on these boards!

#469894 - 04/18/08 12:00 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: horton_hombre]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

That's very kind of you to say.

But I'm no Bon Jovi.

That would be incredibulouslyawesome!

#469895 - 04/18/08 12:05 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: chiknbut]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Don't you get all the newbie groupies that come around kusports.com?

#469896 - 04/18/08 12:05 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: cwf414]
huskersnjayhawks Offline
Phog Fanatic

Loc: The Joe, Missouri
Quote:

You guys are getting all worked up for nothin. The Hat thing was not planned. It was thrown to him from the crowd and he put it on, the camera zoomed in on the hat
and the reaction for the crowd was cool especially since we were in missery! I know it got the loudestreaction from me all night! Anyways Im 23 so not really a huge bon jovi fan but it was worth goin.

I was there as well and it was pretty sweet at the crowd reaction when he put on the hat. Everyone around me was screaming and giving high-5's except the doof with the K-State hat on. *hahah* Also loved it when they showed the KU emblem and no Mizzou stuff either.

#469897 - 04/18/08 12:29 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: horton_hombre]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
Quote:

Where's Cindy Self? Figured she'd be in the pics.

She was chillin on the tour bus.

#469898 - 04/18/08 12:37 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: MICHHAWK]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Maybe we should replace the U2 song in the AFH intro with "Livin' on a Prayer."

#469899 - 04/18/08 01:09 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: horton_hombre]
Pitt_Hawker Offline
Crimson & Blue Blood

Loc: OKC, OK
It is a nice gesture, but likem said before...they were just playing to the crowd...I would love to replace the U2 song with ANYTHING else...secondly, I cant imagine the backlash when Ritchie Sambora is busted again for a DUI wearing his new KU jersey.

#469900 - 04/18/08 01:10 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: horton_hombre]
mushhawk Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: State, Country
i'm so sick of that U2 song.

how did that become our school song??

stupid marchiony is probably a big U2 fan.

the KU band already plays living on a prayer though....usually during time-outs.

those pics are cool! the band doesn't look too excited to get the KU jerseys though. probably not big sporto's.

anyone got a shot of bon jovi wearing the NC hat during the concert??

#469901 - 04/18/08 01:13 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: mushhawk]
horton_hombre Offline
John Brown

Who's the woman in the photos, Alferd?

#469902 - 04/18/08 01:18 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: horton_hombre]
chiknbut Offline
Bowl Cut Boy

Loc: JRP lunchroom

Can I just interject here again to say how much I really want to be John Bon Jovi?

#469903 - 04/18/08 01:20 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: chiknbut]
cwf414 Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Kansas
Quote:

Can I just interject here again to say how much I really want to be John Bon Jovi?

#469904 - 04/18/08 02:02 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: MICHHAWK]
jayhawklaw Offline
Baby Jay

Loc: Free State Lobby
Quote:

You seem as if maybe you are a little jealous of Bon Jovi's success. Afterall, he is one of the most successful entertainers of the last half century. Rock star. Actor. Heartthrob.

Do you secretly wish you were Bon Jovi?

I used to make my living playing acoustic guitar and singing in a little dive bar in Hoboken called "The Beached Syringe." One night, I'm half-way through my set when a group of four or five women walk into the bar. I later realized they were actually guys, just with lots of hairspray and tight jeans. I don't want to get off point, though.

As I go through my set, I can tell these guys (or whatever) are really into my stuff. They are really enjoying themselves. Anyway, as I finish my set, I realize the dark-headed one is holding a recording device. I approach him about it and he says he's just trying to get an idea of the acoustics of the bar and that he was going to turn the tape over to their mixing board technician to figure out how to soundscape the Beached Syringe for their upcoming show. I let it go at that. I mean, it was 1982 and I had blow to do.

Two years later, I couldn't believe it, my songs on adult contemporary radio. Word for word. The DJ tells me they're from a hot young band out of New Jersey. At this point my blood begins to boil. I go pick up the album and look at the credits of the tracks. This is what I see:

"Runaway (Bon Jovi song)|Runaway" (Jon Bon Jovi, George Karak) 3:50
"Roulette" (Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora) 4:41
"She Don't Know Me" (Mark Avsec) 4:02
"Shot Through the Heart" (Bon Jovi, Jack Ponti) 4:25
"Love Lies" (Bon Jovi, David Rashbaum) 4:09
"Brakeout" (Bon Jovi, Rashbaum) 5:23
"Burning for Love" (Bon Jovi, Sambora) 3:53
"Come Back" (Bon Jovi, Sambora) 3:58
"Get Ready" (Bon Jovi, Sambora) 4:08

That's right, folks, I am a little upset with Bon Jovi. Their entire debut album was lifted from my set at the ol' Syringe. At least I can look back at it and accept that all of those songs suck and I'm glad I didn't have to spend the next 24 years of my life playing them.

You're right though, I'm jealous of Jon; he just got to meet Bill Self.

#469905 - 04/18/08 02:06 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: jayhawklaw]
MICHHAWK Offline
Wilt Chamberlain

Loc: Port Huron MI
That is one of the better internet stories I have heard.

#469906 - 04/18/08 02:39 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: MICHHAWK]
JayhawkJules Offline
Prairie Warrior

Loc: Johnson County!
I will be at the concert Tuesday and I expect some KU love from my beloved Jon Bon!

#469907 - 04/18/08 02:49 PM Re: Bon Jovi sported A KU National champs hat ton [Re: JayhawkJules]
SEKKUfan4life Offline
Junior Jayhawk

Loc: Kansas
I also will be at the concert Tuesday Rock'n the new championship shirt I received in the mail today. It is the one with the scores on the back.

Also Bon Jovi might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I am sure their will be some fine looking ladies there to see him. So I get pretty good singing and alot of great scenery.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Preview